(Big Betty’s) Truck Stop

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    agentEighty6
    Participant
      @zigbane

Tom, thanks for trying to help these guys.  I can put my nvram and rom in a zip on Google drive if you all think that may help.

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

You can try

agentEighty6
        Participant
          @zigbane

Here’s a link to a zip file of the nvram and rom files that I use.

I can attest that these work with all of the versions of the table that i’ve posted as well as both desktop and cab modes.

Give this a try and hopefully it will allow you to hear all of the sounds from the table.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15qpkGxPEBKfq59mjKJgYZB6wnejXmQIk/view?usp=sharing

32assassin
          Participant
            @32assassin

your rom is fine

you can eliminate the rom as a possible problem if you do a rom check

Capture

You should not delete NVram for Gottlieb System 3  tables and Ballys 6803  tables.

full list of 6083 tables

https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally_6803

the NVram for this tables need to be initiated.

download and install this

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=1362

(if you used the all-in-one installer this files where automatically installed for you)

the only problem is that their are many files missing

trucksp3.nv  is one of them.    So you will need to initiate the rom

or make a copy of truckstp.nv   and rename it to trucksp3.nv   and place it in your NVram folder

Load the table and press F6 and make sure that the rom sound was not disabled

Capture

if its disabled you might need to go through the script to make sure that the sound is not being disabled in the script  (set to =0)

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value(“sound”)=1

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

DeathInc
            Participant
              @deathincclan

Thank you guys. I will run through these and see if I can get them to work. I appreciate all the help.

DeathInc

Tom
              Participant
                @armyaviation
                MemberContributor

I would try what 32 says first.  If that doesnt work, unzip this.

Hit win+R and type regedit.

Navigate to :Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Visual PinMame\trucksp3

Delete the entry for trucksp3.

go to file/import and import this registry setting that you unzipped from me.

Try it out and hopefully that works

Attachments:
                JR
                Participant
                  @jfr1

Is this one of those tables F12 comes into play?

DeathInc
                  Participant
                    @deathincclan

Thank you agentEighty6, 32assassin and Tom.  I tried every way you guys sent me.

agentEighty6 the rom you supplied was larger then the one I had.  I had hope.  But nothing.  Replaced my nvram file with yours.  Nothing.  But Thank you!

32assassin I tried the suppled nvram file. I renamed it and replaced the one I had.  Nothing.  Thank you for the help!!

Tom you were my last hope.  Replacing the registry entry with the one you supplied. Unfortunately it did not work.  Again, thank you for the effort.

I guess this is just one of those tables that I am not meant to enjoy.  The problem is it doesn’t work on either of my cabinets.  Strange that neither work.

Gentlemen, Thank you for the effort.  I really appreciate it.  If you think of anything else, please feel free to let me know.  Would love to get this going.

DeathInc

Tom
                    Participant
                      @armyaviation
                      MemberContributor

Hmmm, someone smarter than me can chime in.  That sucks

did you try all rom possibilities that vpinmame lists for this table.

DeathInc
                      Participant
                        @deathincclan

I tried trucksp2.zip. But they are the only two listed in the VPinMAME setup menu. Both of them test fine.

Its strange. If I hit the left flipper before I start a game I get some music. But as soon as I start. Just table sounds.

It sucks, its a really cool table.  I even tried a old nude version of the table I had. And that did not play sounds either.

Thanks again

DeathInc

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

And you have freezy 1.8????

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Try an experiment and get back to us with the findings.  Take any other 6803 table, say party animal, escape from the lost world or hardbody, you better have those installed or I will take offense, lol, take the rom names for the 2 truck stop roms and try them in one of those tables.  It’s the same system, should startup fine.  See if you get the sounds you are missing.

then take the truck stop table and put in party animal or hardbody rom name in the script and see if that table starts up.

I had issues when I built these tables but I remember it had to do with the nvram and either getting Thalamus’ version or taking 32assassins advice helped

DeathInc
                            Participant
                              @deathincclan

Yes, I am using Freezy 1.8.  Except in VPinSPA folder where I need Freezy 1.7.1 for the DMD to work properly with the PUP Pack.

I will give your experiment a try and get back to you.

Thanks for the suggestions.

DeathInc

DeathInc
                              Participant
                                @deathincclan

Try an experiment and get back to us with the findings. Take any other 6803 table, say party animal, escape from the lost world or hardbody, you better have those installed or I will take offense, lol, take the rom names for the 2 truck stop roms and try them in one of those tables. It’s the same system, should startup fine. See if you get the sounds you are missing.

then take the truck stop table and put in party animal or hardbody rom name in the script and see if that table starts up.

I had issues when I built these tables but I remember it had to do with the nvram and either getting Thalamus’ version or taking 32assassins advice helped

Ok, both tables sounds were good with the opposite rom. Uplayable of course, but I got sound. So its not the tables I would guess.  Now what…….LOL

Death

DeathInc
                                Participant
                                  @deathincclan

Ok, I just fixed it.  I just updated my SamBuild to the most recent and now it works. I have sound.  Strange that it was only that table.

Thank you again to Tom who kept pushing me to get it fixed.

32assassins for your help. And also agentEighty6 for your help and this awesome table.

Also a shout out to JR for his suggestions.

Thank you!!! Thank you!! Thank you!

DeathInc

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

@bobalbright, hopefully that fixes yours too

Bob Albright
                                    Participant
                                      @bobalbright

That never crossed my mind as a possible culprit. I’ll get the new Sam. And I’m sure that’s my issue as well. Thanks guys!

As I figured,that was what I needed to do too. Thanks again

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

nanuk
                                      Participant
                                        @nanuk

hi great table but is there a easy way to remove the alphanumeric from the playfield

thank you

agentEighty6
                                        Participant
                                          @zigbane

Can you explain more on what you mean?  Maybe a screen shot?

scgamer2k9
                                          Participant
                                            @scgamer2k9

Thank you very much for your work on this table.  I am getting a rendering error when I try to run.

Fatal Error:  unable to create texture! D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (0x8876086c: Invalid call) at c:\projects\vp10\renderdevice.cpp:1297

Running Visual Pinball 10.6.0

Any thoughts?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 85 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?