vpinmame and freezys issue

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I am using an LCD dmd and have freezys dll installed.  I have found that there are two roms that I am having issues with.  strikes and spares and babypac don’t like freezys I am guessing because they are not the standard size dmd.  With snspares, it works but there are two images displaying over each other, the 1 and 2 frame screen and the 3 and 4 frame screen are on top of each other and cause a horrible flickering.  If I run the rom with externall dll disabled, it runs fine with 1&2 above 3&4.  its almost like its two dmds one above the other.  The issue is that any rom that I try to run with external dll not enabled, I get a rom error when I launch the table.  If I press f3 it reboots with no error and the dmd shows on my PF.  Is it possible to have some roms using freezys dll and some not?

attached is a video of dmd with overlapping images

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Yes. that is what the ‘use extdmd’ does.. Your problem is that you actually want freezy to run but have custom setting for the table that uses the rom snspares. If you look at the documentation for freezy. You find this

[baywatch]
        pindmd2 enabled = false
        virtualdmd enabled = true
        virtualdmd left = 2500
        virtualdmd top = 800
        virtualdmd width = 1024
        virtualdmd height = 256

Baywatch is a large dmd. The top is the rom, so change that to snspares. In this example he turns off the pin2dmd and uses the virtual one. So, this overrides what you have set globally. I don’t know what you are able to set your LCD to but, this should give you some ideas. This you add to dmddevice.ini. In this example you can already understand that he has under the global settings ‘pindmd2 enable = true’, so when the baywatch table is loaded, that is reverted. You say you are running LCD so you probably have all those “real dmd” disabled, but, you still want to adjut the virtual size different than what you’ve set in the top ?!

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

I find with those 2 games you need to hit F1 and turn off external and used a standard DMD
          I find With strikes and spares it overlaps And with baby pac man the external DMD shows up but It never shows any information

Thalamus
            @thalamus

That might very well be. I don’t have a LCD so this is not anything I can try myself.

outhere
              @outhere

Thalamus – Do they work right on your Real DMD?

For my Pin2dmd with baby pac man is stays Blank and with strikes and spares it overlaps

Thalamus
                @thalamus

I believe we are in the same boat on these ones. I remember strikes and spares being like you describe. Have to re-check baby pac-man.

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

their are more then 2 roms with known issues and it has nothing to do with the size

Baby Pac-man, Granny and the Gators and Motor Show all have video monitors not DMDs.

are you honestly expecting to convert a video source that was meant to be played in a 19 inch monitor

and shrinking it down to a 32 pixel height  matrix LED (its not even a video) with no quality loss?

Strikes and Spare has 2 DMDs,  Freezys is combining the 2 DMDs into one.   you can wait for a fix or just use the default PINMAME window for this game

and in all honesty why are you running this on your 3rd monitor,   I would think that you would want to run them on your Backglass monitor

even if you have to modify your db2s to do so.  I have modified multiple dB2s files to work best for my set up like this one

cp

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Ah. Yes. Now I remember baby pac-man :) Of course for this, the “real dmd” is disabled. This is the entry I have in my dmddevice.ini for Strikes ‘n spares.

[snspares]
                    pindmd3 enabled = false
                    virtualdmd stayontop = true
                    virtualdmd ignorear = true
                    virtualdmd dotsize = 0.8
                    virtualdmd left = 4080
                    virtualdmd top = 740
                    virtualdmd width = 768
                    virtualdmd height = 256
                    resize = stretch

Neat 32a – that’s the new alphanumeric – right ?

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Ahh I never knew strikes and spares was like that.  I thought it was on a dmd screen.  Makes sense now

Tom
                      Participant
                        @armyaviation
                        MemberContributor

So a couple months ago I was able to use this method successfully with tmnt to place the dmd on the backglass.  I tried to do it with babypac as you can see and it didn’t work.  When I launch sns and babypac, I get a vbscript error,  machine”rom name”……terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file.

If I hit F3 it then works but the rom dmd is still in the corner of the PF.

Thalamus, I tried your script exactly and it didn’t work, I tried to modify it and still not working.  Attached is my dmddevice config setting, Like I said TMNT does work

[global]
                        ; how to downscale SEGA 192×64 pixel games to smaller displays: fit, fill or stretch
                        resize = fit
                        ; flips the image horizontally
                        fliphorizontally = false
                        ; flips the image vertically
                        flipvertically = false
                        ; enable or disable frame-by-frame colorization (inactive in VPX bundle)
                        colorize = true

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor
                        [virtualdmd]
                        enabled = true
                        ; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
                        stayontop = false
                        ; hide the resize grip
                        hidegrip = true
                        ; ignore the aspect ratio of the rendered dots when resizing
                        ignorear = true
                        ; use VPM’s registry values when positioning the virtual dmd
                        useregistry = false
                        ; x-axis of the window position
                        left = 3438
                        ; y-axis of the window position
                        top = 220
                        ; width of the dmd in monitor pixels
                        width = 1200
                        ; height of the dmd in monitor pixels
                        height = 320
                        ; scale the dot size (set to 0.8 for same size as pre-1.6.0)
                        dotsize = 1.0

