Arena (Gottlieb 1987)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Goldchicco
    Participant
      @goldchicco

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/arena-gottlieb-1987/

This is my version of the table, based on vp9 release by Mfuegemann.

Thanks @movieguru for upscaling the images and provide the wheel for your front end (included in the zip)

Table built in VPX by: Goldchicco

vp9 release by: Mfuegemann

Hope you enjoy it and please leave constructive feedback or comments in the support topic and will try to make it better.

All Logos, Copyrights and Trademarks are property of their respective owners.

PROVIDED STRICTLY FOR PERSONAL / HOME USE AND NOT FOR COMMERCIAL SALE / RE-SALE OR DISTRIBUTION!

Permission to Mod: Yes with approval

Total of 44 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Goldchicco
      Participant
        @goldchicco

Website maybe experiencing some issues at the moment, when i try to upload an image nothing happen, so i am going to post the screenshot here:

Goldchicco
        Participant
          @goldchicco

And for Desktop users:

JR
          Participant
            @jfr1

Yeah, I’m unable to upload images as well.  I let randr know but figured it might just be on my end.  Hopefully fixed soon, looking forward to checking this out.  Thanks!!

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Goldchicco
            Participant
              @goldchicco

just in case (already happened on other site) someone point me to the WIP from other Author(s), please read the first seven words of the table description:

This is my version of the table

I don’t look on others WIP and if you are skeptical please compare the two tables and you will realize that are totally different.

It’s also good to have more than one choice….

3 users thanked author for this post.
              JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

What a fun Gottlieb!  Love this table’s design.  Wish I had some skill – – hope someone helps out getting the upper level sounds working on your builds.  Wow, you have been bringing some very cool tables to life for us.  Thanks @goldchicco !!   oh – appreciate all the included luts!!

JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Interesting – IPDB says the skill shot lane on this table used 10 LED lights.  Really?  1987?  That had to be very cutting edge for it’s time.   I love learning this kind of stuff.  Thanks again @goldchicco !

dieman
                  Participant
                    @dieman

I downloaded table and backglass, when I start the table it disappears from screen after about 5 seconds.  ?

Goldchicco
                    Participant
                      @goldchicco

@dieman

problem is definitely on your end, over 450 downloads so far from both websites since yesterday, no one problem reported.

Meke sure you are not running visual pinball 10.7 but latest 10.6.1

Also make sure the rom is correctly working; also try deleting nvram and cfg files and try again.

Good luck.

Here some YouTube videos posted by other user with the table working correctly:

dieman
                      Participant
                        @dieman

Running 10.6.1

i deleted nvram and cfg file

made no difference.

Weird that this is the only table that does this.

after watching videos, it sure looks like a fun table to play.  ☹️

dieman
                        Participant
                          @dieman

Hi goldchicco, problem solved.

when my wife got home from work, I showed her how the table disappears on startup.  Well, guess what? The table played. I have no clue what happened, but thanks for your help.  ?

Goldchicco
                          Participant
                            @goldchicco

@dieman

Maybe your wife got special powers.. :good:

Glad table is working now

bha19
                            Participant
                              @bha19

I found a bug in this great table. If you launch the ball just far enough so that it reaches the top of the ramp but not the big round circle (I guess the Arena) the ball gets stuck at the top of the ramp and can’t be nudged free. The is important since one is trying to reach the inner lane in the circle so the ball has to be plunged just right.

Goldchicco
                              Participant
                                @goldchicco

@bha19

I did not understand a word of what you said or you are trying to do.

Ball must go in the PIT, that’s the name of the upper playfield portion, if this is what you try to mention.

I wish you were as good to fix those “bugs” the same way you are good to “find” them.

bha19
                                Participant
                                  @bha19

I wish I was too, but you are correct the pit is what I am referring to. Maybe it is a ramp issue.

7x4x1z
                                  Participant
                                    @cookieraid

Maybe I’m a tad biased, but I really like the 80’s tables with the edgy look.

Thanks for the cool table!

Rajo Joey
                                    Participant
                                      @joey2001

@bha19

I did not understand a word of what you said or you are trying to do.

Ball must go in the PIT, that’s the name of the upper playfield portion, if this is what you try to mention.

I wish you were as good to fix those “bugs” the same way you are good to “find” them.

bha19 is right. I’ve got the same bug. Shoot the ball with the plunger not very hard. So the ball reach the end of the ramp and stuck there. Can’t play further. Nudge doesn’t help. Have to quit the table.

vogliadicane
                                      Participant
                                        @vogliadicane

What a nice table. Great layout here and solid work. Thanks a lot! :good:

Goldchicco
                                        Participant
                                          @goldchicco

@Rajo Joey

Unfortunately I can’t fix a problem that I don’t have on my end.

Total downloads on both sites is over 1K so I’m going with the flow.

Also why use the plunger low when the goal is to reach the Million on top of the Pit?

markrock76
                                          Participant
                                            @markrock76

I found a bug in this great table. If you launch the ball just far enough so that it reaches the top of the ramp but not the big round circle (I guess the Arena) the ball gets stuck at the top of the ramp and can’t be nudged free. The is important since one is trying to reach the inner lane in the circle so the ball has to be plunged just right.

You can change Ramp1 Top Height to 78 and that will allow the ball to roll back down the plunger lane from a soft plunge

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?