Swinger Williams 1972

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    PinPlayer
    Participant
      @pinplayer

Here is my initial release of Williams’ Swinger table from 1972. It is a 2 player version of their 4 player table Fun Fest released the following year.

I was inspired to make this table for my virtual pinball cabinet after my friend bough one to restore. I started making this table over a year ago for VP 9.21, but I only recently found the time to converted it for VPX v10.6 (should also run fine in v10.5). Artwork was hand drawn referencing photographs of an actual table.

Media files and B2S backglass are included. I designed this table for use in a cabinet with three screens. My apologies to desktop users as I haven’t completed support for that mode yet. Press F6 to change game settings. I welcome all constructive criticisms to help make future releases even better.

I hope everyone enjoys this table!

PinPlayer
      Participant
        @pinplayer

Here is the file. I took out some debugging code that interrupted gameplay.

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Great to see this in VPX. Nice work. I had a quick few games on it. Not crazy about the Windows menu box announcing the next player’s turn but otherwise very happy to have this. Hope you keep building games and developing your craft.

PinPlayer
          Participant
            @pinplayer
            This reply has been marked as private.
            PinPlayer
            Participant
              @pinplayer

Here is the .zip file again with version 1.0a.

I was too ambitious to get out my first release. It had many lighting, logic and score keeping errors in the script. All of that is fixed. I also added a piece of tape on the glass to track high scores.

Enjoy!

Thalamus
                @thalamus
                ContributorMemberModerator

I don’t understand why you don’t upload this as a regular release. All you need to prepare is a screenshot that you upload together with the table. After the table is approved, you can upload/update it as many times as you like without any admins needing to approve. A few things I would change. ( before testing your latest ) The upper rubber, I would give it more bounce. Also, I would have a look at the targets physics. The ball to me seems to die too much when hit. I think you’ve done a good job on this one @PinPlayer.

Drybonz
                Participant
                  @drybonz

Definitely… put your work in the showcase and upload it to the tables section.    :yes:

bord
                    @bord

I was watching gameplay videos of this table today. Lots of play around the kicker cup area. Here is a link to a playfield mesh that 10.6 users could implement to increase that feel:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=100_S-rNZGqeZ_VDGtmLvHW9xRHoXrbYc

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    Thalamus
                      @thalamus
                      ContributorMemberModerator

Thanks Bord. I enjoy tinkering with VP a lot. Would it be possible to do a quick write-up on how you make these primitive playfields ? Would be a great addition to eg. the wiki.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      STAT
                      Participant
                        @stefanaustria
                        MemberContributor

Huh, i really wondered – there is a Table to Download … :-)  … ok, found it !

bord
                          @bord

Thanks Bord. I enjoy tinkering with VP a lot. Would it be possible to do a quick write-up on how you make these primitive playfields ? Would be a great addition to eg. the wiki.

This is a start anyway. I added a video in the comments for those so inclined, although I will do one with narration someday to help explain a bit better.

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/creating-a-playfield-mesh-with-holes-tutorial-basic/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?