Star Wars – Data East (1992) [VPX]

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    elbellodgm
    Participant
      @elbellodgm

sorry about my english, i’m from argentina. how do i change the scores of the main ramp, because it’s diferent than the original. thanks again

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

On some tables, you can press F6 and change rom options such as scoring (dips). On others you have to be the pinball tech and go into the rom options (rom menu). You can’t change the scoring via script, it is rom that counts that. It would be possible that they used the wrong switch in the wrong place though.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        elbellodgm
        Participant
          @elbellodgm

if i use the same roms in the VP9 table the ramps scores are diferents, how is that posible.

Thalamus
            @thalamus

My last sentence would explain such a thing. Also, if the rom used is different, then you have to check that the dip options is set the same too.

STAT
            Participant
              @stefanaustria
              MemberContributor

Data East Star Wars ROM is available as Version 1.03, 1.04, 1.06 and 1.07, and there are different Scores and more,
              personally i use 1.07 and it is great ( also works fine with the Colorisation Files ) … check here:

https://www.pinballcode.com/downloads

Same ROM and different in VP9 / VPX ? Then one of them got a wrong Switch, if so it is a nice Find,
              should be SW17 or(and?) SW39 (not tested, away from Cab) …

SW_Ramp

elbellodgm
              Participant
                @elbellodgm

And how do i change those switches?

The scoring of the ramp has to be the same that the Lethal weapon 3

elbellodgm
                Participant
                  @elbellodgm

I solve it, i change a script line where the rom is and now uses another ROM

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

I don’t know if I would call that a fix. But, ok – if you need a specific score for the switches. Just know that roms are upgraded for a reason. Sometime scoring is addressed, being that the game is unbalanced and of course because of bugs too. Normally I would say that the guys authoring the older games knows what best to use. There are of course a few exceptions to that, since there exists some rom hackers that change these old roms. But, that is mostly competition related fixes/changes.

partyguy1516
                    Participant
                      @partyguy1516

so super strange issue with only this table and lethal weapon. Both DE tables. but during game-play when the 3rd screen dmd is supposed to show a score it is blank. howevery table plays fine and runs through dmd animations. any tips?

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

First time I believe hearing such a thing. Why don’t you try to reset the registry for those games ?!

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

If you still have problems. Please make a screenshot of what you’re seeing. It is always better to give us visual clues instead of describing the problem. Often, a description can be misinterpreted and wrong suggestions given.

JediWizard
                        Participant
                          @jediwizard

Amazing table thanks for sharing

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

bietekwiet
                          Participant
                            @bietekwiet

Does any of you guys know how to operate the shifter (up and down) on this table?
                            When 6 of the moons are lit you can open up the death star by pushing the lever shifter down and push the fire button.
                            I can push the fire power but I can’t figure out which keys the game uses for the lever function. Magna Save buttons perhaps?

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

From what I see in the script. Yes, left magna “releases” switch 50, which is tied “shift down” and right does the opposite. For the “button AND shift down” combination, it seems to use the plunger key.

Bald Eagle
                              Participant
                                @baldeagle

Table is amazing! Thanks! :good:

Vladaymir
                                Participant
                                  @vladaymir

This table is beautiful, thank you so much

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?