Would you do it Scratch Build Ice Cold Beer Taito?

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 356 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

That’s so the grandkids can stick all kinds of stuff in the coin slots :)

Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

Looks awesome, man you are just knocking this out in record time.  Could be done before the CNC arrives

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Cnc I will use for playfield only. And many other cool things will be made with it I’m sure:)

i hope cnc ships next week but have not got any info on its progress yet other then a couple emails saying it’s being built and will be ready soon

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Made some progress tonight on ICB cabinet. Very difficult to build the glass channel, light box and control panel supports off photos but I think I got it. Luckily I have the glass so that helped and Home Depot had the light fixture and bulb so that was a plus. Pictures tomorrow  :good:

for IOS and Android

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Ok.

sanded finished what should hold play field and control panel all much more complex then it looks trust me. Just the way glass is held in was challenging to figure out but thankfully @aldiode sent plenty of pictures for reference

well here are some pictures of the cabinet finished.

for IOS and Android

ALDiode
              Participant
                @aldiode

That’s it. It looks just like mine (only 35 years newer…)

TerryRed
                  @terryred
                  MemberContributorModerator

Looking awesome!

I wonder why still use a fluorescent tube?  I know it’s more like the original…  but why not use some modern leds? Cheaper (most likely) and use less power…

Also…any consideration to customizing the art work or playfield to make it your own? Like “Mopar Mixers”  ;)

randr
                  Keymaster
                    @randr
                    ModeratorMember

I was going to go with led but I stuck with the correct fixture for authenticity. the point for me  is to make this game as close to original as possible.

I like the custom theme idea and perhaps that will be the 2nd build ;) but I wanted a ice cold beer  :good:

with the raspberry pi you could program whatever music or sounds you wanted too but the the next challenge is creating the play field assembly again will be exactly same as original ICB. I hope I’ll be using my cnc to make playfield but if it don’t show up this week I’ll just do it by hand! My excuse for the cnc was to make more then one easily and well I just always wanted a cnc :good:

for IOS and Android

ALDiode
                    Participant
                      @aldiode

Remember. The width of the playfield needs to be just short of the inside width of the cabinet. The posterboard that I used to trace the playfield was not wide enough so the top and bottom of the tracing is not to scale (the center part is to scale). The printed width at the top and bottom is what you will want. We wouldn’t want another coin door/speaker panel issue :)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Thank you for pointing that out!

********************************************************
                        for IOS and Android

robertms
                        Participant
                          @mophead

Hey randr, I need to finish my basement. You available?

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

Hey randr, I need to finish my basement. You available?

Think you can keep up to him?? :whistle:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

I love home remodels I usually always have one going on :)

it had occurred to me I never test fit the glass!!!! Now I did purchase a repop glass so I measured it but never tried fitting the thing so figured I would test fit and hot wire the light :)

the glass fits perfectly with about 1/16th slop left to right and about 1/8” slop on top so the locking bar on top (3/4”) is more then enough so I may make it 1/2” not sure what it’s supposed to be but looks 3/4 in photos.

anyways here is a picture with glass and light

for IOS and Android

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I added up cost so far:

repop glass $250

repop plastic ball trail $80.00

T-molding black leather $18.00

control panel overlay $35.00

latches for control panel $7.95

arcade bottom feet levers $9.95

repop side art $137.50

power supply I assume will work $40.00

Repop credit display plastic $38.00

plywood 2 sheets 4×8 $88.00

cabinet lock $3.99

T-8 bulb $6.00

18” strip light fixture $15.00

Total so far $729.39

still need many things like Williams defender joysticks, start button, coin door, light sockets, micro switches, wiring, metal to make top of control panel and brackets…more I’m sure

keep in mind I’m making it like a real one so if you skipped repoped glass and side art -$387.50 so would bring cost down to around $350.00 so not to bad

for IOS and Android

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Well I’ll keep updating this… sorry

i sealed the sides with conditioner then applied some walnut stain tomorrow will apply the first of a few coats of clear but for now here is photo of stain with no clear. I think it will look close to real sides but I just could not find vinyl and honestly it’s cheaper to stain and clear it! The back, front and inside of sides will be painted a nice satin black after I’m done with clear coats.

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                  Participant
                                    @jesperpark

Keep it up, honestly this thread is inspiring me for my next build :mail:

randr
                                    Keymaster
                                      @randr
                                      ModeratorMember

You going to build one? Or what you thinking of building?

for IOS and Android

Jesperpark
                                      Participant
                                        @jesperpark

I’m going strictly the virtual route, I have so many spare parts, buttons encoder etc.  Was thinking Ice cold beer, ice cold kong zekes peak, but then I was looking at the width and started thinking with a few more buttons, I could have a vertical cabinet.  Then maybe I should add Arconovum’s  FSS tables?  I think they will look good on a 32″ portrait rotated TV, well when i turn my head sideways they seem good  :wacko:

Working on a few design ideas not sure if i want to keep the ICB type shape or something else.

I’ll post a build thread once i get going

randr
                                        Keymaster
                                          @randr
                                          ModeratorMember

The ICB cab would be perfect for a FSS build! Monitor would be at correct angle even. Wonder where the FSS guy has been anyways!?

for IOS and Android

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

I got the arcade cabinet feet, control panel latches and side art today! I think the mail lady hates me  :wacko:

did first coat of clear right after work and I hope to get it sanded yet tonight so I can do the 2nd coat yet today then sand tomorrow and apply 3rd coat…. we will see.

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 356 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?