P-ROC Installer Tutorial

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Mark70
    Participant
      @mark70

Thank you.
      I just rcognized that I was stupid enough to tweak the wrong file at my first attempt.
      Now that I used the one in the config folder, it works like a charm. Pixelsize 10 is the best for my DMD screen.
      If anyone is wondering how to get the offset values, I started with the values for the default DMD in the registry and tuned a few times
      the Y offset to get the perfect height.    Now it fits very nice to the DMD panel and it looks and plays great.
      Thanks to all who made this possible.

ttrenkner
      Participant
        @ttrenkner

Hi ninuzzu,

I just got back to working on my CCC installation after being out of town for a few days, and I’m pleased to report that the clean install that you suggested worked perfectly! Thank you once again for taking the time to walk me through my various issues. This hobby is very lucky to have people like you.

Tom Trenkner

ninuzzu
        Participant
          @ninuzzu
          vipMember

Nice one. Glad you sorted it out!

Cheers

miguelcerca
          Participant
            @miguelcerca

hey ninuzzu,

installer works great! CCC is amazing.

I am trying to get Evil Dead working, but can’t for the life of me figure it out. I have found the EvilDead.vpx table, corresponding directb2s and the Evil Dead Game folder from Proc install from various sites and people. it seems that this install of Proc does not include opencv or numpy which seem to be pre-reqs for Evildead. will installing those break this installation? any other advise on getting Evil Dead working? please see attachments, maybe i’m missing some other files

thanks

CarnyPriest
            Participant
              @carnypriest

The author pulled the code and all assets. Not much you can do except respect the author’s wishes on this and move on.

CarnyPriest
              Participant
                @carnypriest

The author pulled the code and all assets. Not much you can do except respect the author’s wishes on this and move on.

Turns out that PincabPassion, the French site, has had the game code, table, B2S, and display and sound assets the whole time… at least since the author was actively cooperating with their forum members and before he took the project private. Everything is up to date (or in any case is the same as what I have, the last publicly available version). The table plays in VPX 10.2. No reason to think that it would not play in 10.3. It is worth adding this table to your setup because it is a huge achievement, but gameplay is not perfect. It may be kind of a grey area fixing things as chepas still comes around VPF from time to time. At the same time, I did not see any posts from him at PP demanding to take everything down.  :unsure:

Tutorial and links here:

http://www.pincabpassion.net/t3575-tuto-installer-proc-et-la-table-evil-dead

Evil Dead requires a different display system than CCC – think WOZ or Batman 66 rather than a DMD. The Python dependencies are still available here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=32197

What I don’t have is a workflow for updating an existing installation that used Ninuzzu’s installer. I did my install based on chepas’s guide so everything works for me, but that was months before @ninuzzu created his installer. I’m afraid that following all of the steps outlined by chepas may damage an existing P-Roc install so backup before testing! Better yet, test on an entirely different PC!

Get the Skeleton table working and Evil Dead will also work. Plus the Skeleton table is a basic but pretty cool table on its own.

My PinballX launcher and media generator:

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/17264-evil-dead-p-roc-pbx-launcher-and-media-generator/

mpt3k
                Participant
                  @spuds

I apologize in advance if this was answered, but I’ve looked on the threads here and other sites and I haven’t figured out the proper answer. I have everything working great. I start the table in CCC mode (PROC=1) and when I hit start, the ball search initiates and never finds the ball. This is happening on two different machines.

I can force a ball into the plunger lane through the table tests and then it will work for one game. But then when I try to start another game, it searches again. Regular Cactus Canyon works like a charm.

Thanks guys. I am obviously missing something.

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

Thats a new one!

ive not seen this happen but running old version of table and old version of proc

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                    for IOS and Android

CarnyPriest
                    Participant
                      @carnypriest

For CCC, use the table and installer at monsterbashpincab. For game code, use the download at this link:

http://www.monsterbashpincab.com/forums/topic/cactus-canyon-vpx/page/9/#post-15103

Don’t use any other sources for the time being.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      horsepin
                      Participant
                        @horseyhorsey

MMmmm. No I didn’t upload it there at all, it was hosted in my dropbox and forgot all about that thread. They are a needy bunch and was the final straw for me at the time after spending the best part of a weekend dicking about doing stuff for them, especially Angrim, then got told I wasted their weekend?? Having a tin bath…

————————————————————————————————
                        Really don’t need to be signing in to another pinball site to get the table and never really been interested in this game to warrant messing about with it now. I’ve played it enough on a real machine and never liked it, just the machine in general, nothing against the mod.

I have a table me & dozer messed about with getting it working but what I’m interested in is the PROC=1 as stated in the “installer”

Does anyone know what that is for? I just want to know if it’s even necessary? I couldn’t see anything in the scripts, been all through VP source and asked guy who edited the vpcom what it was months ago with no answer, where he specified if you are using VP10 to use PROC=1. I love to wild guess, but I’ll say it’s unecessary as I can’t find it in any of those sources and I’ve personally never needed it for any game.

