vpinmame and freezys issue

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

I have gone in and deleted the registry for the rom and no change.  I have played with settings on the roms but never with anything else.  I didn’t know if maybe it was a registry setting with vpinmame or vpx.

It sounds like with talking to other people that they can decide what roms to use external dll and which to not even with vpx so I am not sure that it is a bug in the programming as much as an issue with mine.

when I play games like totem and other system 1 games the external dll selected gives me scores on my dmd screen that are the same as on the b2s.  , I am able to deselect external dll and  deselect show dmd so that the only scores that come up are on the b2s.  That works fine with no error even in vpx.  If I would do that on a table like afm or 24 say, it gives me that error

does that make sense?

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

No – not really. What is the exact error you get ?

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

I am away from home but it’s the same error you get when you don’t have the rom and you launch a table.   I believe it’s “vbscript error,  machine”rom name”……terminated before initialized, check the rom path or rom file.”

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Hmm. This is a tricky one. Next time you are at the pin. Make sure that exclusive fullscreen is not turned on and see if that changes anything.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

Just getting back to the computer to Post the same idea

VP preference, video Options
              If using Force exclusive fullscreen then you need to turn off ddraw in a registry under the rom name
              Some people have problems with certain games, they also had to turn this off  — at91jit under the rom name
              I have Ddraw off for all my games whether I use force full screen or not
              In the registry under the Default turn Ddraw off
              Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3218587510-2525965426-1050287223-1000\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame

1 user thanked author for this post.
              Tom
              Thalamus
                @thalamus

I agree. But, then again. He says that he is able to run these with ext-dmd, but, not without. That is the odd part. I’ve done the same as you outhere :)

outhere
                  @outhere

I know when I run full screen I don’t have mouse control when you’re in the game I don’t know if that’s normal
                  But it sounds like Tom had mouse control

I checked last night before posting And I was able to run the external DMD with ddraw on….
                  Let’s hope that’s the problem or maybe in registry

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

DING DING DING…We have a winner and his name is Thalamus! Force exclusive fullscreen  Was enabled .  The problem is fixed.  I wish it could have been a more interesting problem but I guess when I switched to 64 bit I selected it on the clean install.  Thanks Thalamaus and Outhere and everyone else for the recommendations.

Now can someone briefly explain what that does and why it happened and are there any disadvantages in disabling it.

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

It’s and advantage to enable it – gives less stutter I’m told. And again, you need to turn ddraw off in registry to run with it enabled.

I don’t run with it enabled on a daily basis. I can switch at any time I like though since I, like othere has turned that off for all roms.

Tom
                      outhere
                        @outhere

freezys
                        I’m assuming you read the whole Topic but just in case you didn’t is this something I’m doing wrong or is there an issue
                        Running Windows 10 64 bit
                        I am using 32 bit for all
                        I’m having the same issue or something very similar
                        VP-9 works fine
                        If I use alternate settings (Position/size) with (freezy) it will not work with VP-10
                        I have tried the 4 different Dll files, they all do the same thing
                        If I remove the alternate settings then it works but then it’s not on the screen where I want it
                        ;Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
                        [tmnt_104]
                        virtualdmd left = 2455
                        virtualdmd top = 673
                        virtualdmd width = 720
                        virtualdmd height = 62
                        The log is the same for Either VP, except for the fact that it says which VP is running

“””””””I found the problem”””””
                        If you have the DPI checked (see image) it will not allow the external DMD to be visible when using relocation settings……………..
                        With it unchecked, it worked fine and to be sure…………………..
                        I tested the VP-9 and when the DPI is checked the DMD is not visible……………..

DPI

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

My issue is 100% fixed. Full screen back on and ddraw off for those tables not using external dll enabled thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?