Batman the Dark Knight PuPPack (3 Screens,BG,Topper)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    trochjochel
    Participant
      @trochjochel

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/batman-the-dark-knight-puppack-3-screensbgtopper/

UPDATE:so I reworked the PupPack for Batman 

– corrected the custom position of the screens
      – dmd in Bg and Topper work now only with one screen (previously 2 each)
      – invalid files that could cause errors are removed
      -background Pictures converted to mp4
      – Removed invalid folders from Playlist.Pup
      – built in multiple trigger skip same priority so it plays smoothly
      – Not visible backgrounds in the underlay frame filled black
      I also tried a few things with the audio files but undone them again
      unfortunately this could not prevent the crashes in exclusiv Fullscreen mode (I think this table needs a lot of computing power + PupPack that is too much in this mode)
      So I recommend playing this game in Windows Fullscreen. It smoothly played my cab (i5, 12gb ram, gtx 1070, 4k)
      who wants to play exclusive fullscreen. In the PupPackeditor you should either set screen 1 DMD text to off or set screen 0 topper to off (then there is no stuttering) and maybe no crash is system dependent

Here comes Batman the Dark Knight PupPack

with about 100 videos and Original Movie Soundtracks.

Thanks to TerryRed for his help with the PupPackeditor and his Description, to Sven Breuer for testing, and BambiPlattfuss for testing and his TopperVideo.

System: Visual Pinball X (version 10.5+)

Features:

-about 100 different Videos

-animated frame with changing colours

-optional PuP-Tracks music (that replaces the mono low quality SAM music). Featuring (high quality stereo) Original Movie Soundtracks from the first 3 movies.

-overlay still frame

-different music tracks for every mode in the game.

-works with all cabinet configurations (DMD can be positioned in the bottom text area if required)

-over 100 PuPCapture DMD images being monitored

Important! If you have ANY of the above PuP screens “rotated” in the PuP default settings (you shouldn’t though), then those same screens will also be rotated in this PuP-Pack!

=====================================================

REQUIREMENTS: IMPORTANT!

Visual Pinball X 10.5 All in One or higher installed (this is to include newest B2S Server):

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/categories/vpx-exes/

PinMAME 3.2 beta or higher installed:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3651-sambuild32-beta-thread/

PINUP SYSTEM (1.3.7 or higher):

PinUP System 1.3.6 FULLY installed and PinUP Player setup. (The Pinup Popper front-end is not required for PuP-Packs, for those who use another front-end)

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

If you are upgrading from 1.3.5 or lower, you MUST first update to 1.3.6 and install the new dmddevicePUP.dll that comes with the 1.3.6 update, into your VPinMAME folder!

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

Then you need to update FROM 1.3.6 TO to 1.3.7 (until a newer update comes out). If these updates are not properly installed, then this PuP-Pack will not work correctly! (make sure there are no blocked files)

http://www.nailbuster.com/pinupdates/PinUPSystem_update_1_3_7.zip

DMDEXT:

DMDExt 1.71 (32 bit/x86 files only!) or higher installed in your VPinMAME folder and configured to enable PUPCapture!

This PuP-Pack relies on monitoring the freezy dmdext DMD for specific images to trigger videos and music (PuPCapture). This needs both the freezy 1.71+ “dmddevice.dll” file, and the Pinup Player “dmddevicePUP.dll” file in your VPinMAME folder.

Ensure PuPCapture is enabled in the dmddevice.ini file (in your VPinMAME folder):

[pinup]

enabled=true

Note: If you are using a real DMD, then ensure that the freezy virtual DMD is disabled in the dmddevice.ini file:

; a DMD that renders with nice dots on a computer monitor

[virtualdmd]

enabled = false

PINMAME:

In the PinMAME settings for Batman the Dark Knight bdk_294 (press F1 during gameplay):

– you must have “Use External DMD (DLL)” enabled. This will enable the freezy dmdext dmddevice.dll to be used, which is needed for PuPCapture.

– have “Ignore Rom CRC Errors” enabled. (to allow the use of a custom rom)

DMDs can now be ANY colour (or DMD colour mod) you want! This is a NEW feature with Freezy 1.71 files installed! There is no longer a requirement to have your DMD a specific colour for PuP-Packs in VPX!

