Where does VP get the DMD size/placement values?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gromit
    Participant
      @gromit

I am running a 3-screen cab on Win7. I’m using the latest VP 10.2.  My problem is the DMD size and placement. The DMD shows up as a small rectangle in the middle of the DMD screen (LCD screen).

I will use the VPX version of the Addams Family table as an example. I should note that I’m loading the table directly without a frontend.

I would like the DMD to show as 1680 x 420. I have this defined in the screenres.txt file in the tables directory. I also have it defined in the registry under HKCU/Software/Freeware/Visual PinMame/Default. It’s also in the TAF_17 registry entry. I deleted the TAF_17.cfg file in the vPinMame cfg directory.

I checked the script to make sure the Controller is set to 3 for B2S if needed. On some of the other VP9 tables, I’ve also embedded the correct DMD size in the script, and it STILL shows a small DMD.

I will add that until recently, I was able to get the DMD  to show at 1680 x 420. I did run SetDMD to enter the correct values and clicked ‘Update all ROMs’. The description says that this would update all ROMs with the values I entered. I was having the problem immediately before I did this, so I was hoping this would solve it. It didn’t…

When I run the table, it looks like a quarter size of the actual DMD area.

Where are the DMD dimensions stored and read from? Evidently, I don’t have them in the right place.

Any suggestions on how to fix this will be greatly appreciated!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I use a real dmd so not a issue but could you not size one by right clicking on dmd then show border resize it then refrence registry for actual size X, y locations then setdmd for all with that

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Gromit
        Participant
          @gromit

Hi Randr,

I right-clicked on the DMD and chose ‘Show Window Border’. The border actually outlined the whole 1680 x 420 screen! However, the strange thing is, the orange DMD display only occupies about a quarter or so of the screen (centered). So VP is actually recognizing the full size, but is using just a portion of it for the display. I can re-size the DMD, but the actual DMD that is displayed stays proportionally small.

The DMD was working fine a few days ago, showing the full-size display, so something got messed up in my settings. Thanks for the tip, it has me looking at this from a new perspective. I’ll mess around a bit more to see if I can identify the problem.

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

did you try hitting the ddraw checkbox in setdmd?  I don’t remember which way it goes but that can do that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Gromit
            Participant
              @gromit

Hi BorgDog,

Thank You! That did the trick! I appreciate both of you helping me out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?