The Walking Dead TWD Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

Once said by a very wise man :

1. Never disable AT91Jit on Mustang, Walking Dead LE , ACDC LE, Star Trek LE.
      These games require precise timing that only AT91Jit = 1 offers.

2. Mustang requires special code hacks that are only programmed for the 1.45
      Pro and LE roms. The color patch of the ROM does not alter the game code so
      it still works. No other editions or ROM versions will work.

https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/turning-onoff-at91jit/

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

Ok resolved.
        ag91JIT must be on 1 in register

The question is why was the ag91JIT off in your register

GuruChoc
        Participant
          @guruchoc

Ok, so no-one ever hooked up the leftmagnasave button for the bombs ?

G

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Bombs on TWD ?

Siggi
            Participant
              @siggi

Bombs on TWD ?

There are walkerbombs in the LE but i never found them.

You can fire them when the lockbar key is flashing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Thalamus
                @thalamus

Hmm. This was all new to me. “During well round collect food to add bombs. First aid and prison round adds prison bombs. During Horde collect weapons to add bombs.”. Guess now I have to make sure that right-magna is tied to fire-button in the script. Never checked.

Update : ah – it seems they all have this set and ready to go – ok, that means TWD being played this weekend with beers ( and TOM – beta testing – it is AWESOME )

Siggi
                Participant
                  @siggi

Seems the rules on this newer tables are somtimes a bit complicated. :wacko:

GuruChoc
                  Participant
                    @guruchoc

Ok, current bugs:.

2x playfield is never enabled, many games spent trying to get it to turn on it still never gets enabled.

LHS outlane is barely ever triggered, outlane seems to wide, or rollover wire is not in the correct spot. This has issues with ball saves not being activated because the machine doesn’t realise the ball has gone down and outlane.

G

GuruChoc
                    Participant
                      @guruchoc

Seems the rules on this newer tables are somtimes a bit complicated. :wacko:

Hmm. This was all new to me. “During well round collect food to add bombs. First aid and prison round adds prison bombs. During Horde collect weapons to add bombs.”. Guess now I have to make sure that right-magna is tied to fire-button in the script. Never checked.

Update : ah – it seems they all have this set and ready to go – ok, that means TWD being played this weekend with beers ( and TOM – beta testing – it is AWESOME )

Yes, realised it was there all along in the code (hit the launch button or left magnasave when you have the bombs) Need to build me a button with a light in it in the middle of my lock down bar to make it more obvious.

G

zubial
                      Participant
                        @zubial

+1. Unfortunately the double score does not work on this table. But also on the other versions (example: the version of Dozer)

GuruChoc
                        Participant
                          @guruchoc

+1. Unfortunately the double score does not work on this table. But also on the other versions (example: the version of Dozer)

Bugger, so we will never enjoy that feature.

G

Thalamus
                            @thalamus

We’re talking 2x playfield yes ? Can you describe what is needed to get that going – so I’m sure we’re talking about the same.

This is what you are saying – isn’t working ?

2x playfield (Tower shot):
                            Hit standups on either side of the prison to light the tower standup in the back of the playfield.  Shoot the riot shot to the left of the prison all the way around to the tower target to start 2x scoring for 30 seconds.  An additional 10 seconds can be added to the double playfield mode BEFORE YOU START IT by completing the standups a second time. Additionally, the tower shot scores more points for each pair of Stab Targets hit prior to hitting the Tower.

A certain number of Tower shots when lit will light Extra Ball

zubial
                            Participant
                              @zubial

@Thalamus, yes, it is indeed 2x playfield (Tower shot). The rule that you have described is very good. I respect the rules of the game, but the “2x playfield” refuses to trigger.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus

Ok, I will take a closer look. Not sure what LHS outlane means ?!

zubial
                                Participant
                                  @zubial

@Thalamus, no, i don’t know what Outlane LHS means, sorry.

bord
                                    @bord
                                    MembervipContributorModerator

Left Hand Side?