Your DMD must be in English for all PuPCapture video triggers to work correctly!

PinUPPlayerB2SDriver and B2S SERVER SETTINGS:

Be sure that your PuPB2s Driver and B2S server settings are setup and working correctly so you don’t get any errors.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

NO DIRECTB2S BACKGLASS RUNNING:

You MUST NOT have a directb2s running at all, or it will obscure the PuP Backglass!!!

Simply make sure you have a copy of your favorite Batman the Dark Knight table (intended only for use with this PuP-Pack), and make sure it is named VERY differently to your directb2s file, so when you launch that copy of your table it won’t launch the directb2s!

FRONT-END MEDIA DISABLED FOR Batman the Dark Knight TABLE:

Make sure you have no media displayed on your Backglass and Topper when launching the table from a front-end.

Pinball X: In Games Manager, make sure you have “Hide Topper” and “Hide Backglass” enabled for the table you are using.

Popper: In Games Manager, for the table you are using, enter -1 In the “Keep Displays ON” field (to not use Popper media on ALL Displays when launching the table)

================================================

INSTALLATION:

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos” “bdk_294” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack “bdk_294” folder from the archive into your PUPVideos folder.

OST Movie Music To enable the PuP-Tracks music:

if you don´t want to use the OST Music

-edit the bdk_294 PuP-Pack with the PuP-Pack Editor, and change Screen 4 (Music) to “Off”. Then Save.And use your bdk_294 rom in VpinMame Roms folder that you already have

-you MUST use my custom “Muted Music Rom” version of the bdk_294.zip Rom file. Copy the bdk_294.zip to your VPinMAME Roms folder (backup your original bdk_294.zip file). This is required because SAM tables cannot have their music turned down or reduced by either VPX or the table’s Service Menu. I made this custom version of the rom with all the game’s music muted so it will allow only the PuP-Pack to play music for the game.

-run the PinUpPlayerConfigDisplays.bat in the “PinupSystem” folder, and make sure your Music screen “Default State” is set to “Hide Always” (Sound Only)

================================================

PROBLEMS:

If you have video stuttering or artifacts with PuP-Packs with VPX…  you most likely don’t have VSYNC properly setup in VPX. Set “FPS Limiter/VSYNC” to 1, and “Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames” to 1 in VPX Video Options. This can also be set per-table in the Table’s “User Customization” options, so check that as well.

Having certain programs running in the background can also cause issues as they may interfere with VLC or prevent Overlays from displaying. Try closing out other programs / processes to see if that helps resolve any issues.

If the OST music “during gameplay” isn’t working correctly then you probably didn’t update correctly.

To make it CLEAR. You MUST be updated “properly” to Pinup System 1.3.7 for this Pack to work “correctly”! Some videos may not be triggering, and the OST Music PuP-Tracks will NOT work correctly without that update! Full instructions for updating and the links are in the Description under REQUIREMENTS.

If your system is still stuttering, you can set the Topper2 (Screen8) to off in the PupPackeditor.

Or if you want to use the topper, set the screen1 (DMD-Text) to off. and then Screen 10 (Game Help) on Force Back.

This relieves the system and stuttering should stop.

For other issues with getting a PuP-Pack to work, refer to the wiki:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=puppack_troubleshoot

The Loafer
      Participant
        @theloafer

Wow Ridiculous overtime yesterday won’t stop me from checking this out momentarily!  Thanks

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

This upload is now live. was a large file so had to FTP the upload.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

classicradios
          Participant
            @classicradios

This is great!  Thank you!!

And the tip on having VSYNC properly setup was very helpful….I was wondering why my video was stuttering on This Pup Pack and Robocop but video is perfect now. :good:

Johngreve
            Participant
              @johngreve

This is really GREAT. Love the music…so crisp and pure sounding!
              The videos play buttery smooth for me without having to change anything on my system.
              Thanks for creating and sharing this!

