VR ROOM Pinbot (Williams 1986)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    leojreimroc
    Participant
      @leojreimroc

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-pinbot-williams-1986/

This is a VR Room conversion of Bord’s Pinbot Table (full credits – as shown on the original table – below).  This table was fully playable in VR, with a working backglass by Rothbauerw already in.  It was however just a floating table and still needed the cabinet and room.  The topper was my first attempt at Blender, and since it’s basically just a cylinder, it was a fun first project.

Special thanks to pgheyd for all the changes to V1.01 and 1.1 (all of which notated in the script and in the changelog) including:  Fixed larger backglass, lighting adjustments and many visual fixes.  The triggers were backwards which he fixed and helped me fix the flipper physics.

Thanks to Sixtoe and Pgheyd (especially for the speaker!) for the VR room assets.

Original table credits:

Bord

Blacksad for letting me package his great B2S and wheel image with this download

djrobx – scripting

rothbauerw – scripting/testing/gameplay tweaking/magic/VR backglass

32assassin – base script

tnjhead – slingshot scans

Ted Bowie – measurements from actual PB

HF – playfield touchup

KrakenByte
      Participant
        @krakenbyte

Excellent! Thanks!

Now, I think Pinbot is waiting for its bride. Have you ‘the machine’ also somewhere in your mind? :yahoo:

The Machine Bride Of Pinbot Williams Game Specific Items Tron Legacy Toys - LowGif

KrakenByte Kraken

leojreimroc
        Participant
          @leojreimroc

Excellent! Thanks!

Now, I think Pinbot is waiting for its bride. Have you ‘the machine’ also somewhere in your mind? :yahoo:

The Machine Bride Of Pinbot Williams Game Specific Items Tron Legacy Toys - LowGif

That was was already done by someone else and available on this side:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vr-room-the-machine-bride-of-pinbot-williams-19912-1-vrr1-1-updated-1-1/

1 user thanked author for this post.
          PaulG
          Participant
            @paulg

A Bride of Pinbot in a minimal room, though, would be great. It might not matter for people with really beefy computers, but that table might be the worst running table of the 100+ VR rooms I have. It’s certainly in the bottom 10% for me. Plus, to me, the minimal rooms just look better. The flat textures for the playfields kind of kills the immersion. I get why it needs to be done for performance reasons, but the minimal room switch was a good evolution IMO. I find it more immersive.

leojreimroc
            Participant
              @leojreimroc

A Bride of Pinbot in a minimal room, though, would be great. It might not matter for people with really beefy computers, but that table might be the worst running table of the 100+ VR rooms I have. It’s certainly in the bottom 10% for me. Plus, to me, the minimal rooms just look better. The flat textures for the playfields kind of kills the immersion. I get why it needs to be done for performance reasons, but the minimal room switch was a good evolution IMO. I find it more immersive.

I can understand that.  I’m thinking of putting Jack-bot next, but I can probably put Bride in a minimal room afterwards.  It shouldn’t be too much work.

2 users thanked author for this post.
              3rdaxis
              Participant
                @3rdaxis
                MemberContributor

Hey guys just downloaded the table, quick question. For some reason I don’t see the score displays? Is it something I have to set in the editor options?

RYSr (Rich)
                Participant
                  @rysr

Hey guys just downloaded the table, quick question. For some reason I don’t see the score displays? Is it something I have to set in the editor options?

I had to change the set VR in the scrit from False to True then the Displays worked!

Rich

Wrath2000
                  Participant
                    @wrath2000

Thanks for the table. is the ball supposed to feel really weighted on this table, it’s like the ball it’s much heavier than normal or the flippers are too weak, it’s really hard to get the ball up the ramps, feels more like a cannon ball than a pinball :p

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Wrath2000. Reason: typo
                    • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Wrath2000.
                    leojreimroc
                    Participant
                      @leojreimroc

Thanks for the tablet. is the ball supposed to feel really weighted on this table, it’s like the ball it’s much heavier than normal or the flippers are too weak, it’s really hard to get the ball up the ramps, feels more like a cannon ball than a pinball :p

Did you download the newest version (V1.1)?  There was a problem with the flipper physics in my first version (I’m not sure why, the original was fine, but I probably did something to break it somewhere along the line).  The newest version should be fixed along with many other visual upgrades (the backglass is the proper size).

I’m planning on 1 final pass of this table because I learned a bunch of new stuff doing Jackbot.  The cabinet is not placed correctly in this one, so I would like to fix that.  In the meantime though, make sure to download this version because like you said, the first version is unplayable.

Wrath2000
                      Participant
                        @wrath2000

Ahhh thank you, I should pay more attention to the version numbers if they’re update.

leojreimroc
                        Participant
                          @leojreimroc

Definitely check back soon for one last update.  The cabinet dimensions are completely redone, the lockbar is now flush with the apron, so it fits a lot better.  I’m still doing small finishing touches but it’s almost done.

-edit- I found some backglass issues still.  The update will probably take a bit longer.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by leojreimroc.
                          • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by leojreimroc.
                          Wrath2000
                          Participant
                            @wrath2000

Thanks for your work, the table is brutal as well haha.

leojreimroc
                            Participant
                              @leojreimroc

Thanks for your work, the table is brutal as well haha.

It’s been updated.  Figured I would reply to this in case you missed it again.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?