Some new FSS stuff I have been working on

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    freelunch
    Participant
      @freelunch

I notice tweaking the camera POV has some undesirable alignment issues with FSS tables. I’m wondering if you may know if there’s a couple of tweaks I could do to correct this problem, or if the scope of the problem is too big for a POV adjustments?

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

I notice tweaking the camera POV has some undesirable alignment issues with FSS tables. I’m wondering if you may know if there’s a couple of tweaks I could do to correct this problem, or if the scope of the problem is too big for a POV adjustments?

I think here going to have to what you wanted to adjust,and what the final outcome look you’re after…

arconovum
        Participant
          @nicholaschristopher
          MemberContributor

Hi freelunch,

Well like HF said, what are you trying to do? and posting images always helps describing what you are doing.

freelunch
          Participant
            @freelunch

Hi freelunch, Well like HF said, what are you trying to do? and posting images always helps describing what you are doing.

lol I intended to be more specific, but apparently I forgot to mention what I did before posting. I think I messed with the xyz scale for some reason and that was giving me problems, but I only needed to change the inclination and field of view to get the desired effect of having a higher perspective I wanted. No help needed now. My bad and thanks, the FSS tables I’ve tried so far look amazing.

arconovum
            Participant
              @nicholaschristopher
              MemberContributor

So a little news, the Banzai is coming along and looks fabulous, basically I’m pulling out all the stops on it.

Also did one that I have wanted to mod for a long time, Genesis (Gottlieb 1986) see image below, also modded amazon , changed backglass on Start Trek Pro, also modded Qbert’s quest a really-really nice table by bord(I’m really quite impressed by it!), also modded indy 5K.. (I think that’s it.) wait a minute no that’s not it.. Also will be making an animation sequencer tutorial tomorrow of the table shown below,not by me, I’m just a helping hand!

Genesis-Clipboard-1

Haunted-House-ON1-Clipboard-1

1 user thanked author for this post.
              bord
                @bord
                MembervipContributorModerator

also modded Qbert’s quest a really-really nice table by bord(I’m really quite impressed by it!)

Coming from you that is a huge compliment! Thank you. Looking forward to all the great stuff you have in store.

arconovum
                Participant
                  @nicholaschristopher
                  MemberContributor

also modded Qbert’s quest a really-really nice table by bord(I’m really quite impressed by it!)

Coming from you that is a huge compliment! Thank you. Looking forward to all the great stuff you have in store.

The inverted flippers are such a mind bender.. :wacko:

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Heh – that is true. Almost as bad as Scotty Wic’s Stranger Things Original. That table I have to play like true beginner once the ball is in the lower playfield :)

freelunch
                    Participant
                      @freelunch

Speaking of brain-hurting flippers, I double flip like a super scrub during Drunk Multiball on Cactus Canyon Continued, at least until I have a chance to cradle a ball.

isuck@pinball&life
                      Participant
                        @isuckpinballandlife

Thank you for all of these, they are fantastic!

arconovum
                        Participant
                          @nicholaschristopher
                          MemberContributor

I have added a pre-release of my “FSS Modding Kit” to help in the process of modding FS/DT tables to FSS if anyone desires to do so, it is still missing the 7 drum EM reel script .

The link is posted in both my FSS Mods and FSS tutorials project pages, it includes everything mentioned in my current 10 of 11 tutorials, and should be used in conjunction with those tutorials.

freelunch
                          Participant
                            @freelunch

I got my new stand today! Eventually I’ll either get an X-Arcade Tankstick and fashion a KL25Z board for pinscape nudging, or I’ll be less lazy and build a controller box for pinscape. I can probably commission the latter option since I have few practical skills with my hands that aren’t pressing keys and buttons. For now, I need to go through this catalog of mods. Thanks again.

I will check out the tutorials for making these mods, but I don’t know if I’ll get around to making anything myself. I have some limited programming experience (mostly just learning fundamentals and messing around with game programming as a hobby). Programming is something I feel natural with, and I feel I can easily learn and improve. Visual design, on the other hand, feels like a different beast. I could probably get all the pieces in place to mod a table for FSS, but it may just look ugly. Then again, doing that may be enough work out of the way for a more experienced person here to swoop in to give advice or tweak things themselves. However, there are a lot of projects I want to start or work on, but my commitment to working on one thing historically doesn’t last.

I’m not sure why I said this much, but it would feel like a waste to just delete what I typed.

arconovum
                            Participant
                              @nicholaschristopher
                              MemberContributor

@freelunch,enjoying a little bit of Randr’s Monster Bash I see..

Your FSS setup looks very much like mine will once I finish it, only difference will be the tank stick vs my DIY.. too busy with  Banzai Run.nice that you will be able to rotate the screen, if you don’t mind my asking how big asus display are you using, 24″ plus somewhere around that?

hint: When you take photos you should lower the POV of the camera, or tilt up the display to somewhere either on or below the center of the display, right now you are way above the centers horizon. But you still get the 3D depth though right? can’t really tell in the photo, but it’s not flat/squished right?.

On the subject of making FSS mods, I have some experience in the matter, It’s a bit of a learning curve, but nothing to walk away from. If you don’t make mistakes you can’t possibly learn if you’re making one in the first place. You first choice I guess should be one that uses knowledge you already have vs that which you have yet to acquire.

See the advantage or saying a lot is someone will surely come along and reply a lot!

Kudos on the stand.. :good:

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Looks good. And nice table choice too!

********************************************************
                                Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                for IOS and Android

freelunch
                                Participant
                                  @freelunch

@arconovum the monitor is 23″. My stand accommodates 27″ though. I’m still working on the POV in-game if you were referring to that. I’m aiming for a slightly taller perspective angle. But if you were talking about my actual photography, I don’t take a lot of pictures, but I’ll try to remember that haha.

arconovum
                                  Participant
                                    @nicholaschristopher
                                    MemberContributor

@arconovum the monitor is 23″. My stand accommodates 27″ though. I’m still working on the POV in-game if you were referring to that. I’m aiming for a slightly taller perspective angle. But if you were talking about my actual photography, I don’t take a lot of pictures, but I’ll try to remember that haha.

Yep the photo.. B-)

arconovum
                                    Participant
                                      @nicholaschristopher
                                      MemberContributor

A VPX port of MFuegmann’s VP9 Strikes n’ Spares (Premier 1995)  in FSS format

bord
                                        @bord
                                        MembervipContributorModerator

A VPX port of MFuegmann’s VP9 Strikes n’ Spares (Premier 1995) in FSS format

Love it.

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

Very nice choice!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                          for IOS and Android

arconovum
                                          Participant
                                            @nicholaschristopher
                                            MemberContributor

Modded Tom Tower/Ninuzzus’ Class of 1812 (Gottlieb 1991) to FSS, already had good enough backglass images of this in my collection so just had to do the work.

All the backglass lights are solenoid driven unlike the B2s(which should be updated).

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?