One problem that I am having is that as I play the table I notice playfield videos pop up during events and the video that plays seems to match the the lower center video that plays on the BG. usually says “ball lost”,”Scarecrow Skill Shot”,”Cannon” etc. Because it pops up on the Playfield it completely blocks your view of the table during play. I’m sure there is something that needs to be turned off yet but haven’t been able to find it.
              My PinUp Player Displays are set as follows:
              Default Topper.- Off
              DMD – Off
              backglass- show Popup
              Playfield -Off
              Music -Hide always sound only
              Menu -Hide always sound only
              Game select- Show popup (hide paused)
              Other 1-Show popup (hide paused)
              Other 2-Off
              Game info -Off
              Game Help-Off
              I thought for sure it would of been the playfield display but turning that display off did not kill the videos from being played on the playfield.
              Does anyone have an idea of what’s going on here?
              Thanks

trochjochel
              Participant
                @trochjochel

hi Johngreve your default setupfor the screens  is not correct so it looks like you don´t use a topper than your setup have to look like this

Default Topper.- Off
                DMD – show always on      (if you use a real DMD) show popup (hide paused)

backglass- show always on
                Playfield -show always on
                Music -Hide always sound only
                Menu -Show popup (hide paused)
                Game select- Show popup (hide paused)
                Other 1-Show popup (hide paused)
                Other 2-Off
                Game info -Show popup (hide paused)
                Game Help-Show popup (hide paused)

With this setup, everything should run properly. If you should use a topper at some point.
                Topper show (Always on)
                Other2 show PopUp (hide Paused)

all PuPPacks will continue to run in the future. because who makes a PupPack can give such a screen its own position and use another task for example i can use the select screen as backglass screen and you don´t have something to do.

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

with this PuPPack.  Other2 (screen8) is defaulted to ForcePoP.  so even if your default is off, (no topper) it will still pop other2 videos.

so if you’re not using a topper…I think you will need to turn off Other2 (screen8) in the pack using puppackeditor always.

trochjochel
                  Participant
                    @trochjochel

Right

Turn off screen 0 Topper and turn off screen 8 other2 that will stop your issues

trochjochel
                    Participant
                      @trochjochel

Right

Turn off screen 0 Topper and turn off screen 8 other2  in PupPackeditor that will stop your issues

Johngreve
                      Participant
                        @johngreve

Thanks for the help guys!
                        Turning off screen 8 other 2 took care of my issue. I knew it was a setting that needed to be turned off,just couldn’t find the right one….awesome pup pack! Thanks again for the pack.

stampedem
                        Participant
                          @stampedem

So the issue I’m having is that now when I launch the table, it is coming up with the batman (Data East 1991) B2S.  I’ve removed the B2S for this table, but it is misidentifying it with the other Batman table’s B2S.  I removed all the data (table name *) in the game manager’s media search field, but it is still making teh association with the 1991 table’s B2S.  So what can be done?  I want both tables on my cab, but the PupPack for Dark Knight requires that no B2S (or similar named B2S) be present.  How do we deal with that.  I don’t have this problem with Terminator 2 or 3 PupPacks.

NailBuster
                            @nailbuster
                            ModeratorMember

So the issue I’m having is that now when I launch the table, it is coming up with the batman (Data East 1991) B2S. I’ve removed the B2S for this table, but it is misidentifying it with the other Batman table’s B2S. I removed all the data (table name *) in the game manager’s media search field, but it is still making teh association with the 1991 table’s B2S. So what can be done? I want both tables on my cab, but the PupPack for Dark Knight requires that no B2S (or similar named B2S) be present. How do we deal with that. I don’t have this problem with Terminator 2 or 3 PupPacks.

b2s is to blame…. it will try and match the first 6 characters on any directb2s file if no exact match found.  so change the first part of file to like PUPBatman…

The Loafer
                            Participant
                              @theloafer

The b2s issue is a pain, hope someday the 6 character matching b2s thing can be extended to make life easier for us with OCD on naming conventions lol

Beautiful job, I got it working no problems however the PUP usually crashes out within about 10 min of a game started.  I double checked all the settings and everything seems to be updated, though it’s always possible I missed something along the way so will double check if overtime isn’t horrid tonight.  I am using your modified rom.  Every game usually ends up with backglass showing the desktop while my game continues. I think at one time it happened when I got an extra ball, another time I actually heard a weird audio glitch then the pup disappeared, like it was about to play one of the videos or audio files.

