This topic contains 50 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  CarnyPriest 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
     The Loafer 
    Participant

From what I understand on how it works, playfield hologram videos should work just fine but at one big sacrifice: no exclusive fullscreen mode

i guess one possible way around this limitation; if somehow the vpx source could Incorporate PinUp source so that the rendering of the video element is on the same layer?  Of course I could be totally freaking wrong on how this works lol

TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

From what I understand on how it works, playfield hologram videos should work just fine but at one big sacrifice: no exclusive fullscreen mode i guess one possible way around this limitation; if somehow the vpx source could Incorporate PinUp source so that the rendering of the video element is on the same layer? Of course I could be totally freaking wrong on how this works lol

PinUp Player just uses VLC Player to play the videos. So, yes you could add what “looks” like an overlay video on the playfield screen, but yes it won’t work with exclusive fullscreen. So, basically PinUp Player will play videos fine for Desktop users similar to how you see an Overlay Video in FP in desktop view, but you will need to run in Windowed Fullscreen to see them….just like you would have to for UltraDMD videos, or dmdext on the desktop screen.

As for playfield hologram videos (not overlays) in FP, that cannot be recreated by PinUp Player for VPX as those are actual table elements just like a bumper or any other 3D object with a texture / image.

@randr, didn’t you use some kind of hologram / overlay image sequence for Mad Scientist’s startup video? If VPX “can” do that, then why don’t more people use it for videos? I honestly don’t know what VPX can or can’t do with images like that.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I did “Video” in my cftbl mode, Mopar madness and mad scientist builds. But the “video” is just animated stills but effect was ok

TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I did “Video” in my cftbl mode, Mopar madness and mad scientist builds. But the “video” is just animated stills but effect was ok

The “videos” in FP are also just animated stills. I had to import almost 1000 images for MOTU! Then you create playlists and then just play them as you will. They can be either an overlay (can be used for playfield or backglass elements), a HUD overlay (which displays over top of everything…normally for desktop view), or a hologram (used as a playfield element only, with transparency,etc).

What ways can you use animated stills with VP? Obviously only for the playfield screen…. but just as an overlay, or a table element as well?

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I will PM you my CFTBL mod in that VP9 build i just emulated the real mod so the video is triggered by switches, lights and buttons just like real mod i have in my CFTBL

Never released it as many builds ive done never see the light of day but is VERY cool!

Some users who have liked this topic:

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

From what I understand on how it works, playfield hologram videos should work just fine but at one big sacrifice: no exclusive fullscreen mode i guess one possible way around this limitation; if somehow the vpx source could Incorporate PinUp source so that the rendering of the video element is on the same layer? Of course I could be totally freaking wrong on how this works lol

PinUp Player just uses VLC Player to play the videos. So, yes you could add what “looks” like an overlay video on the playfield screen, but yes it won’t work with exclusive fullscreen. So, basically PinUp Player will play videos fine for Desktop users similar to how you see an Overlay Video in FP in desktop view, but you will need to run in Windowed Fullscreen to see them….just like you would have to for UltraDMD videos, or dmdext on the desktop screen. As for playfield hologram videos (not overlays) in FP, that cannot be recreated by PinUp Player for VPX as those are actual table elements just like a bumper or any other 3D object with a texture / image. @randr, didn’t you use some kind of hologram / overlay image sequence for Mad Scientist’s startup video? If VPX “can” do that, then why don’t more people use it for videos? I honestly don’t know what VPX can or can’t do with images like that.

Pinball 2000 FTW!

008resize

Attachments:
     TerryRed 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

PinUp Player just uses VLC Player to play the videos. So, yes you could add what “looks” like an overlay video on the playfield screen, but yes it won’t work with exclusive fullscreen. So, basically PinUp Player will play videos fine for Desktop users similar to how you see an Overlay Video in FP in desktop view, but you will need to run in Windowed Fullscreen to see them….just like you would have to for UltraDMD videos, or dmdext on the desktop screen. As for playfield hologram videos (not overlays) in FP, that cannot be recreated by PinUp Player for VPX as those are actual table elements just like a bumper or any other 3D object with a texture / image. @randr, didn’t you use some kind of hologram / overlay image sequence for Mad Scientist’s startup video? If VPX “can” do that, then why don’t more people use it for videos? I honestly don’t know what VPX can or can’t do with images like that.

Pinball 2000 FTW! 008resize

I totally was thinking about you Carney when  messing with this program.  Since it uses VLC, do you think its possible to have its output flipped so it would work for your setup?

Either way, it wouldn’t matter, as you could use Conver-it, or something similar to do an easy batch conversion of the videos and pics to have them flipped. This would look so cool on your setup!

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Yep, no problem. If the software doesn’t support it then I would just flip the media, but VLC itself has a vflip filter:

https://wiki.videolan.org/VLC_command-line_help/

Developer just needs to add it to UI.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@carnypriest I have extra SWE1 kit i should make that style cab install the SWE1 playfield and run a pc with that emulator on it. wonder if that would all work just need power supplies for playfield maybe need more?

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Switches, lights, bumpers, flippers, control boards, on and on…

CarnyPriest 
    Participant

Nucore was released as a free download earlier this year. Might be easier just to work on getting it into VPM/VPX. I think it’s fair game now.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 VPinBall.com

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account