There needs to be some professional courtesy here that is lacking

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    makmak
    Participant
      @makmak

“that’s the problem with this damn world today.”

We reap what we sow.

Dont tell anymore, you obvioisly HAVE a bad day. All the best to you!

remdwaas1986
      Participant
        @remdwaas1986

I can understand that when you put so much work in a table you are want it to see on the frontpage so people will know your table and download it. I build 5 tables now and one i cannot release ever.

For me i don’t care about being on the frontpage but i want a table that works and if i release them them and they have a ball that gets stucks like in a early table of pokemon of mine. You want to fix that as soon as possible and update it.

So maybe its a idea to post only new tables because people work very hard.

The thing what is frustrating for me if people download and don’t respond. Because then i don’t know if my work is appriciated or not! Also i need the feedback/help to become better and grow as a person in the passion i have for this hobby. It the same in the wip i get no reactions on my topic, should i build the tables of not. Because i put for the pokemon table allready 337hours of work and i build all tables from scratch.

But then again don’t we build the tables not also for ourselfs aswell to create something that is not been done ever?

Everybody asking everytime about dof i cannot fix that and also the lighting can be better, but i get no reaction if i post that in my support topics.

We are all people! Just relax and play pinball!

xenonph
        Participant
          @xenonph
          MemberContributor

“The thing what is frustrating for me if people download and don’t respond.”

If a table builder just goes on feedback from community, you may be waiting a long time to get feedback from some.

More than 3/4’s of the people or more who download an item, don’t even leave a thanks, or any type of acknowledgement.

“Everybody asking everytime about dof i cannot fix that and also the lighting can be better, but i get no reaction if i post that in my support topics.”

Yes funny how they can tell you what isn’t working on their rig, and critique your lighting, but no thanks at all.

This is the lonely road that all table makers travel on.

Maybe a small amount of fame, and no fortune at all.

All work, and very little time to play.

So the least we can do is give them their 1 day of glory on the front page.

If someone only changes their download links on a few items, those updates push the new upload off the front page.

For example, not naming names. Someone updated their download links, (offsite links) almost every day for a week awhile back.

Everyday I would sign in and see the same items on the front page, for about a week I saw this.

I would check the download page, and check the changelog section, and nothing was editted except for the offsite download links.

Having a seperate section on front page for just updated items would solve this problem.

I am not sure if I asked Randr to do this, But when I was uploading all of those NFL mods, I personally sent Paul (Noah Fentz) on VPForums a message telling him to NOT add my tables to the new uploads section. So I wouldn’t push anyone elses new stuff off the front page. You can ask him yourself.

He was happy to oblidge me. That was over 5 years ago.

So the front page is important to people who upload there creations, whether they want to admit it, or not.

Give them their day of glory. Yes it may be a small consolation prize, but its better than nothing.

Just my 2 cents.

Carry on.

Daryl
          Participant
            @allknowing2012

So when should I post Aerosmith? Asking for a friend :-)

Badazzwi
            Participant
              @badazzwi

Being that Aerosmith would probably be considered a “small” table you could probably post that right now. ;-)

I honestly don’t pay much attention to the front page. I go straight to the all downloads and browse that almost daily to see if I missed anything.

Even so anyone that puts countless hours into creating something deserves their time in the spotlight.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I go to downloads too but it is gratifying to see your creation being advertised for at least a day.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

I don’t recall basking in the glory of the front page. I don’t want to scare people away from posting their work here, or holding back just because Tom might want some more clout…

Punch it!

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

@freneticamnesic, if you actually read the whole post you will see that nowhere in there did I complain about myself or any of my tables.  I was talking about others so thanks for trying to portray me as selfish, maybe you would like it if I pulled all my tables and fucking left

xenonph
                    Participant
                      @xenonph
                      MemberContributor

I think scaring people away from uploading, or holding them back, is the last thing anyone wants here.

We can all agree on that!!

Tom was actually asking this for other peoples tables. (So it would be their clout, not his.)

He specifically named Bounty Hunter and City Slicker in the first post. (Those are not his uploads.)

The great Bord uploaded Bounty Hunter, and the great MisterMixer uploaded City Slicker.

Carry on.

Tom
                      Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

I try and get some damn courtesy spread and I get castrated

JR
                        Participant
                          @jfr1

How to not get castrated – – “Hey guys!  How can new uploads get extended prime-time on the front page?”

I get what you’ve been saying.  I’ve missed things because of how this site works.  I usually find them anyway!  But like today, a Mr Bean uploads a number of wheel images…one…at…a…time.  And bumps things.  I think you’re right that things could be structured better.  But I happen to feel that at this moment, in these times, we’re lucky to still have this site.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Sorry. I don’t see this thread as constructive and useful for anyone anymore. Nit picking at wording and discussing something none of us are able to do anything about isn’t helping either. I’ve decided that to close the thread is probably the best way to calm down this storm in a teacup.

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?