[pindmd1]
                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD1
                        enabled = false
                        [pindmd2]
                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD2
                        enabled = false

[pindmd3]
                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a pinDMD3
                        enabled = false
                        ; COM port, e.g. COM3
                        port =

[pin2dmd]
                        ; if false, doesn’t bother looking for a PIN2DMD
                        enabled = false
                        ; how long to wait in milliseconds after sending a palette
                        delay = 25

[browserstream]
                        ; if enabled, stream to your browser in your LAN
                        enabled = false
                        port = 9090

[vpdbstream]
                        ; if enabled, stream DMD to https://test.vpdb.io/live
                        enabled = false
                        endpoint = https://api-test.vpdb.io/

; if enabled, writes frames to an .avi file
                        enabled = false
                        ; path to folder or .avi file. if folder, gamename.avi is used.
                        path =

[pinup]
                        ; if enabled, send frames to PinUP.
                        enabled = true

[tmnt_104]
                        virtualdmd left = 2455
                        virtualdmd top = 673
                        virtualdmd width = 720
                        virtualdmd height = 62

[babypac]
                        virtualdmd left = 1200
                        virtualdmd top = 200
                        virtualdmd width = 800
                        virtualdmd height = 300

[snspares]
                        virtualdmd stayontop = true
                        virtualdmd ignorear = true
                        virtualdmd left = 4080
                        virtualdmd top = 740
                        virtualdmd width = 768
                        virtualdmd height = 256

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

disregard.. I deleted the snspares in the registry and it is moving now.  I can move it but only with externall dll enabled.  If I deselect it I still get the error and after F3 it is on PF

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

after messing with checkpoint, I was able to move the dmd onto the backglass.  I was actually able to use either external dll dmd or the standard with external deselected.  I wasn’t able to move the standard one around.  I checked a couple vpx tables and when I deselected use external dll it gave me the same vbscript error. would there be a difference between vp9 and vpx that would not allow me to do that with vpx???

I just downloaded vp9 strikesnspares, with the same rom, I deselected externall dll, reloaded the table and the dmd came up fine.  I was even able to move it and it stayed there when I opened it again.  What is the difference with vpx? :wacko:

jbg4208
                            Participant
                              @jbg4208

When you hit F1 while the table is running. Make sure cabinet mode is checked.. I think that will allow the pinmame dmd to move and allow it to stay in position. .. again, I think.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

Cabinet is checked.  I tried it both ways.  It’s a matter of the same rom working for vp9 when external dll is deselected and not in vpx.

jbg4208
                                Participant
                                  @jbg4208

Hmm.. Ill keep thinking then. Is there something in the vpx script of sns that is locking it in place? I have seen that before.  Ill take a look at my version here in a few. Putting a child to bed at the moment. Ill have to ninja crawl out of the bed to keep from waking him up.. lol.

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

Could it be a matter of 32 bit vs 64 bit? When I setup vpinmame I installed the vpinmame32 file and not 64.  When I installed freezys dll I probably installed the 64 bit because that is what my os is.??  :unsure:

32assassin
                                    Participant
                                      @32assassin

Neat 32a – that’s the new alphanumeric – right ?

no thats a modified dB2s with Malenkos colored project,  I wanted the ability to hide the grill and not loose the million dollar markers

the original backglass had the DMD in the backglass like TMNT

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                                      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

Could it be a matter of 32 bit vs 64 bit? When I setup vpinmame I installed the vpinmame32 file and not 64. When I installed freezys dll I probably installed the 64 bit because that is what my os is.?? :unsure:

You did what ? That is just wrong. Keep everything 32bit for now. Only guys that are able to compile their stuff themselves, and understand each component completely should go that route. Sure, you have a 64bit OS, so that means it can address and use all the memory your machine has efficiently. Doesn’t mean you should install 64bit when ever you see that as an option. Tom Spiers had some releases of PinballX install the 64bit version if you didn’t keep attention to the installer. I warned him it was a bad ide. A few releases later he came crawling back to defaulting it to 32bit.

outhere
                                          @outhere

Running Windows 10 64 bit
                                          I am using 32 bit for all
                                          I’m having the same issue or something very similar

VP-9 works fine
                                          If I use alternate settings (Position/size) with (freezy) it will not work with VP-10
                                          I have tried the 4 different Dll files, they all do the same thing
                                          If I remove the alternate settings then it works but then it’s not on the screen where I want it

[RomName]
                                          virtualdmd left = 2455
                                          virtualdmd top = 673
                                          virtualdmd width = 720
                                          virtualdmd height = 62

The log is the same for Either VP, except for the fact that it says which VP is running

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

That is some weird shit @outhere – nice find. I just wonder now. Would that be a vpm or a freezy problem. I don’t see how it can be a VP problem – do you ?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?