Visual pinball wiki

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Some may not know but wanted to start a knowledge base for visual pinball. I made a wiki and a couple people have started contributing to it thank you!!! I added a few sources but they are very dated but more of examples really of how it can be done :)

Anyone can edit, create or modify the wiki  depending on what original author chooses. Includes email alerts on revesions too. Let’s try to gather resources and make a super clean knowledge base for vp.

Visual Pinball Knowledge Base

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

rothbauerw
        @rothbauerw
        ModeratorContributorMembervip

I really like this idea.  As time permits, I’d love to start adding to this.  There are so many things learned and forgot, it would be nice to start capturing as much of it as we can in this wiki!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Dark
          @dark
          vipMemberContributor

Yeah I think if enough people contribute it could become a real knowledge-base for new potential authors trying to figure things out.

I added definitions for all the stuff in the Primitive options menu,  I’ve seen a number of people over the years asking for something just like this.  The problem previously is that these tutorials and forum threads tend to get scattered and lost without being properly organised – this wiki concept has things consolidated nicely.

3dcreation

Jodannar
          Participant
            @jodannar

Fantastic idea. Ill have to read through and contribute where possible

Scotty VH
              @scottt
              ModeratorMember

I tried and made some contributions to the wiki (expressing my limited understanding and hopefully encouraging others to come fix and clarify my work!).  Regardless of my Visual Pinball knowledge, I did get confused about the markup language. The wiki **looks** like it was built in mediawiki, but the mediawiki markup language doesn’t work.  When I view the “Text” view of the page (versus the “Visual” view), it appears to be HTML (rather than the MediaWiki markup).

In any case, it took me a long time and I ended up with a kludgy use of line breaks and formatting to get images to be right-aligned.  Also, I couldn’t get internal links to work properly (I tried the mediawiki  [[____]] tag and also varients of HTML.

Is there a reference we should use for marking up and formatting our contributions and edits?

Here’s a sample page:

Convert VP9 tables to Physmod5

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Thanks Scotty! Yeah editing is straight HTML currently

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?