WaterWorld (Gottlieb 1995) MOD

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Aurel
    Participant
      @aurel

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/waterworld-gottlieb-1995-mod/

This is a MOD (mostly visual/graphic) of the amazing VisualPinball Table Waterworld !!!
      This table was built for VP9 by mfuegemann and recently converted to VPX by Goldchicco & 32assassin (with also the help from Arrestis for the playfiled/apron and Arngrim for DOF script)
      Thanks to all involved!

I’m pleased to share my very first contribution (with approval of Goldchicco)

For this MOD I just polished it the best I can (the flashers, some lights, some plastics, some materials, and a many small changes and fixes (ramps, playfield…)
      Unfortunately this table lacks good ressources… but even like that the table looks good and plays great, it’s was already really enjoyable and now I hope it will be even more!!

Enjoy!

Total of 61 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

Cool. Thanks to you and the original authors.

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

A table that I have not played much.  Thanks for the update

BuffaloRF
          Participant
            @buffalorf

Sharp update! Thank you to you and the prior authors for their work

Marcio
            Participant
              @marcioclauss

Very cool work this incredible Thank You :good:

Badazzwi
              Participant
                @badazzwi

Thanks a lot for this. I was just wrapping up on the cab and I saw this. Love what you did with the lighting. Good way to end my uneventful 40th bday.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus
                  ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you Aurel and previous contributors. Preview looks great, so thank you very much for spiffing this table up a bit. Have a few tables waiting for me this afternoon, and of course this will be run too. This is one of the tables  where I’m still guilty of not knowing the rules very well. Should use the opportunity to get more acquainted with it this time around.

@badazzwi
                  : By the way, congrats on your 40′.

World of VPX
                  Participant
                    @pincade

Very nice indeed, thanks to all involved :-)

vogliadicane
                    Participant
                      @vogliadicane

thanks for this Mod. looks great from the preview!

marie
                      Participant
                        @marie

Preview looks good. Thnaks!

Will be putting on my wetsuit and on to the cab

Manolo / ICE
                        Participant
                          @kamerik

Thanks for the update.

Friffy1
                          Participant
                            @friffy1

I always get a kick out of this table… as it’s far superior to the movie itself. ;-)

TNT2
                            Participant
                              @tnt2

Excellent. Look forward to trying this.

Matteo
                              Participant
                                @matteo

Thank’s the Update :)

m.

Friffy1
                                Participant
                                  @friffy1

Hope you don’t mind a brutally honest review.  I want to be clear that I 100% appreciate what I’m sure was very hard work!  I absolutely love some of the things you’ve done.  It looks rather fantastic!  But the lighting.  I just can’t handle it.  It’s blinding and distracting.  Especially in some of the lighting sequences.  I sincerely hope you don’t take any offense!  Just one man’s opinion.  But, unfortunately, I’m sticking to the non-modded version of this particular table.  Do keep up the amazing work!!!

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

@friffy1 : Are you one of those guys that play real pinball machines with shades on maybe ? :whistle: :unsure:

JR
                                    Participant
                                      @jfr1

B-)

The flashers were super saturated on my test laptop and washing out the playfield.  But whenever I see something like that I figure it’s on my end.  And sure enough, once I loaded it on my cab they were much better.  But I do like things dark so I still added a darker lut and tweaked the light settings.  Fun table and looks and plays great – another I’d never spent some time with but will now.  So maybe make some tweaks @friffy1 !!

Very impressive 1st effort @aurel !!  Thanks!!

Friffy1
                                      Participant
                                        @friffy1

@friffy1 : Are you one of those guys that play real pinball machines with shades on maybe ? :whistle: :unsure:

Ha!  Nah…  Just that the light sequences in this really tend to make it so I can’t see the table itself anymore.  Washes the whole thing out for me.  I’m all for pretty sparkly flashy things, but in the end I have to be able to enjoy the play, ya know?

B-)

tweaked the light settings. So maybe make some tweaks @friffy1 !!

I have no idea how to do that.  While I’ve been inspired to create a table and watched a couple of ScottyWic’s video tutorials, I have yet to really dive in and see how it all works.  Perhaps I should “just start” creating that table.  I’m sure I’ll learn a LOT along the way.

Aurel
                                        Participant
                                          @aurel

Hope you don’t mind a brutally honest review. I want to be clear that I 100% appreciate what I’m sure was very hard work! I absolutely love some of the things you’ve done. It looks rather fantastic! But the lighting. I just can’t handle it. It’s blinding and distracting. Especially in some of the lighting sequences. I sincerely hope you don’t take any offense! Just one man’s opinion. But, unfortunately, I’m sticking to the non-modded version of this particular table. Do keep up the amazing work!!!

Sorry for the late reply. In fact I had one time a problem like that with this table.

It was the first launch in my pincab. Everything was as expected on my desktop computer and when I launched it in my pincab I got full white bloom for each flashers.

In fact it happens to me only one time (first launch), and when it happened I had many softwares running  and probably most of my resources were already taken. I didn’t changed anything but after closing my others apps I never had this problem again.

So I think it was a vpinballx launching issue (bad launch?) or a lake of ressources (memory?). I didn’t change any setting so I don’t think it could be caused by a bad setting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Aurel.
                                        Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?