Metallica Pro (Stern 2013)

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 175 total)
  • Author
    Blashyrk
    Participant
      @blashyrk

Suddenly I get no sound when playing this table, it has worked until now.. I have replaced the rom, table and deleted the nvram file but still no sound :( (also tried the rom from vpuniverse)

freneticamnesic
        @freneticamnesic
        vipModeratorMember

Suddenly I get no sound when playing this table, it has worked until now.. I have replaced the rom, table and deleted the nvram file but still no sound :( (also tried the rom from vpuniverse)

Try this
        on line 54 in the script, press enter to create a new line
        on the new line add this

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 1

Punch it!

Blashyrk
        Participant
          @blashyrk

Yay it worked :) Thanks fren

Ian Pretorius
          Participant
            @shaderbytes

Thanks For the table , I have been waiting for somebody to make this ;)

That been said , your attitude towards your extreme night mode lighting is rather poor :

“If you complain about the lighting I’m telling you right now you can get bent or get a better monitor, whichever shuts you up faster.”

“If you complain about the lighting you will be ignored.”

The very fact the you had to repeat your sentiments twice is prideful to say the least.

I am a cg artist and game developer myself and there is nothing wrong with my monitor – The night mode lighting is way over done – plain and simple. I dont want to feel like im playing the table in the center of a black hole thanks.

I adjusted the lighting myself and changed the environment map , I attached an image of what table looks like before game play starts ( without the GI , compared to the second image in the OP ) if anyone come across this and wants to play in regular dim room lighting I can share these changes with you.

no hard feelings- but since you did say anyone who complains about the lighting will be ignored then I guess you should be feeling nothing at all ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
            ICPjuggla
              @icpjuggla
              MembervipModerator

It really has me miffed why all you people bitch about the lighting!

You do know there is a slider built into VPX to make the table brighter, right?! It’s all about personal taste anyway some people like them dark some people like them bright. Fren likes them dark so it’s just makes sense he would release a table the way he is going to play it!

Stop bitching about it and use the slider option already built into VPX! It’s really that simple move the slider to the right to your taste!

Ian Pretorius
              Participant
                @shaderbytes

well actually I “bitched” about the attitude he expressed about his own preference. Telling people to get bent or buy a new monitor ;)

Anyway I didn’t just “bitch” and ask for it to be changed. I made the changes myself and shared it so now both sides of the light/dark room preferences are represented here. Im aware there is a slider but that is not the only change I made , I changed many intensity settings on many lights , I changed the environment map and also tweaked the ramp material.

As mentioned I am a cg artist , not just an average end user so I think its beneficial to the broader audience to have a choice of two versions don’t you think? You could go do all the changes yourself sure, but if someone else has done it already and you like it then it just a matter of downloading and playing instead.

peace

freneticamnesic
                  @freneticamnesic
                  vipModeratorMember

Like I said, if you complain about it, you can get bent. It’s a stupid thing to complain about since you can adjust it your own damn self. Complaining about it is evidence that you’re fucking lazy. Now you have something new to complain about …

Maybe you don’t understand why I do what I do? And why it’s fucking annoying to hear you and everyone else complain about what I do, after the amount of time I spent? Take a step back and consider that, consider how EASY it is to change the lighting, I’m not here to entertain laziness. I make tables for me, and only me. I share them, why, to hear people bitch about my lighting? My layback? My physics?

If you have different settings, like you play pinball with all the lights in the room on or some nonsense, feel free to share them. Don’t start picking apart my requests, though, they’re 100% valid. It’s not the sharing of different settings that bothers me, because that’s what VP is all about, it’s the people who just say “the table is too dark, I’ll stick with the VP9 version” or similar bullshit that pisses me off and sours me on this whole thing. Got it?

Punch it!

Ian Pretorius
                  Participant
                    @shaderbytes

Sorry you feel so sour about it all , Im new to the forums and like you mentioned virtual pinball and table creations exist within the realms of collaboration and table modding. It just felt a bit hostile in that regard. Thanks for the hard work you put in , I appreciate it and have wanted to play this table since the first time I saw stern released it.

So I am sharing the table now with my modifications so hopefully nobody else will bother you any more with lighting complaints ;) Perhaps I was a bit judgmental in my post , sorry for that. It was intended in the spirit of debate but I ended up reacting instead of responding thoughtfully.

Here is my table mod , its still moody , not like its in a room with a thousand lights or something ;)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5GQag5iS_vzZERaR1dSYktRMGs/view?usp=sharing

Vampirolatino2
                    Participant
                      @vampirolatino2

:) please no fighting, leave that for vpforums lol

Vampirolatino2
                      Participant
                        @vampirolatino2

Thanks Ian for sharing, if you are a cg guy, please keep up the help with sharing the mods :good:

Paulo Carvalho
                        Participant
                          @paulohotline

Ian you sound like a putz I fired last week. Please don’t insult the talent on this site. If you want contribute feel free, but if you feel like providing anything but good vibes for the hard work these guys do then please see attached….

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                          http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                          "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Attachments:
                          Ian Pretorius
                          Participant
                            @shaderbytes

Ian you sound like a putz I fired last week. Please don’t insult the talent on this site. If you want contribute feel free, but if you feel like providing anything but good vibes for the hard work these guys do then please see attached….

Insulting people while you are telling them to not be insulting? Double standards anyone? – You need to practice what you preach.

Did you read my last post? Coming in late after the fire was already put out and saying all you did makes you the hostile entity today .. not me, so ideally you should take the meme you sent me – and send it to yourself ;)

Paulo Carvalho
                            Participant
                              @paulohotline

Well, I know that Fren has been working hard and posting WIP pics for months on Metallica so we knew what was coming. And I know that you purposely posted that feedback to incite a reaction from him, which you got. Not cool. If this was my site that would be an easy perma ban on your IP. Please just take the feedback and learn from it, I would defend you just as vigorously if you were the talent busting your hump. This thread is for feedback on the released Met Pro recreation. If you have anything else to say to me and my “keep your feelings to yourself” meme, just give me a call, my number is below and I don’t hide behind fake names.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                              http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                              "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I think everyone has a right to voice an opinion and Fren is a big boy he can take it :)

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                                  @freneticamnesic
                                  vipModeratorMember

and dish it.

Punch it!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

and dish it.

I know! BOY DO I KNOW! :good: lol

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

Denzel
                                    Participant
                                      @zwylde

Select the UpPost and change these settings to this

I guys, sorry if I’m being a bit dense here, however how do I select the Up post?.

I’ve tried clicking on the arrow and a huge list of components comes up, however I can’t find it listed?.
                                      I also tried clicking on different layers(?) and trying to find it, but no joy.

Also, I just wanted to say thanks again to the table authors for this amazing table; I’m really impressed by it, am really enjoying it, and am really looking forward to playing the VPX version of Walking Dead when it’s finished (I’m enjoying the Physmod one in the mean time).

Cheers! :good:

Pinball Shawn
                                      Participant
                                        @pinballshawn

Right click it and select ‘up post’ from the bottom options.

Jens
                                        Participant
                                          @jens

fantastic table fren :-)

i’ve got a picture for you…
                                          is this a small graphic bug or feature ;-)

Attachments:
                                          wrd1972
                                          Participant
                                            @wrd1972
                                            MembervipContributor

Fren,
                                            Thank you so much for this table and your hard work. The game play and detail is just incredible. :yahoo:

And please all…think before you post as to avoid the drama.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 175 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?