Metallica Premium (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

Yes, my flashers intensity is the same as the pic.  Other tables work fine with modulated flashers…such as Scared Stiff.

I noticed the normal Metallica just uses normal flashers, whereas this table I think may try to use modulated?

I’m fine with just using normal flashers to get it to work…. just don’t know how. I’ve been doing a lot of catching up from the last 4 months….

ozg
      Participant
        @netweight

He doesn’t have Twilight Zone, you should ban him from this forum, LOL. The hammer only has a problem if you use mame 2.9, nin fixed the AC/DC table, so as far as I know 2.9 is not needed at this time.

HauntFreaks
          @hauntfreaks
          vipContributorMember

I’m sure I have twilight zone somewhere in my vp10 folder…   B-)
          Capture-1

Attachments:
          randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Such organization! Wow!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
              @hauntfreaks
              vipContributorMember

yeah that just throwing them all in one folder, was never going to work for me… my workshop/basement is a shithole, but I can’t have a willy-nilly file system….lol

ozg
              Participant
                @netweight

Wow, all I have right now is Metallica Premium Monsters and Twilight Zone vpx, plus Pinball FX2 (3x Bethesda) and the Pinball Arcade tables on my PS3. I thought that it was time to slim down.

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

Wow, all I have right now is Metallica Premium Monsters and Twilight Zone vpx, plus Pinball FX2 (3x Bethesda) and the Pinball Arcade tables on my PS3. I thought that it was time to slim down.

LOL… I know there are guys worse then me, but I have
                  vp 10xx a little over 200
                  vp9xx about 500 <— very little shit tables
                  vp9pm5 about 70
                  FP around 1000ish  <—-has been removed from my cab
                  most of the FX2 stuff

Jesperpark
                  Participant
                    @jesperpark

LOL… I know there are guys worse then me, but I have vp 10xx a little over 200 vp9xx about 500 <— very little shit tables vp9pm5 about 70 FP around 1000ish <—-has been removed from my cab most of the FX2 stuff

So that gives you about half of what randr has on his cabinet  :whistle:  

Good to see you back 

HauntFreaks
                      @hauntfreaks
                      vipContributorMember

LOL… I know there are guys worse then me, but I have vp 10xx a little over 200 vp9xx about 500 <— very little shit tables vp9pm5 about 70 FP around 1000ish <—-has been removed from my cab most of the FX2 stuff

So that gives you about half of what randr has on his cabinet :whistle: Good to see you back

shit… I have a 1/4 of what’s in randr’s cab…. but then again I know he’s just a table hoarder, and will put any and all shit tables in there….LOL
                      ask him how many TB’s of mame games he has….  :wacko:

CarnyPriest
                      Participant
                        @carnypriest

Hey! Some people like mah-jongg!

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

i’ve installed 16 tables in 3-4days…. and i’m good to go…. I did learn that vp10.3 beta brakes the lighting on my old tables…. soI put vp10.2.1 final now i’m all good to go… everything works like a charm now…  

Not a fan of Dr Who eh…. :-(

lol

-Mike

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Lmao!!! He must not be! What an ass that hauntfreaks is! Lol!

********************************************************
                            Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

FYI : Carney posted a updated SAM beta that seems to have addressed the magnet problem we’ve experienced on the latest beta. I know some of you guys have been waiting for this to be addressed ;)

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Hammer is working for me. Awesome!

One thing I have noticed…. since updating everything (VPX, PinMAME,DOF Config Tool, etc) that some tables have their flashers (real flashers in my cabinet) only barely light up now. It’s like they are only half bright. The two that stand out are Metallica Premium Monster and TOTAN, whereas the regular Metallica lights up fine (its using modulated flashers as well).   If I go back to an older directoutputconfig  file, then TOTAN works fine.

Any idea what’s going on and how to fix this?

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

While I wouldn’t consider this a fix…  removing the nobool entries (in DOFConfig Tool) for the 5 flashers for Metallica and TOTAN seems to fix the issue (i don’t get modulated flashers though).   I wonder why modulated flashers (nobool entries) work for Scarred Stiff, but not Metallica and TOTAN.  Ironically the nobool entries for addressable leds (flashers MX) work fine and we get modulated lighting working for that.

Thoughts?

energumeno
                                  Participant
                                    @energumeno

thanks

byancey
                                    Participant
                                      @byancey

Absolutely love this table. :yahoo:  I finished my cab last Christmas break and used the original Metallica as this wasn’t available.  The premium version is a fantastic update from the original.  The hammer action is so cool.

I actually have a 4K display and enjoyed this table so much that I thought it would be worth while to spend some time updating some of the playfield images with some 4K enhancements.  My original intention was just to do this for my own cabinet, but I got a bit carried away, and thought perhaps this might be something that some other users here might be interested in.  Not sure what the process might be for sharing this, but I don’t want to violate any forum rules or etiquette.

I made no physics changes to the orignal, but there were some minor lighting changes, and updates to the apron and playfield, as follows:

• Replaced the original metal apron with a custom carbon fiber apron, and updated all of the apron cards and images with high resolution versions.
                                      • Reworked the entire lower part of the playfield image.  I didn’t have access to any good high-res images of the playfield, so I literally cobbled this together with photoshop using close-up shots from various images and videos I found on the web.  There were a lot of perspective adjustments and merging of images involved, so it’s not a perfect 1:1 match to the original, but it’s close enough that the difference isn’t really distinguishable without a side-by-side comparison.
                                      • Reworked a number of the images for  the playfield decals and lights with higher-resolution versions and made minor tweaks to some others.  For example, the gravestone lights now light-up in the shape of a cross rather than a full circle.
                                      • Reworked the coffin.  The original has a slight gap in the glass over the coffin on the right side.  Also, the effect of the frosted glass covering the coffin is actually an effect of the texture on the ramp beneath the playfield.  As a result, when balls are locked and roll into the coffin, it breaks the illusion that the glass is on top.  Made some tweaks so that the balls now appear to be beneath the frosted glass when they roll into the coffin.

I suspect a good number of the cosmetic changes I made probably won’t make a big difference on a 1080p playfield, but it’s a reasonable improvement on my 4K playfield.  I’ve attached a couple of screenshots that compare the original 1080p playfield up-scaled to next to the updated playfield in native 4K.

MetallicaPremium-4Kv1080p

What would be the most appropriate way to share these changes with the community?

Thanks!

HauntFreaks
                                        @hauntfreaks
                                        vipContributorMember

send me a link…  ;)

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

This is nice … demanding a link as well ;)

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

Yeah, give me a link and I’ll add it to the download so folks can choose it.

-Mike

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 201 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?