Vector (Bally 1982)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/vector-bally-1982/

WED21 send me his sound mod and it was so good, i asked him for permission to upload it in an update. Thank god he said yes and here it is! I can’t play without it anymore. WED21 has remastered the sounds in his studio and it kicks some butt on my BOSE mini in my table top cab. All credits for this update go to WED21! Thanks man!

When i asked Sindbad for permission to use his Vector resources he told me that he was already working on a version of this table. Both versions were in their final stage so i thought that this was it and this baby will stay on my cab. But he didn’t hesitate and almost completely gave up his own table to team up with me. Thanks man! You don’t find guys like him very often! He was also a motivation at the end when i lost my patience. I was ready to release the table as is but he had a couple of good ideas and he made them possible with his Photoshop and scripting knowledge! So this also Sindbad’s table.

OK,turn down the lights in your mancave and we hope you enjoy this one!

Credits:

v1.1

WED21:

– Killer sound files and script

v1.0

Sindbad:

– Redraws, graphics, images. Especially the PF redraw is awesome!

– Scripting

– Photoshoping whenever i needed it!

– Thanks for giving up your own table just to finish this one!

Schreibi34:

– Ramps and other primitives all over the table

– Renderings all over the table

– Lighting

– Gameplay

– Layout changes

– Insert lights

randr:

– Kicker primitives including the two way kicker on the UPF

Arngrim:

– Thanks for checking the DOF stuff!

TheLoafer:

– Thanks for checking the gameplay. He owned the real table. I guess he’s still playing. If he finds something that makes gameplay more realistic, we will add this in an update!

jpsalas:

– JP’s fading lamps and flashers script

– JP’s ballrolling sound script

ninuzzu:

– Ballshadow

Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

Looks beautiful. Great story about Sinbad. Awesome collaboration.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Nice to see this finally finished. Thanks for sharing :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

The Loafer
          Participant
            @theloafer

Hi guys,

I gave it several plays, it def gets my seal of approval.  The vector I owned was in decent shape but this is like playing a brand new pin. Great job on the lights and the overall aesthetics but the win here is in the playability.  Now it’s only been about 10 games of testing but no bugs so far found and everything seems to be working ok.  I love hitting the loop and this may be where so far I’m seeing a slight difference with the real pin as I think my time through the loop was much quicker.  I’ve taken pics of the playfield of my pin so my loop time should be indicated (or googling it may provide some comparisons of expected times).  In saying that, remember I’m 54 so my memory is probably not the best LOL.

Awesome job Sindbad and Schreibi34, fantastic collaboration hope to see more from the “dynamic duo” team! I’ll play some more when I get back this evening and will provide more comments later.  Thanks for this gift to the community, Vector is an underappreciated gem of a pin.  Enjoy all!

rothbauerw
              @rothbauerw
              ModeratorContributorMembervip

Great addition to the cab!  Very well done. Table looks and plays great!  Never played the real one, but the physics feel great!

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Hi guys, I gave it several plays, it def gets my seal of approval. The vector I owned was in decent shape but this is like playing a brand new pin. Great job on the lights and the overall aesthetics but the win here is in the playability. Now it’s only been about 10 games of testing but no bugs so far found and everything seems to be working ok. I love hitting the loop and this may be where so far I’m seeing a slight difference with the real pin as I think my time through the loop was much quicker. I’ve taken pics of the playfield of my pin so my loop time should be indicated (or googling it may provide some comparisons of expected times). In saying that, remember I’m 54 so my memory is probably not the best LOL. Awesome job Sindbad and Schreibi34, fantastic collaboration hope to see more from the “dynamic duo” team! I’ll play some more when I get back this evening and will provide more comments later. Thanks for this gift to the community, Vector is an underappreciated gem of a pin. Enjoy all!

Great to hear that it plays well! Thanks!

I watched a lot of gameplay videos and the “Highest Flip Speed To Date” was mostly between 750 and 780 on those tables. My highest Flip Speed was 795 on the VP table and i only came close to this once. The 795 come off a perfect voley shot with perfect entry into the ramp. This was like 1 on, 2 out in the bottom of the nineth, Fastball right down the pipe and i took a monster hack for a Home Run over the left field wall, upper deck! Thats how it felt! With regular clean shots i end up with a score of about 750. In the dip switch menu you can set the “Lite Special And Extra Ball” to a Flip Speed over 800. I think that one shot should have cracked that mark. This shot should have been somewhere around  805.

I can control the Flip Speed score via the friction of the upper metal rail (Wall86). Right now it’s set to 0,28 so there is some room for adjusting.

Let me know what you found and i’ll bring an update for this.

Mark70
                Participant
                  @mark70

Thank you very much Sindbad and Schreibi, and who else contributed!
                  The table looks great and the playability is really awesome!!

Btw: I like this satisfying sound when the ball hits the playfield glass on the upper left ramp, nice detail.

vogliadicane
                  Participant
                    @vogliadicane

Great work and story behind this Schreibi and Sindbad.

It plays totally realistic. And looks great. Thanks a lot!

robertms
                    Participant
                      @mophead

Sindbad you rock! You’re a VPX pioneer, had your Vector in my cab since the early days.

Schreibi34, you’re not too bad either ;-)

Thank you both!

Al
                      Participant
                        @alandee

Ripper table, great fun, plays beautifully, and certainly brings back some happy memories for me.

Thanks for sharing.

TerryRed
                          @terryred
                          MemberContributorModerator

I never heard of this table before, and didn’t think I’d be interested in it…

WOW!  Another great showpiece for VPX.

Looks stunning in 4K. The lighting is beautifully done, and the images look great!

Thanks to all involved… what a surprise this table was.

senseless
                          Participant
                            @senseless

What a beauty. I enabled the voice activation at startup to really spark my memory playing this one in real life. It plays great and you guys really did a great job :).

mikemr2
                            Participant
                              @mikemr2

Beautiful example!  One question though: how do you change the number of balls from 3 to 5?

Schreibi34
                              Participant
                                @schreibi34

F6 for the DIP switch menu while table is running.

Mark70
                                Participant
                                  @mark70

While downloading, thanks for the update!

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Nice! I didn’t notice the update until @mark70 mentioned it. Thank you for the update

********************************************************
                                    Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                                    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                                    for IOS and Android

********************************************************

rothbauerw
                                      @rothbauerw
                                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Yep, gave this table a few more games with the update.  I know I said it before, but I’ll say it again.  Very well done on all aspects of table development.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

Weeksy
                                      Participant
                                        @weeksy

Hello , Fantastic table , newbie question here, how do you reset the fast flip to zero in rom ??

Thalamus
                                          @thalamus
                                          ContributorMemberModerator

fast flip to zero in rom ? Fast flip is to the best of my knowledge derived from Fozzy’ work where the flippers don’t need to pass through pinmame. Since it is released via 10.5 beta, you need those scripts and you also need to change the value ‘useSolenoid=2’ to 1 to revert to the “slow” flippers we are unfortunately – at least for now, are stuck with.

Schreibi34
                                          Participant
                                            @schreibi34

I think he ment the “Fastest Flip To Date” on the PF display.

Go to your nvram folder and delete the Vector nvram. It has the same name as your rom.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 47 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?