Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    HauntFreaks
      @hauntfreaks
      vipContributorMember

after watch the videos I noticed, this machine is the same another dude I know has….
      my machine uses lead screws…. so its not as fast

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Lead screws or linear actuators a much better machine then mine. I have shit belts but I will say works good

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Test fitted vacuum form ball trail. Really had to pull the thing to lineup but I am sure that’s normal with a new one. Seems to line up good compared to photos I’ve seen so will keep going.

for IOS and Android

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Here is my g code simulation. Will upload this for anyone wanting to make one this took me 3 times cutting to get it perfect so I have 2 play fields very close extra :)

CDFAB99B-854A-4A4C-94E3-4587CD628727

for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
            randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Tonight after plowing 7” of snow for a second night! I made the switch mounting plate it’s originally plexi so made it the same and was very easy to cut with the cnc. The plexi in photo still has protective film on it so it looks jaggy but is clean

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
              Participant
                @borgdog
                MemberContributorvip

that’s just cheating!  (jealous here ;)

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

I’ve had to create all these .svg files and that takes more time then if I just cut the stuff by hand! But I can see the benefits of doing it this way because I can cut another in 5 min. So for doing more then one this is great

for IOS and Android

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

This is reference photo I am using from aldiode

for IOS and Android

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

Made the brackets tonight that attach ball bar to 1/4” rods on each side. Very basic stuff maybe a bit overkill but slides great! Used 1/2” tube with 1/4” flande bearings pressed into the tube, made the actual bracket out of 16 gauge steel and bent that up on brake, drilled and tapped a hole to hold rubber belt then tack welded it all together.

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Real quick also made tonight the 10 switch brackets that screw to the plexiglass I cut last night here are pics these i was not to worried about making perfect.

edit… well shit! I bent the brackets ass backwards lol! Will try straightening them and re bending the other way otherwise will need to remake them.  :negative:

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

Ok I made probably the hardest parts tonight and can make them even better but this will work just fine as is.

I used Old white delrin butcher block material and milled it out creating the part for the swivel joints on each side of telescoping rod. Used 1/8” pop rivot with backer washer to attach to rods, then attached each rod to my brackets with a regular rivot and a push nut to hold it in place. Also mounted roll pins at end of each telescoping rod. This runs up and down so smooth I’m very happy! Also made mounting blocks out of the same delrin butcher block material to mount the 1/4” rods to playfield

here is a video I made right after assembly

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7acnpmbj9ljgwi/Video%20Apr%2005%2C%209%2002%2024%20PM.mov?dl=0

edit: I installed side rails and they act as a guide for brackets kinda so this is looking great… added that picture

for IOS and Android

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Well I know everyone is just waiting for the next update  :whistle:

only made two brackets tonight need to give the wife some attention tonight so here is a bottom bracket no idea what it’s for but I think it supports control panel or acts as a crumb catcher? And the other bracket is ball saver angled to hole in playfield for lost ball. I ordered switches but I think they are to strong! Anyone know how to read the switch part number to get force needed to actuate the switch? See picture of ones I bought I did drill out rivot on switch and moved actuator is better but still takes to much force and ball will get stuck on it in ball trail

does the last picture count as spending time with the wife? She is assembling the switches.

for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

And here are the switches mounted to plexi. I thought I made all the brackets backwards for them but only made 4 backwards it turns out 6 are right handed and 4 are lefties! So depending on what picture I was looking at I thought they were wrong but not so bad.

for IOS and Android

freneticamnesic
                                @freneticamnesic
                                vipModeratorMember

Exciting stuff. I want to see some programming!!!

Punch it!

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Yeah that may be the killer part. I think once I get everything fabricated I will wire it all up per the manual and then do raspberry pi last

for IOS and Android

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

Finally finished the two side bracket rails! These have a lot of stuff going on for a simple rail but I guess just cuts, holes and pulley standoff I welded at the top. These brackets will have limit switches, pulleys and motors attached to them. Going to prime and paint them now.

also picked up some pulley thing at ax-man for 2 bucks and it has 4 pulleys the right size will see if they will work

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

And one more bracket made much easier then ones in last post this is the bracket for lost ball switch and start ball switch (I think) will prime and paint this one black like real one

for IOS and Android

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

While I’m waiting for primer to dry I installed the ball save bracket and “crumb catcher thing” crumb catcher a bit off center but I don’t think it matters? If it does I’ll move it. This is starting to look like something now

for IOS and Android

robertms
                                        Participant
                                          @mophead

Fascinating. You got mad skills brah.

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I think I’m going mad that’s more like it

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?