Space Cadet BETA VPX

Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    bjschneider93
    Participant
      @bjschneider93

B2s grill doesn’t hide for me either

artyfarty
      Participant
        @artyfarty

Great table to bring back memories. Thanks for the work on it.

I can get the music working by pressing “S” after the game starts, but it only plays for 30 seconds, then I have to press “S” twice to get another 30 seconds – is there something I can do to make the music play continuously?

In Sound Manager I’ve changed all sounds with an import path of C:\Users\Sprinter\Desktop\Space Cadet\Future Pinball\Sounds to play on the Backglass, as well as bgout_alarmbeep. Should there be others that play on the Backglass?

I don’t seems to be getting sounds for droptargets (there may be others, but I’ve particularly noticed those.

And it would be great if the Backglass grill could be hidden.

artyfarty
        Participant
          @artyfarty

I’m also getting the LightBooster0 error.

And a few times the ball hasn’t reloaded after draining, all I can do is quit & restart the table.

For the backglass, you can import the directb2s in BackglassDesigner, export the “dark backglass image”, crop it, reimport it, and then create a new directb2s backglass file.

For the music, I’ve downloaded an 8.5 minute mp3 from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qM9PAplp0 and put it in my Music folder, and added PlayMusic “Pinball.mp3” as the third line of the script. But I can’t find a way to loop this, so it still stops when finished.

artyfarty
          Participant
            @artyfarty

OK I figured out how to loop the music; I’ve added the following lines at the top of the script:

‘ Set up music
            ‘ from visual guide
            Dim Song
            Song = “SpaceCadet.mp3”

Sub Table1_MusicDone()
            PlayMusic Song
            End Sub

EndMusic
            PlayMusic Song

‘ End set up music

I’ve also added a test at the beginning of the 2 lines that can result in “Lightbooster0” which doesn’t work. Search for the lines containing both LightBooster and contBOC, and add “if contBOC > 0 then ” before the Execute statement.

And I’ve realised that the problem I mentioned above – that the ball isn’t reloading after draining – is actually a different issue. The ball gets stuck in the elevated playfield area up the ramp on the left of the playfield, and doesn’t drop down the hole to the lower playfield.

Any ideas what is causing this?

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

That was always a strange bug and seems the ball changes size somehow from what I recall

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

ShadowFlame
              Participant
                @shadowflame76

Just curious if this will ever be completed? It’s such a fun table would love to have it play like it did back in the Windows XP days.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t think anyone is working on it at the moment.

freelunch
                  Participant
                    @freelunch

The bones look good. @freneticamnesic fixed a lot of the physical sizing issues with the FP version. I’ve recently been getting back into learning and practicing code. I’m inexperienced with VP table development, but I have some subpar OOP experience. If I have time, I’ll see if I can mod this into a 1:1 recreation of the original Full Tilt version, but I won’t upload anything without permission. Hopefully I’m not just full of hot air.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

You should not be afraid to do what you want with this table. Fren gave us a good to go to use any of his work. He even encouraged us to do so.

freneticamnesic
                        @freneticamnesic
                        vipModeratorMember

Upload it! I don’t think that guy even comes around here anymore

Punch it!

roccodimarco
                        Participant
                          @roccodimarco

Here’s a dropbox folder with the sound effects from the original table.  I have yet to go through and identify each sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aas9fu7klpk883l/AADKNzymJN9lUe6qpyG_PCcNa?dl=0

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

@freneticamnesic may have a version with all sounds now i think?

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                              @freneticamnesic
                              vipModeratorMember

When I got my data back it looked like the current uploaded version was the latest version I had unfortunately

Punch it!

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

crap. i swear i recall testing a version with more sound effects but maybe i was playing the dang windows version to compare :wacko:

for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
                                  @rothbauerw
                                  ModeratorContributorMembervip

This would be a neat table to have in VPX.  I fired up Mad Scientist the other day and really enjoyed playing it.  I’d even volunteer to help if I didn’t currently have other commitments.  :cry:

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Kingspian
                                  Participant
                                    @kingspian

Here’s a dropbox folder with the sound effects from the original table.  I have yet to go through and identify each sound.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aas9fu7klpk883l/AADKNzymJN9lUe6qpyG_PCcNa?dl=0

Could you please Reupload it? I’m getting to many “file not found” and it’s ruining the fun  :cry:

Kingspian
                                    Participant
                                      @kingspian

Yea same here. I’m not getting alot of sounds from my sound files, It’s like they’re in C drive and D drive and mine are all on C, G and E drives.

NicoBR333
                                      Participant
                                        @nicobr333
                                        This reply has been marked as private.
                                        1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 21 through 38 (of 38 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?