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

I thought it was just to differentiate  proc from normal vp version. @ninuzzu not here much anymore but lets see if he knows

********************************************************
                          Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                          for IOS and Android

********************************************************

horsepin
                          Participant
                            @horseyhorsey

Ah I see, that makes sense, just a rom/proc switch. Its a red herring for me then.

Niz must’ve shipped the table to Micheal asking for help. Micheals gone an added “PROC=1” to the commit thinking this is standard, but only applies to this table in question and nothing to do with VP. Probably why I had no answer there because he wasn’t sure.

horsepin
                            Participant
                              @horseyhorsey

Ok. For the brave out there they can try and update to python 2.7. I’ve moved all my builds to this version which work better and have no R6034. I have tested CCC but the table I got isn’t too great and I think does have issues with coils. It is definately a table build issue. If the other table has had work done in script for this then you should be fine.

Existing setup : I would remove Python26 and/or I would just remove any C:Python26 from your enviroment path. Your comp won’t blow up but probably having Python in your path will conflict in the installer and give funny result.

1: Run this installer (as admin to make sure), just keep going next, whatever, ignore any failures. This installer will work first time if you just want to run games without VP but a couple of extra steps are needed.
                              SkeletonGame27

2: Download ProcSetup.

• Extract the P-ROC folder to C:P-ROC .
                              • Copy the config to your users directory .pyprocgame. (Probably only needed for new users)

3a Run the horseproc.py  file. This script automates where the installer usually falls over.

• Open cmd prompt as admin.
                              • python horseproc.py

3b: Some may get a PIP error from that script. If you do then run this command first

‘python -m ensurepip –no-default-pip’

4: That is P-ROC and PyCom all setup. Get the game files if you haven’t already.

5: One file to update in CCC for 2.7 compatibilty. Games

2 users thanked author for this post.
                              horsepin
                              Participant
                                @horseyhorsey

I didn’t have much time yesterday to really get deep into making it a little easier to setup, but got up early this morning.

Hopefully that is as clear as mud and should work for anyone and I can just leave that here without having to support.

For anyone new to the VP \ p-roc these are important files you should know about:

• C:\P-ROC\Shared\vp_game_map.yaml
                                • C:\P-ROC\Shared\log.txt

If you do have issues, test the CCC game by going into the PROC games folder. Cmd Prompt

• python game.py

Note: I just ran that game command and got a list of “libpng warning”, this can be ignored. StackOverflow

Edit: Just a thought about running in a frontend. CCC shouldn’t need any special launcher (now the R6034 has gone), I remember explicitly setting the window always on top in the code. When running any skeletongame build then you would need a launcher to set the SDL window on top.

Marrok
                                Participant
                                  @coyohtay

Hi,

I went through the install and all the components of P-Roc have loaded.  I did the function check and it said it was working.  I then downloaded the game assets and all downloaded okay.

When I run the table, it says it can’t load PROC.

Any thoughts?

ninuzzu
                                  Participant
                                    @ninuzzu
                                    vipMember

I’ve released an updated installer that fixes this issue. The installations steps are the same (uninstall, step1,step2,step3,installCCC)

Marrok
                                    Participant
                                      @coyohtay

Thanks for the updated installer Ninuzzu, that did the trick.  I ran through the steps as laid out including the 2 screen DMD setup.  Everything is working, except I still have one issue.  When I run the table, the CCC programming is working but the virtual DMD is not showing up on top.  If I ALT-TAB I can see the window there, but it doesn’t bring it to the front.  Thoughts anyone?

firebrand007
                                      Participant
                                        @firebrand007

Hi,
                                        I enjoyed very much the first version of CCC and wanted to try the latest one, but sadly I keep getting errors…
                                        Not long ago I was nearly managing to launch the game – rungame displayed the DMD fine, I had performed uninstall+3 steps with no error message, copied the table & B2S into c:\proc as well as screenres ; but when launching the table I got a Python error message .

To try to fix this I uninstalled via windows Python & PROC environment, then launched the uninstall executable , and reinstalled everything… but now I’m getting an error at step 2 : “installing pypinproc installation failed”

EDIT : I worked out the “installing pypinproc installation failed” , for some reason Python didn’t want to be installed by the installer anymore but as soon as I downloaded and installed it manually the problem got away :)

Thanks a million, it’s one of my favourite tables and it got even better ! :)

ninuzzu
                                        Participant
                                          @ninuzzu
                                          vipMember

I guess the user PATH variable is not correctly set:

go to Start–>right click on My computer, click on properties,  then on Advanced System Settings , the system properties window will show.

From there go to the Advanced Tab and click on environment variables…

Top is the user and bottom is the system environment variables. Go in the system environment variables (bottom list) and search the variable named path.

Double click on it and copy the contents into the clipboard.

Now go to the top list (user variables) double click on the user path variable and paste the content here, overwrite everything.

Once done double click on the user path variable (again top list) and add this

;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\P-ROC\cmake\bin;C:\Python27\Scripts;C:\Python27

When finished rerun step 2.

EDIT: OK glad you sorted it out, this could be handy for other users

GMDrake
                                          Participant
                                            @gmdrake

I follow tutorial prequisites installed but P-ROC install fails at start it sais installing Pypinproc and then sias install failed exiting can you help?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 110 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?