Avengers (Pro), The (Stern 2012)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    dexje
    Participant
      @dexje

no fast flips in the script?

dont forget to add InitVpmFFlipsSAM :whistle:

DJRobX
        @djrobx
        MemberModerator

Thanks for rebuilding this, 32A!

There are a couple of bugs with the tesserac spinning.

1) I think the LampCol2 array is in the wrong order.    Only one of the two posts works.   Fix: The col2 array is kind of redundant in the first place, I’ve replaced it with new code that just selects the column 180 degrees away from the other with one single array.

2) The bracket isn’t spinning because it’s set as static

It’s easier to just share the table with the fixes – this also has Randr’s POV values in it and fast flips enabled.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jbBSJf0_aEREAa3Tx4-VvbjMkM7Jl_Wr/view?usp=sharing

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Pinbolt
        Participant
          @pinbolt

OK, thank you DJRobX.

But I have a new problem, now. The ball is stuck under the Tesserrac. No chanche to get the ball free.

AVG

2 users thanked author for this post.
          DJRobX
            @djrobx
            MemberModerator

Ah I see it – fixed.    Table updated (Same link).

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Thank you @32assassin and @djrobx !! I had only time to start the table once yesterday. But, I already noticed that I liked this version. Will be given much playtime this coming week ! :good:

Pinbolt
              Participant
                @pinbolt

Thank you for the fast fix DJRobX.

32assassin
                Participant
                  @32assassin

Ah I see it – fixed. Table updated (Same link).

I will upload a fix in a few hours

one question,  I’m assuming the Tesseract hit points are the hidden walls,  should the CubePosts and CubeB  primitives be set to toys?

and I found another bug   Gate2 (layer 1 upper right corner)  is currently on surface wall116,  it needs to be changed to surface = none

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

chucky87
                  Participant
                    @chucky87

hello

he misses the top of the captain america shield bumpers

affie42
                    Participant
                      @affie42

Thanks for this great table!

However, i have a problem in running it:
                      I am using ROM “avs_170h.zip” that i downloaded from this site and a reasonable up-to-date VPX build level (10.6 Beta 3644) When i start the game there are no balls and the table informs me that its “locating the balls” but cant find any. I already deleted the generated NVRAM file and tried again to no avail. Unfortunately, I dont have another ROM that would work.

Do you have any idea what could cause this problem? What can I do?

Thanks a lot!!!

A.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      affie42
                      Participant
                        @affie42

Unfortunately, i am still not able to run this table.

Could anybody please point out to me where i could find the proper ROM for this table. (I dont need the new fancy color version… anything stable will do)

Thanks a lot!

A.

rgarriott
                        Participant
                          @rgarriott

Could anybody please point out to me where i could find the proper ROM for this table. (I dont need the new fancy color version… anything stable will do)

Thanks a lot!

A.

I will look at which one I use after work so it will be about 6:30 est.

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/ – bottom of the page when you select all dates, all games. Save, rename to avs_170.bin – zip it down to avs_170.zip. Sounds about right.

32assassin
                            Participant
                              @32assassin

Thanks a lot!

A.

the proper rom is ANY!!!  of the Pro model roms

you can run any version from 1.1  to 1.7.  You just need to change it in the table script

Your first step is to run the PINAME setup.exe and test load your rom

if your rom runs on the setup.exe and your table script is set up to run that rom version

And you still can’t get the table to load then you have a problem with your VP installation or settings.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                              https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

LELO12
                              Participant
                                @lelo12

Const cGameName=”avs_170″ ‘Default Rom
                                ‘Const cGameName=”avs_170c” ‘Color Rom

affie42
                                Participant
                                  @affie42

Guys,

thanks a lot for your help!!!

i downloaded the the ROM from the URL, zipped it and will try again tonite.

I have successfully installed around 300 tables in my cabinet and this has been the only one that has bitched around until now. In PINMAME setup i couldnt start the avengers ROM that i had so far (“invalid”) so i will give it a try with this new and – hopefully – correct one…!

thanks again!

A.

affie42
                                  Participant
                                    @affie42

Sorry, I am still having the same problem!

Here are the facts:
                                    – i installed the new ROM as AVS_170h.zip im ROMS directory
                                    – i deleted the AVS_170h.nv file in the NVRAM directory, to have a clean start
                                    – when running VPINMAME SETUP i am able to start stop the ROM successfully (in Setup, the AVS_170h is listed as “Avengers, Limited Edition V1.7”), the DMD shows ROM execution progress
                                    – specified the correct game name in the table’s script
                                    – when starting the table, i am able to throw in coins and start the game
                                    – The game starts, DOF is initialized successfully, all sorts of my solenoids are triggered, the beacon starts…
                                    – Then the DMD shows “Locating pinballs. Please wait…” and after a few seconds the hunt-for-ball cycle starts when the table activates all kind of solenoids in an attempt to free a stuck ball – just like the real thing!
                                    – however, no ball can be found and just as if no ball was installed in a real table, the process searches endlessly…

Does anyone have an idea as what could be the reason for this odd behaviour?

As i said, this is the only table of all the (>300) tables i have that causes trouble so i would consider my overall PinballX/MAME setup to be correct…

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards, A.

gtxjoe
                                    Participant
                                      @gtxjoe

As a32 mentioned, this is Avenger Pro table. Do not use the Avengers Limited Edition rom

You want AVS_170.zip, not avs_170h.zip

affie42
                                      Participant
                                        @affie42

The ones who can read do have an evolutionary advantage over others…

Sorry, i must have gotten totally confused with all those files and copying around (my cabinet is not attached to the network so everything must be transfered via usb sticks) …

anyway, it works like a charm now with the correct AVS_170 ROM and i can finally play with a real ball ;-)

so thanks again for your patience and help and sorry again for having wasted your time with this.

and: A great table and … a great community!!!

Thanks again to all of you!

A.

Vizzini
                                        Participant
                                          @vizzini

For those still having issues with the rom (170) on this table after trying the aforementioned suggestions, I’m fairly certain the issue is with the compression used to zip the rom.

I was using an older version of 7zip from 10/2016 and I would get the error on table launch if I zipped the rom using the default normal level (add to archive, compression level). Messing around, I compressed it at “store” level and it launch successfully.

I just updated 7zip to current 6/2019 and the table launches fine when zipped at the normal level…so maybe something was fixed in newer 7zip versions. This is the only rom I have ever had this issue surface. Hope that helps.

Firebat138
                                          Participant
                                            @firebat138

Hi all, ok I am trying to get this version working VP9 works great.  im getting the InitVpmFastFlipssSam Error.  I have looked and was wondering how do I fix this.  Maybe I need a new version of SAM?  I was positive I had the latest and greatest.  Any suggestions would be GREAT.  Thank you to all that have contributed your time and effort.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 71 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?