KISS (Stern 2015/Tribute) WIP

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    chris
    Participant
      @pinpal

I’m using the latest build 20161113b and when I enter a high score I get the message “UDMD has stopped working”, then it crashes. I also get a

visual pinball error  ” line 1 The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ultraDMD.rendering”

LTA
      Participant
        @luvthatapex

EDIT – ok nevermind, I commented out GetDMDColor and all is well again. Strange….. Thanks for the Update!!!!!!

I can’t get version 20161113b.vpx to work at all. Previous version worked fine. I updated the following files:

KISSCore.vbs

KISSRules.vbs

KISSDMDV2.vbs

KISS Rebuild_20161113b.vpx and ran this one. I can still run the last version fine. These are the errors I get with the new version:

1)Unable to open registry key HKCU\Software\UltraDMD\color

2) Line 167 variable cvpm ImpulseP undefined

3) Line 1 Type mismatch HighScore

JustAnotherRat
        Participant
          @justanotherrat

Is it during the match sequence? Can you give me more details – I didnt change much between versions.

Good question… I didn’t think it was at first, but now that I think about it, maybe it is. I’ll do some testing and report back.

chris
          Participant
            @pinpal

For me it’s  right after I enter my initials I get the following errors.

“UDMD has stopped working”, then it crashes. I also get a

visual pinball error  ” line 1 The remote server machine does not exist or is unavailable: ‘ultraDMD.canselrendering’”

JustAnotherRat
            Participant
              @justanotherrat

Ok, so I have tested it a few times now. It happens every game after ball 3. It goes through the ball bonus, then goes back to display my score and at the same time I get the error.

You can probably tell me whether or not that is when the match sequence launches but it most likely is.

I haven’t actually managed to get my name in the high score list while testing but I am guessing that I’d error straight after the same as what Chris suggested.

Daryl
              Participant
                @allknowing2012

Ok, so I have tested it a few times now. It happens every game after ball 3. It goes through the ball bonus, then goes back to display my score and at the same time I get the error. You can probably tell me whether or not that is when the match sequence launches but it most likely is. I haven’t actually managed to get my name in the high score list while testing but I am guessing that I’d error straight after the same as what Chris suggested.

Go back  and download the match* files for the UltraDMD directory. These are new and you might not have them.

I will upload a couple of simple changes shortly ..

[Update] New version uploaded — can never be sure I didnt break anything but I played for 90mins while I was tweaking and it seems to be stable. Grab the table and the .vbs files – no changes in the ultradmd dir. ..  B-)

chris
                Participant
                  @pinpal

Just wanted to give an update on some of the issues I was having. I reinstalled all necessary files and problem fixed.

Awesome table.

Mark70
                  Participant
                    @mark70

@Daryl Thanks for the update and the ongoing efford.

@LTA Thanks for the hint “commented out GetDMDColor” works for me too.

robwaade
                    Participant
                      @robwaade

Theres images on craigslist mpls mn pinball for sale

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

I figured it was time to get UltraDMD installed and play some of these great tables.

Pretty simple right? Well maybe for you not for me.  :wacko:

First I started having this error: BASS music/sound library initialization error 23. Did I do something wrong with UltraDMD? Finally after 15 minutes or so of not figuring it out decided to Google it and saw that I needed to change the sound preferences to primary driver. I had previously been using my other drivers without issue. So got that corrected but then I noticed UltraDMD had disappeared from the playing screen. After about an hour of that was able to determine how to get to that folder because I hadn’t installed UltraDMD to my default C: drive and it couldn’t find that folder. Oi. Me brain hurt.

Long story short though, great table! So many creative authors here.

ozg
                        Participant
                          @netweight

I figured it was time to get UltraDMD installed and play some of these great tables. Pretty simple right? Well maybe for you not for me. :wacko: First I started having this error: BASS music/sound library initialization error 23. Did I do something wrong with UltraDMD? Finally after 15 minutes or so of not figuring it out decided to Google it and saw that I needed to change the sound preferences to primary driver. I had previously been using my other drivers without issue. So got that corrected but then I noticed UltraDMD had disappeared from the playing screen. After about an hour of that was able to determine how to get to that folder because I hadn’t installed UltraDMD to my default C: drive and it couldn’t find that folder. Oi. Me brain hurt. Long story short though, great table! So many creative authors here.

Sorry to hear that you’re having an issue. Were you trying to play AMH or another table? I had troubles with UDMD about a year ago and gave up on fixing the problem (after many tries). But now it’s a snap to install, no more having to register the program. I don’t remember having to install the XDMD betas this time either, it all went very smooth. Do you have everything updated, MAME, scripts, sound samples and SAM (if you play Stern tables)? Did you download the newest UDMD installer? Odd that it’s having some audio issue, on what tables?

TNT2
                          Participant
                            @tnt2

Yep. I got it working.

I tried 4 tables yesterday: KISS, AMH, Champions League, and Minions. Very impressed with all of them. :good:

Viewing 12 posts - 121 through 132 (of 132 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?