VPVR Executable and Supporting Files

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    pencilwhipped
    Participant
      @pencilwhipped

I really do appreciate the work, but as a Rift S user with an Nvidia 2080RTX card, I still get the usual Steam VR error message of ‘Wrong Video Card’. I’m using the most recent versions of the VPX Installer, the Sam Beta, The VR launcher, and now these files. Even the Opencomposite workaround doesn’t work.

Funnily enough, the older file versions in the past actually DID pop up a mirrored window that displayed the launcher area, and even registered head-tracked movement from my HMD, but it never once put the image into my headset. Instead, I always got the SteamVR error: Wrong Video card. The new files don’t even make it to a mirrored window. It just closes down all on it’s own after failing to launch.

Hopefully one day I’ll actually be able to run this thing… with over 100 VR titles and mods that play fine on my system, this is the only one I was never once able to get working right.

Spitfire
      Participant
        @spitfire

64 bit version doesnt show B2s backglass on atlantis etc?

32 bit version works fine.

also can we use the 10.7 version?

drinkcristal
        Participant
          @drinkcristal

Hi mate, I had exactly the same issue starting out (and now to be honest). For me, I need to launch VPVR and the launcher within SteamVr. Just add VPVR and the launcher in Steam “add a game” (lower left corner). Then add a non steam game when the option is presented.

Then when in steamvr (via the headset), the game should appear in the library menu and launch ok. For VPVR I have to manually select the game on my desktop once the game launches from VR whereas the launcher is perfect and lets you select a game in the VR environment.

You also have the option for VPVR to launch directly to a game. If you add a command eg for attack from mars “-minimized /exit /play “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\VR ROOM Attack from Mars (Bally 1995) g5k VR 1.2.4.vpx” in the launch options under properties once the game is added.

I hope this helps. I too have opencomposite issues and cannot launch into VR via the desktop. It might be an Nvidia issue as I have a GTX2070

Wrath2000
          Participant
            @wrath2000

Thanks very much. It’s like playing a real pinball game in VR, second only to a real pinball.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Wrath2000.
            Wrath2000
            Participant
              @wrath2000

Hi mate, I had exactly the same issue starting out (and now to be honest). For me, I need to launch VPVR and the launcher within SteamVr. Just add VPVR and the launcher in Steam “add a game” (lower left corner). Then add a non steam game when the option is presented.

Then when in steamvr (via the headset), the game should appear in the library menu and launch ok. For VPVR I have to manually select the game on my desktop once the game launches from VR whereas the launcher is perfect and lets you select a game in the VR environment.

You also have the option for VPVR to launch directly to a game. If you add a command eg for attack from mars “-minimized /exit /play “C:\Visual Pinball\Tables\VR ROOM Attack from Mars (Bally 1995) g5k VR 1.2.4.vpx” in the launch options under properties once the game is added.

I hope this helps. I too have opencomposite issues and cannot launch into VR via the desktop. It might be an Nvidia issue as I have a GTX2070

Use VPXLauncher then just select VR Enable in the VR Settings of VPinball_XGL, all you do it click it from the desktop and that’s it, you can select any game when it’s setup.

leojreimroc
              Participant
                @leojreimroc

Thanks for the update!  Would anyone have any idea why B2S files are not opening with the VPVR64.10.7 2021-03-15 version?  The 10.6 64bit as well.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by leojreimroc.
                Wrath2000
                Participant
                  @wrath2000

Thanks for the update! Would anyone have any idea why B2S files are not opening with the VPVR64.10.7 2021-03-15 version? The 10.6 64bit as well.

Yes we needs to know! :)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Wrath2000.
                  Spitfire
                  Participant
                    @spitfire

So after another morning of continued testing with Adam Abel this is what we have found.
                    So When using my 3 screen VP cabinet to play in VR, VPXVR definitely has a screen capturing issue when having to capture both b2s backglass and Freezys dmd at the same time from different screens.
                    Seems it cant capture from 2 different screens at once its fine when it only needs to capture from 1 screen.
                    So with a normal 3 screen setup b2s backglass is on screen 2 and dmd is on Screen 3.
                    If you place both b2s and freezys dmd on same screen 2 it will work. However you need to resize things for some tables so the backgkass and dmd dont overlap as it will capture both for backglass in VR.
                    The issue with relocating and resizing the backglass and dmd for people that use the one pc and cabinet to play both Normal VPX and VPXVR is that the tables use the same roms and settings so this will stuff up your normal vpx setup when you go to play.

Is there any way to fix VPXVR to be able to capture off 2 screens at the same time?

Spitfire
                    Participant
                      @spitfire

The 64 bit version will not run B2S as the b2s server is a 32 bit program. So just run the 32 bjt vpxvr version as most vpvr related stuff is only 32 bit

Wrath2000
                      Participant
                        @wrath2000

Yes I’ve noticed this, I usually move the DMD to a different part of the screen and save it as you can save it’s position for each game then restart the table and the backglass and DMD both show but not overlap and look as they should in VR, 32 bit anyway, I stopped using the 64bit version due to a few issues.

Spitfire
                        Participant
                          @spitfire

Ok so some great news for all those with 3 screen cabs trying to use b2s back-glasses and freezys colour dmd at the same time.
                          If you are experiencing crashes with backglass on Screen 2 and dmd on screen 3 as per normal vpx as I do this is the fix.
                          Change your b2s setup which should be in your dedicated VR Tables folder to show b2s backglass on screen 1 playfield screen. Leave freezys colour dmd on screen 3. This will now capture both B2s backglass and colour dmd in VR. The great thing is this will not effect your normal VPX screens as they have there on B2S server setup files in their Tables folder. So you can now jump back and forth without any worry. Wooo hoooo

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?