Hmmm, you know I’m not sure if I ended up doing the unblock on the zipped pup pack before I uncompressed it.  That may be the issue, I’ll check on that, but figured I’d let you know in case others have had such an issue.  I know DLL’s and EXE’s usually need to be unblocked but do files from a pup pack need to be done as well?

FYI, also played the transformers, Stranger Things and Robocop pups yesterday, no issues.

While it worked, I can say the polish is pretty high on this one, many thanks!

trochjochel
                              Participant
                                @trochjochel

bambi plattfuss had also issues with crashing eyerytime after the third ball. His system was overklocked that was the issue maybe that can help you.

trochjochel
                                Participant
                                  @trochjochel

In the rom i only muted the sam sound that could not be the issue

The Loafer
                                  Participant
                                    @theloafer

I never overclock my system (i7 @ 4ghz and an NVidia 980).  Hope that is not the issue.  I didn’t notice, might be the 3rd ball thing too. That’s pretty odd!

For the 3rd ball, does the PUP play a specific video or audio clip?   It could be a bug in the compression of the video/audio encoding.  Anyway I’ll check later tonight/this week.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred
                                      MemberContributorModerator

I was only able to test this for about 10 mins yesterday while I was at home. I was also experiencing the same crashing behavior specifically on my cab. Hasn’t happened on my desktop.

The difference between the two is my pup screens on my test desktop are smaller in size, whereas on the cab the screens are beside each other. It’s possible your CustPos may be somehow spilling over onto another screen, or off screen when it shouldn’t be, and with the wrong combo of videos playing at once, it will crash.

I noticed you have 2 center pup screens, 2 topper screens and an underlay screen. Your 2 layer topper screen 8 doesnt use CustomPos…so its possible it could be appearing under the PF for some people depending on their setup. That why its always best to use CustPos for those extra layers as they will use the normal Topper and Backglass as reference.

It would be better to try to only have one screen for each type of video when you are using multiple layers like this. So one Topper layer, one BG Layer, and one DMD layer, and one Underlay layer. You dont really need more than that now when you can use SetBG, and SkipSamePri.

Also…NailBuster does have a newer version of PuP that allows the use of screens 11 to 20 for PuP-Pack only….so you don’t need to use the “Popper” screens. Just, BG, and Topper. All other pup layers can use 11 and higher. Ask him about getting the new update and trying that out. I have already updated Transfomers to use screens 11 and up…and will do the same for Jaws. Again…you need the new update from NailBuster to be able to create a Pack using those screens as its not released yet.

With Tron I’ll also be updating it at some point to use newer features and screens 11 and higher.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                      trochjochel
                                      Participant
                                        @trochjochel

Thanks for the info I will write to nailbuster and ask him. I will be able to change this PupPack without big problems. because I have not used the second layer often except for the topper but that’s not a problem either.

The Loafer
                                        Participant
                                          @theloafer

:Thumbs up on the effort here!

BTW, hopefully it’s ok to comment on the table itself, but I’m trying the latest version available on monsterbashpincab.com and thought it was good. But for those unaware, there’s some script options that are defaulted to “off” that really bring this table to life. So for those who know their way around VP scripts, turn on the table lighting and those custom flippers. Really improves the look of the table IMHO. It also plays great to congrats to those who worked on it (Tom Tower and Ninuzzu)

TerryRed
                                            @terryred
                                            MemberContributorModerator

While I couldn’t test it as much as I wanted in the cab (I had to go back to my hotel room 3 hours away) ….I just realized I forgot to say….great job! Lots of effort put into this.

The music just completely changes these Stern tables. I love it!

Great use of the underlay for different videos for each mode.

I think if you can crop the videos for the BG Text section to a 4:1 ratio, you will see if really makes a big difference in the look for that area.

Once you get to the source of the crashing…and I think a little bit of refinement to prevent videos from repeating too much (SkipSamePri), I think you will see a big difference in how nicely it plays and flows.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?