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus

I’m a bit confused about the 2X playfield. I cheated just now, using the ball control and I was able to get the 2X pf light blinking like it should after doing the procedure I’ve mentioned. So, I don’t think it is broken. This was a very quick check – one of my favorite tables so I will look more closely later on to learn the rule as I haven’t really had focus on 2x pf scoring before in my tactics for this machine.

Left outlane, will check that too.

Update : Sure, left outlate – it is possible to not hit sw24, but, you have to be very unlucky for that to happen. Just make it a tiny bit larger and it is fixed. I doubt that this can be what was mentioned earlier though. I can’t recall seeing it happen here.

I also played a regular game trying to focus on getting 2x pf – I managed to do it but I’m still confused to what is actually needed in order to that to happen. To me it seems that if you start prison or some mode, it cancels it out, or something. I tried to look if there is anything that can be made easier in the game rules (rom) but, I didn’t find anything else than it mentioned 2x holdover from ball/ball – without understanding what it actually means. Didn’t care to try.

GuruChoc
                                      Participant
                                        @guruchoc

I’m a bit confused about the 2X playfield. I cheated just now, using the ball control and I was able to get the 2X pf light blinking like it should after doing the procedure I’ve mentioned. So, I don’t think it is broken. This was a very quick check – one of my favorite tables so I will look more closely later on to learn the rule as I haven’t really had focus on 2x pf scoring before in my tactics for this machine.

Left outlane, will check that too.

Update : Sure, left outlate – it is possible to not hit sw24, but, you have to be very unlucky for that to happen. Just make it a tiny bit larger and it is fixed. I doubt that this can be what was mentioned earlier though. I can’t recall seeing it happen here.

I also played a regular game trying to focus on getting 2x pf – I managed to do it but I’m still confused to what is actually needed in order to that to happen. To me it seems that if you start prison or some mode, it cancels it out, or something. I tried to look if there is anything that can be made easier in the game rules (rom) but, I didn’t find anything else than it mentioned 2x holdover from ball/ball – without understanding what it actually means. Didn’t care to try.

Thanks for fixing the outlane switch. I was playing this in a virtual comp last week, I probably put 15 or so hours into playing it, the switch did not trigger quite a lot during that time when it drained.

“2x playfield (Tower shot):
                                        Hit standups on either side of the prison to light the tower standup in the back of the playfield.  Shoot the riot shot to the left of the prison all the way around to the tower target to start 2x scoring for 30 seconds.  An additional 10 seconds can be added to the double playfield mode BEFORE YOU START IT by completing the standups a second time. ”

Is the Tower Target that is at the end of the Riot shot registering properly in game mode ? I put an hours worth of play into just trying to trigger the 2x scoring, as did another member in the comp, neither of us could get the 2x scoring to light by following the method above.

Is the light on the playfield actually lighting, that is all I was looking for, I didn’t check if the DMD displayed 2x scoring on it, the light was my trigger to see if it worked.

G

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus

Yes. it was blinking while it was active – but, I didn’t have anything going on that would give me great scores at that time so I could not really notice that the score was doubled.

The tower target must be working – because when I cheated and pushed the ball on to that target the score increased. I just wasn’t able to see any huge benefit from playing 2x at that time. At least now I know something about it and maybe during mb I will try to see if I can start it. That is when it is really beneficial I guess ;)

GuruChoc
                                          Participant
                                            @guruchoc

Yes. it was blinking while it was active – but, I didn’t have anything going on that would give me great scores at that time so I could not really notice that the score was doubled.

The tower target must be working – because when I cheated and pushed the ball on to that target the score increased. I just wasn’t able to see any huge benefit from playing 2x at that time. At least now I know something about it and maybe during mb I will try to see if I can start it. That is when it is really beneficial I guess ;)

I’ll hop on later today and stream it on twitch and just try light the 2x multiplier, at least it is recorded than and I can go back through the footage and see what happens when I am playing.

G

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?