VP 10.7 Beta

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant
      @jfr1

Interesting. What’s that made out of? Most plumb bobs I’ve used are brass and not sure how conductive they’d be. But you could hang it from a length of wire like from a metal clothes hanger or wheel spoke and fabricate the ring out of an adjustable radiator hose clamp. You starting a wip thread??

Peter222
      Participant
        @swietlikowa

As a hook, a modeled wire of appropriate thickness is sufficient, as a ring a large metal washer. When I’m finished and it will work properly – I’ll boast the final effect here :)

Cone found in nearest DIY store:

https://www.castorama.pl/pion-murarski-topex-275-g-id-29777.html

Cost about $2

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

I’ll be watching for an update. I highly recommend that you build your solution as close to a real bob as possible. If you don’t you will have problems adjusting both the height and the centering. There is a screw underneath the bob to fine tune the sensitivity. And the bracket on top is there so you can center it in the x or y direction and you can also bend the metal on top for the same reason – x or y. I should add, even though I had a finished product, it was not a 10 minute job getting it just right, so stealing some of the design is highly recommended. Your bob goes very fast from thin to very thick, so that means, if it just slip a mm, it will all of a sudden become quite a lot more sensitive.

Here is a link for you – once you’ve given up, or to look at while swearing B-) ;-)

https://www.pinballshop.nl/cabinet-parts/hardware-and-fasteners/williams-bally-complete-tilt-mechanism-assembly-a-15361/

Peter222
          Participant
            @swietlikowa

OK, I finally found time to take care of it. This is probably already a topic for another thread, I don’t know if I should continue it here at all? It looks like in the pictures. I had to remove a thick layer of paint from the cone for the signal to conduct properly. It is possible to easily adjust the height with a roman screw (earlier I used a thick wire but I think it was too swinging). Now the matter of configuration. So far everything works but reacts too restrictively. The cone is swinging a little and instead of initial warnings I have TILT right away on the first shake. It’s a matter of configuration now, probably. I read the article by MRJ here and it seems that it is not that simple: http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/BuildGuideV2/BuildGuide.php?sid=tilt. Did you also follow this instruction? How does your configuration look like?

20201223_18461120201223_183932

Thalamus
              @thalamus

I believe all you need to do to fix that tilt is to look in the scripts folder. You find many scripts there named *nudge*vbs – take the NudgePlugIn_mjrAccelAndTilt.vbs, and rename it to nudgeplugin.vbs, that is what the rest of the scripts are looking for, so once you renamed or copied it into the new name, correctly, it will automatically be activated and games with 2-3 warnings will work as you expect them to. I told you that your bob will be a bit hard to adjust, but, from the picture, you’ve seem to have done a better job than what I expected you to.

Peter222
              Participant
                @swietlikowa

I believe all you need to do to fix that tilt is to look in the scripts folder. You find many scripts there named *nudge*vbs – take the NudgePlugIn_mjrAccelAndTilt.vbs, and rename it to nudgeplugin.vbs, that is what the rest of the scripts are looking for, so once you renamed or copied it into the new name, correctly, it will automatically be activated and games with 2-3 warnings will work as you expect them to. I told you that your bob will be a bit hard to adjust, but, from the picture, you’ve seem to have done a better job than what I expected you to.

Yes, I’m just starting to play with the scripts. I think I’ll set it right now. Thanks for your help!

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

I ref. this earlier on vpforums. It might help you to use a 3M ear plug – even larger, if it is too sensitive to you. As I said, the steepness of the blumb itself isn’t to your advantage.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Peter222
                  Participant
                    @swietlikowa

I ref. this earlier on vpforums. It might help you to use a 3M ear plug – even larger, if it is too sensitive to you. As I said, the steepness of the blumb itself isn’t to your advantage.

Great tip, thanks!

toean
                    Participant
                      @toean

Thanks for all the hard work.

Numiah
                      Participant
                        @numiah

I made a 3 axle option.
                        tiltbob

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

BrandonLaw
                        Participant
                          @brandonlaw

Hadn’t used a beta in a while, but damn if it isn’t ZIPPY!  Switched over due to a few tables needing it, and Starship Troopers loads in <5 seconds.  Just wild.  Thanks for keeping up with this and making it great!

The transition was simple and seamless copying over the dir and files, but loading a table, I now see the ‘Preparing table’ loading bar focused over popper.  It’s not a gamechanger, but curious if there’s anyway to curb that pesky little window.  I run a clean machine and that lil’ guy decided to show up.  I run popper FE, no admin on any .exe’s, and run Exclusive Fullscreen.

Pic of the culprit:

"Fuck this game. I love it."

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by BrandonLaw.
                          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by BrandonLaw.
                          darkknight
                          Participant
                            @darkknight

Have a question

I know it’s a Beta, but
                            on most tables the plunger is very sluggish and slow to pull it off, is that normal or something has been adjusted

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

@darkknight : It’s a new option that is kind of turned on by default. The idea is that you will be able to do skill shots with it, and even cancel out.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Thalamus.
                              darkknight
                              Participant
                                @darkknight

I see

OK

Thank you for the fast answer

darkknight
                                Participant
                                  @darkknight

one more question

can you change that too? (normal shot)

and if so, where

Thanks

darkknight
                                  Participant
                                    @darkknight

have a problem.

When loading a table in PinupPopper, the Visual Pinball Toolbar always pops up

Thank you

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

have a problem.
                                      When loading a table in PinupPopper, the Visual Pinball Toolbar always pops up
                                      Thank you

If you are referring to the loading Indicator Like brandonlaw is getting,  That’s normal for now

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Yeah. And I forgot to answer. I guess you’ve find it by now. It is a on/off switch under prefs -> keys, dof – a little bit up and left of the enable7disable db2sserver.

darkknight
                                        Participant
                                          @darkknight

Hello again
                                          I didn’t mean the loading bar but the bar where you can select the script and the backglass POV etc. :mail: :mail:

Matt Bini
                                          Participant
                                            @mattbini

Hi All, Thanks for the new beta. I tried version 10.7  4442 today for first time.  Looks very nice. I noticed a couple of problems that you might want to know about that may need fixing, or it may just be me missing something. When I quit out of the starship troopers table, the VPX editor screen is shown frozen and not responding, I have to ctrl alt del to close it,  if I quit from a new or sample table it shuts vpx down completeley not giving a chance to save any table POV mods in the editor.   Any ideas?

Update I have overwitten the files with the 4439 release and it now closes to editor without a problem.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Matt Bini.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 83 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?