Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Finally! The last 2 brackets are made. One is the solenoid bracket for lost ball solenoid and the other is some complex ball start gate bracket. I used 3/16” rod and threaded ends with 12-24 die then welded all three to bracket a little different from reference photos but will work the same.  I ordered some spaz-stix chrome finish for the ball gate bracket we will see how that looks as that is supposed to be chrome and I think I can get it close enough.

I also picked up some memory wire from craft store to make these little wires on ball rod not even sure what they do but I made them

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

I ordered Marco repop motors and they showed up today(Sunday) crazy so made the pulleys quick and tested movement. Here is video

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Getting there on the mechanical  :good: how’s the code/control side coming along?

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Ive not even tried anything software wise yet been very busy fabricating the parts. I think I will wire it all up next then start on the pi after that

The spaz stix paint on ball gate is not bad! It’s not chrome but is reflective. May get better if I buff it a bit but for paint it’s best I’ve seen

for IOS and Android

bjschneider93
            Participant
              @bjschneider93

Looks incredible. I’ve been following this build closely. Looks like a fun project and possibly a reason for me to buy a cnc

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

To be honest I could have drilled holes easy by hand in play field so the cnc is not needed but was excuse to get one finally 

for IOS and Android

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Anyone have suggestion for best PCB design software?

So far im just trying to make the simple display PCB and all it has for components is 8 MAN6760 displays. very simple PCB but just cant find software to create the thing

for IOS and Android

arconovum
                  Participant
                    @nicholaschristopher
                    MemberContributor

Eagle.. but they seem to have been bought by autodesk(they suck, man I hate that company!)

how to use it:
                    https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/using-eagle-schematic

where to get it! free with limitations, 80 cm2
                    https://www.autodesk.com/products/eagle/free-download

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

well im going to up a couple pics someone willing to tell me why this looks so bad?

for IOS and Android

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Got 600 feet of wire only 6 colors but will be good enough. I also got in headers but still waiting for molec connectors

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

arconovum
                        Participant
                          @nicholaschristopher
                          MemberContributor

1: You are trying to draw a PCB in schematic view.
                          2: to draw a schematic, space out your 7Seg modules so you can wire them properly, you have 10 connection points/7seg module, so make a lot of room.

arconovum
                          Participant
                            @nicholaschristopher
                            MemberContributor

Hey we have the same soldering station , I have the YiHUA 853D 2Amp. lolz.

Impressive craftsmanship.. very impressed is I!

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Well finally got my suckit! So installed that.

i also got my molex connectors so for starters I wired up the limit switches, they all wire into one 9 pin molex

hey it’s a start  :good:

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Only managed to get all playfield switches done. Limit switches all went to 9 pin molex and all the playfield switches and ground to frame got wired up to a 12 pin molex.  Funny but this is just starting the wiring! Still need to wire up motors, solenoid and all the bulbs. Playfield will be removable so everything is getting molex connectors about 12” from playfield. Then wiring from that to speaker, coin door, plumbob and raspberry pi. 100’ of wire gone already

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                                  @hauntfreaks
                                  vipContributorMember

I ordered Marco repop motors and they showed up today(Sunday) crazy so made the pulleys quick and tested movement. Here is video

but the big question is, is it handmade??…. hehehehe  :heart:

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

but the big question is, is it handmade??…. hehehehe :heart:

Glad you asked, yes….yes it is  :yes:

for IOS and Android

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

Well picture time again with more progress.

playfield is fully wired! I picked up some odd light sockets at axe-man for 10 cents a piece and while they are not correct they work very good! Ordered lost ball solenoid from Marco so will hook that up when it arrives but that will be last part for playfield needed.

next will be to create the wiring harness from the 4 playfield bulkheads to cab/board wiring.

so far I’ve used 175’ of wire, 66 spade connectors, qty 2 female 12 and 9 molex connectors and qty 2 male 12 and 9 molex connectors to dummy proof hooking up the playfield.

ok well picture time

for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                                      Participant
                                        @borgdog
                                        MemberContributorvip

Good job, but my OCD is screaming about ABCD not being in order, glad to know you don’t have that issue.  :wacko:

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

This better?

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

Short one molex for power connection 18 pin but main harness is finished. Will do control panel wiring next.

i will admit that this was a bit of a task to say the least! If it actually works I will be surprised :)

so far 525 feet of wire and I’m down to 75 feet of 2 colors for control panel but will have to work I guess

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?