Beta Testers needed

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    32assassin
    Participant
      @32assassin

POP again, organ targets are all working, was able to hit them all, raise it, hit balls into it, etc…

Had a weird thing happen when there was supposed to be a 3rd ball in play (after i hit a 3rd one into the organ during multiball play), it never showed up, and kept giving me “ball 2” every time i’d lose one. I think i could have played forever on ball 2. I wasn’t able to make it do it again, though.

Sorry i’m not more technical. What i know is this game is unforgiving in real life, and this version is also. You lose a lot of damn balls off the organ ramp and down the left side.

the VP9 version of POP has a ballrelease hack, I’m not sure why or if I still need that on the latest version of PINMAME

the hack sets triggers sw28. 29 =  ball in left wire ramp

I redid the code for the kicker because I wanted an animated ball (ball traveling up the vertical part of the ramp)

the ball just appear in the top of the wire ramp

I will release a version with the full VP code to see if it works.

edit

do me a favor and comment out or delete line 44 SolCallback(26) = “bsTrough.SolOut”

the ballrelease hack is not being used because of this line

the table might not work at all but this is why this is a beta test

kickeback should be  fixed  –>  the left drain switches where flipped

correct position sw 17 = left outer   sw18 = left inner

after double checking all the switches I found that the ramp switches where also swapped

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

32assassin
      Participant
        @32assassin

@ ST25:

The solenoids of the light strips are 37, 38 and 39

are you familiar with how this lights are suppose to work?

I had no plans of adding  them,  after adding this 3 controllers I made a 3d pipe model but I”m probably going to add the lights similar to the Tron LE ramp given that I don’t know how they work.

Max-K
        Participant
          @kiwipim

If I counted them well they should be 4 lights per solenoid, 12 lights per strip.
          From the drawing it should be clear how the lights are connected, the right strip is connected in the same way as the left one.

Attachments:
          1 user thanked author for this post.
          redrooster
          Participant
            @redrooster

I played again earlier this week, taking out that line you mentioned made no changes.  All is the same as before, things are working mostly, with the exception of the weird multiball thing.  If i drain another ball into the organ during 2-ball play, it really messes things up.  Again, i’m not familiar enough with anything on the programming/scripting side to help out.  I just know that after I drop another ball in there, it just stays on ball 2 after i lose them, and no next ball comes out to be shot from the plunger.

*edit*  I am referring to POP by the way.  The kickback does now work, and you were correct with the switches being reversed/incorrect.  That’s working as it should now.  I did notice there was a lot of screaming, i didn’t know it was because of that.

32assassin
            Participant
              @32assassin

tube lights have been added to ST

I”m really not sure what is wrong with the multi ball for POP

I added a hidden trigger to see if it fixes the problem.

I also added an alt table POTP ALT.vpx  that has a combination of the VP9 table and my animated ball code.

play both of them and see if the problem is fixed.POP ALT is basically the VP9 code for all the kickers

I redrew the plunger decal for Maverick , the only thing missing is the Crystal City plastic.

I tried stretching the image I currently have but it looks worked,  as sooner as I get a HQ image the sooner the table is released.

senseless
              Participant
                @senseless

There has been a nice update of POP within the FP community. It also has an updated 4k-ish quality playfield and the code works for the organ. Perhaps there is a chance for permission to use this additional source to finish the vpx version :)?

Here is the link to the table:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-24095-phantom_of_the_opera_ultimate

toxie
                Participant
                  @toxie
                  VP DEVMember

Just wanted to say thanks 32a!  :)

arconovum
                  Participant
                    @nicholaschristopher
                    MemberContributor

I have a 6K hi-res playfield for Star Trek 25th , but its a completely different layout than yours , the inserts everything are all different offsets.

foofoorabbit
                    Participant
                      @foofoorabbit

I have a 6K hi-res playfield for Star Trek 50th , but its a completely different layout than yours , the inserts everything are all different offsets.

Do you mean 25th Anniversary?

arconovum
                      Participant
                        @nicholaschristopher
                        MemberContributor

I have a 6K hi-res playfield for Star Trek 50th , but its a completely different layout than yours , the inserts everything are all different offsets.

Do you mean 25th Anniversary?

indeed… lol. 50th is next….

STAT
                        Participant
                          @stefanaustria
                          MemberContributor

Hey 32assassin, i totaly missed this Links with your Beta Tables, esp. Data East Star Trek :heart:  ,
                          maybe you can upload it again ?

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

I uploaded a “finished” version of ST25th,  but I don’t think you are going to be happy with it (I’m not).

the crystal display looks like complete crap.  the only way its going to look good is with primitives.

I don’t plan to make one from low quality resources.  I copied and pasted the display form the beta table but

it does not look good in my table because the beta table did not have GI lighting.

POP is still missing the apron decals.

Maverick is still missing the Crystal City plastic,  I tried to redraw it but its deformed and it looks like it was made in paint.

I uploaded new pictures now with finished ramps.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                            D-Inc.
                            Participant
                              @death69inc

Not sure if this has been addressed but I didnt see it in comments .

Phantom after you lock the 2 balls says prepare for 3 ball but 3rd ball never comes out to launcher  … tried it 5 times each time same result.

Aurel
                              Participant
                                @aurel

I uploaded a “finished” version of ST25th, but I don’t think you are going to be happy with it (I’m not).

the crystal display looks like complete crap. the only way its going to look good is with primitives.

I don’t plan to make one from low quality resources. I copied and pasted the display form the beta table but

it does not look good in my table because the beta table did not have GI lighting.

Thanks a lot !!  :good:

I’ve made a very few adjustements for the cristal ligths (postions/rotations) and FS pov on ST25th and it looks very good  :yahoo:

Here the result in FS and DT :

Very nice table, thanks a lot again !

(PS : I can’t find Maverick table in your link, normal?)

bjschneider93
                                Participant
                                  @bjschneider93

Thanks. St25 plays good

redrooster
                                  Participant
                                    @redrooster

Just posting in the hopes there is an update to POTP, and if not, maybe it’ll trigger some motivation.  I had heard from someone in a facebook group that a newer version of your WIP was available that had ramps, but I don’t see that here.

Anyway, good luck, hope to see it sooner rather than later.

STAT
                                    Participant
                                      @stefanaustria
                                      MemberContributor

POTP … is what Table ? You meant: POTO, Phantom of the Opera ?
                                      POTC … :unsure:

The Loafer
                                      Participant
                                        @theloafer

POTP: Poop on the Patio. it’s one of those “banned” tables.  I don’t know why, it’s pretty silly and brought new meaning to the term “rom dump”…

redrooster
                                        Participant
                                          @redrooster

Obviously, fools, POTP=a typo of POTO which=Phantom of the Opera, which is discussed about at pretty good length in this thread.

And to add a poop joke in to pile on to a typo joke…I expect more from all of you.

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

It was a feeble attempt at humor, we all kind of knew you meant POTO.  This forum tends to be looser and sometimes I can forget people might not find a joke funny.  Sincere apologies

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?