VR ROOM Creature From the Black Lagoon (Bally, 1992)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Cirqus
    Participant
      @cirqus

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=181819

The incredible original table is by Fuzzel, Flupper1, Rothbauerw, RandR, ClarkKent, and Hauntfreaks. Thanks to Fuzzel for the permission to mod!

Thanks also to the VPVR devs and content creators. The table cabinet in this room is from gear323. Thanks to Rawd, senseless, Arvid, and others for support and encouragement!

Some music by “music by longzijun” on Youtube.

Controls:

Left magnasave to toggle room objects on/off

‘S’ key on your keyboard to toggle sound on/off

If you want to run a PUP pack on the main drive-in screen, set ‘DisplayCaptureOnMovieScreen’ to ‘True’ at the top of the table script.

Rawd
      Participant
        @rawd

Excellent job sir.   Thank you very much for this detailed room.

Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Awesome, Cirqus. Can’t wait to play this tonight. Move your car and shoot the snack bar!

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Wow, backlog just got worse and priority in going through backlog just changed! LOL  Thank you Cirqus and to all who assisted

Ben Logan2
            Participant
              @benlogan2

Cirqus,

I knew I was going to love this, but I had no idea about the degree to which I was going to be blown away. You and Rawd are masterful about taking guys “into a story” with your rooms. This is absolutely next level. I really felt “At the DriveInn.” You provided just enough visual interest on the big screen to create a realistic ambiance, without distracting from gameplay. Nailed it! Love the extra audio clips. Period correct, sir! The car models are killer. Idea to load the pin up into the back of a vintage pickup truck is genius. Thanks for doing the heavy lifting! This release makes my weekend. Can’t thank everyone involved enough!

1 user thanked author for this post.
              robwaade
              Participant
                @robwaade

awesome detail

senseless
                Participant
                  @senseless

Great VR experience ;). Love it!

DJRobX
                    @djrobx
                    MemberModerator

Awesome!

Cirqus
                    Participant
                      @cirqus

Thanks guys :)

Ben, I’m gonna print your post out and put it on my fridge :D

There’ll be a v1.1 coming soon, with some nicer cabinet legs from Rawd to avoid clipping into the truck bed, and maybe a couple other things.

The Loafer
                      Participant
                        @theloafer

Finally got a chance to try it tonight. Man what a job on the VR room.  As I stated on facebook, I had some stutter so had to press the magna save button to remove objects and doing so it now is flawless.  Thank you for adding the ability to remove and restore the Drive-in assets at the quick touch of a button. I love being able to have flawless frame rate while playing and then between balls just enjoy the VR room.  Fantastic work!

toonron
                        Participant
                          @toonron

What an incredible setup! This makes me so happy!!

toonron
                          Participant
                            @toonron

This table/room is absolutely fantastic!! Not only did you provide an entire appropriately themed 360 degree set within which to have this take place, but you have the drive-in screen… the switch to turn game sound on and off based on your preferences to remove the need to dig somewhere…. everything works exactly as it should. It really is wonderful!!! You’ve set the bar extremely high for those who follow!

-Ron

toonron
                            Participant
                              @toonron
                              This reply has been marked as private.
                              Cirqus
                              Participant
                                @cirqus

Thanks for the kind words Ron! Very much appreciated.

For cabinets, I’ve been using one of the templates that people have shared – Rawd has an excellent one in the VR room section, and there are more that have only been shared on the Facebook VR pinball group if you’re looking for a specific cabinet type.

You just take the cabinet model from the template and paste it into your table file. With a bit of luck everything lines up, and you can just replace some textures to get the right cabinet art. You might have to move some things around in the editor to get everything looking perfect. Creature was easy, it all fit apart from one texture map which I had to resize.

For the DMD you might have to delete the existing one and add a new flasher that you check the “use system DMD” option (or whatever it’s called, something like that). Moving it to the right place is just trial and error, and is kind of confusing… VP is really just a 2D editor view but does have the third dimension built into the primitives. There’s some good tutorials over on VPForums VR section for that. Older machines with alphanumeric displays are even worse (like, much worse, haha). Might be easiest just using the b2s capture option for those tables.

It’s a learning curve to build a VR room, for sure! I’d recommend going through VPForums, joining the facebook group “VR Pinball – Virtual Reality Pinball Group”, reading a lot, and doing some experimentation. VP wasn’t ever really built with VR rooms in mind, so it’s kind of amazing we can get away with what we’re doing :)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                Slydog43
                                Participant
                                  @slydog43

Incredible VF environment with this one.  Just tried it yesterday for the 1st time and ran into an issue with the ball in the launcher lane.  It gets stuck for me, so no way to play a game.  I’m using the vpinballx_gl.exe from 06/16/2020.  This is not happening to anyone else?

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

It didn’t on the previous EXE’s but I’ll give it a quick test today. When balls gets stuck in a plunger lane, that’s USUALLY either older vbs existing in your tables folder conflicting with the most current one in your scripts folder and/or there is an issue with the nudging board’s calibration.  You can test the calibration issue out by simply disabling the nudging board in VP’s keys preferences screen. if you still have an issue, it’s not that.  if it now works, somehow the calibration was off (could just need a reboot).

but it might be the exe so for sure I’ll give this a test run a little later today Slydog

monza
                                    Participant
                                      @monza

Anyone else getting the clear plastics showing up as grey and you can’t see through them? Any idea what setting to change to fix this?

jas722
                                      Participant
                                        @jas722

The issue with the ball being stuck in the launcher seems to be happening with the latest version of VPVR as well. Did you ever resolve this issue?

Cirqus
                                        Participant
                                          @cirqus

Thanks for the bug reports guys. I’ll do an update in the near future, I’ll check with the guys if I can use their new version of the table that came out in the minimal room and if so I’ll replace what we have with that.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?