4K Graphics Card options?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

So I hate to make duplicate posts, but I could not see anything talked about GPU’s in the last few years.

So what is the recommended GPU to run 4K?  I have a 1050ti running a 1080p TV and have no issues with stutter etc, but the talk of 4K graphics and lag reduction has me considering the jump.  So is it 1060 or better, the 1070ti or all the way to 1080?  After it will be a debate of a 4k TV or monitor, I have a 43″ TV in the cab now, but smaller would allow a little more room

Appreciate the Input  :good:

stvpin
      Participant
        @stvpin

I’ve put 1070tis in two separate 4k builds now.  They run everything fine, vsync to 60 no compromises in quality or disabling of eye candy required.

Teahaus
        Participant
          @teahaus

I ran  a 1060 with my 4K mini-cab……..worked ok but had a few tables that had micro-stutter.  Sold it and went with a 1070…….much improved performance.  I would think that this GPU is the minimum.  I have heard that 1660 works well but don’t have direct experience.

Capp
          Participant
            @capp

Is a 1070 better than the 1660?

Schreibi34
            Participant
              @schreibi34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN3MUYniOmg

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34
                knightrider
                Participant
                  @knightrdrx

1070ti and you won’t have any regrets. Sales are coming too if you can wait

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

or you could go RTX 2060 for between 1070 and 1070ti performance plus cool new stuff

my 1070 does great at 4k in my cab, until I tried to run the backglass at 4k as well since it is one.  that didn’t work so good, but I didn’t play around to try and optomize just went to 1080p there.  still waiting for a 120hz 40″-43″ monitor to swap in for the playfield as my bg can do 1080p at 120hz then all would be good  :good:

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

The 1660 is a great deal.  I got one not long ago for just over $200 and it benchmarks right at the same level as a 1070.  I don’t have a 4k monitor, but I can crank all my game settings and upscale, etc…

Jesperpark
                      Participant
                        @jesperpark

Thanks for the advise all, I wanted to have some ideas to keep my eyes open for a sale.  I’m leaning towards the 2060 or even 2070 as I want to have the future option of VR and Virtual Pinball

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

FYI if you come across a 980 it does a great job too.  I mean I think there is one table that I’ve had to set reflections “off” and that’s it.  Your CPU can also make a difference here depending on how the table was built

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?