(Big Betty’s) Truck Stop

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    agentEighty6
    Participant
      @zigbane

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback and explanation.  I’ll see if I can maybe tweek the physics a little.  Maybe all it needs is just a little more pf friction to calm the ball down and decelerate in a more realistic manner.

v8nagrom
      Participant
        @v8nagrom

I think the high mass/low friction approach to physics were worked on quite a bit a few years ago by rothbauerw and wrd1972 but ultimately abandoned. I actually think JP’s previous physics were better. In some ways there are improvements – you get that nice left-right ball movement that makes pinball so dangerous and the ball certainly feels lively. But it introduces some problems that aren’t worth the exchange to me. Things get really weird at the flippers and rubbers – the ball seems to be bouncing itself and can’t quite calm down. It never gradually attentuates its speed as the friction of the playfield slows it down – it just slides and dances and bounces unnaturally on rubbers. Plays smooth but in real pinball the ball loses speed as it moves away from solenoid interaction (flippers, slings, bumpers) because of playfield friction.

I A/B tested your previous physics and I definitely like them better everywhere except right at the flippers where there just isn’t enough bounce, but that can be fixed.

These things are subjective and there are tradeoffs to any physics approach so I can understand where the liveliness of the ball with high mass/low friction is appealing and might be worth the tradeoff to some. Definitely not interested in disparaging updates and trying new things but thought I’d give some gentle pushback as I don’t think this is the second coming of VP physics.

Truly, thanks for keeping your projects updated and for working to improve them. It is appreciated.

Feels the same for me. The ball is too bouncy and builds up inertia very quick. The game turns into continous heavy fight with the unreal physics of the ball. But once you get control of the ball, you aim a target and you feel satisfied if you score but then the fight starts over again whilst killing the real joy of pinball.

Really respect JP’s hard work with VP andd all his beautiful tables but nFozzy’s approach to physics feels more natural for me to be honest.

v8nagrom
        Pinball freak

1 user thanked author for this post.
        nanuk
        Participant
          @nanuk

thx ill try the new update this weekend

Peter Bergen
          Participant
            @piffer

Was für eine nette Überraschung: Ballys Truckstop in VPX und nun auch mit korrekten Regeln :good: . Vielen herzlichen Dank! Der Tisch spielt sich großartig. Ich bin begeistert. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Viele Grüße aus Hildesheim / Germany sendet

Peter

1 user thanked author for this post.
            Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

Thank you for the table. I am only getting ball rolling sound while I play–no music, etc. Any ideas? Not having any issues with other tables. Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

agentEighty6
              Participant
                @zigbane

are you getting other sounds like flippers, bumpers?  or only ball rolling and nothing else?

just wondering if your rom itself is the problem or maybe a setting in the rom.  i can see where some of the rom sounds like music can be disabled.

maybe try to find a diff rom or even delete the nvram file to see if that helps.

Manbearpig
                Participant
                  @manbearpig

nice table, thanks!

I like turtles.

Bob Albright
                  Participant
                    @bobalbright

I tried a different rom from a different site. And tried deleting rom. No go. Only hear the ball rolling and can hear the spinner. I have an earlier version of the table and sound on it is the same.  I’m sure it used to work or I would have deleted it

agentEighty6
                    Participant
                      @zigbane

yeah, thats strange bob.  all fine here and i havent heard of anyone with a similar issue.

Mozzie
                      Participant
                        @mozzie

Fantastic looking and playing table..thanks so much..

one slight problem I can’t seem to get b2s going at all..it is worded correctly I have done everything I know to try and get it to go but to no luck…

all works on every other table

Maiguelon
                        Participant
                          @maiguel0n

SuperNice !! Supa !! Nice !! Thanks, i love it !!

marie
                          Participant
                            @marie

Thanks for the update!

DeathInc
                            Participant
                              @deathincclan

Thank you for the table. I am only getting ball rolling sound while I play–no music, etc. Any ideas? Not having any issues with other tables. Thanks

Same here. Just table sounds. No music.  Anyone have any ideas. Tried new rom and deleted nvram. No go. All other tables seem cool. Crazy issue.

Thanks

DeathInc
                              Participant
                                @deathincclan

Same here. Just table sounds. No music. Anyone have any ideas. Tried new rom and deleted nvram. No go. All other tables seem cool. Crazy issue.

Thanks

Any One??  Please??  Its such a good table.  But boring with just table effects.

Bob Albright
                                Participant
                                  @bobalbright

Deathink–i gave up on this table. Noone else seems to have the issue. I had a previous version of this table and it worked fine. Interestingly, that version doesn’t work either. I deleted both versions. It’s a good table , but I”m done fretting about it

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

@bobalbright, did you try this https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

maybe try another rom for this table if there is one.  Another thing you can do is to put a different table rom, of the same system into the script and see if it works, to check the table.  I doubt it’s the table though

make sure the rom volume is turned up, VpF has tutorials on all systems and how to do that.

the last thing we try is I send you my registry setting for my truck stop rom.  While building these tables I have come across some gremlins that I can’t explain.  Sometimes the rom reset doesn’t work and giving the registry a kick in the butt works.  We will get it working

Bob Albright
                                    Participant
                                      @bobalbright

Thanks for the offer Tom  I tried everything I could think of to no avail ..deleting nv, different rom from different site, redownloaded table   I’m aware of the tutorials at VPF    Interestingly, Truck Stop is not listed in the tutorial as one of the tables that can be adjusted   I’m not messing with the registry  Thanks again

DeathInc
                                      Participant
                                        @deathincclan

@bobalbright, did you try this https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/reset-a-table-to-default/

maybe try another rom for this table if there is one. Another thing you can do is to put a different table rom, of the same system into the script and see if it works, to check the table. I doubt it’s the table though

make sure the rom volume is turned up, VpF has tutorials on all systems and how to do that.

the last thing we try is I send you my registry setting for my truck stop rom. While building these tables I have come across some gremlins that I can’t explain. Sometimes the rom reset doesn’t work and giving the registry a kick in the butt works. We will get it working

I personally tried every rom I could find. I looked and can not find a volume for the rom.  It is not 8 or 9.  Tried reseting Nvram and erasing the registry entry.  I am at a loss.  If you care to share your registry entry and Rom, I could give it a shot.  I would appreciate it.

DeathInc

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

I can do that later. @bobalbright, you can’t be scared of the registry when you are dealing with VPX.  There are many instances where I have had to go to the registry whether it was for stern roms or to adjust the screens

DeathInc
                                          Participant
                                            @deathincclan

I can do that later. @bobalbright, you can’t be scared of the registry when you are dealing with VPX. There are many instances where I have had to go to the registry whether it was for stern roms or to adjust the screens

I would appreciate it.  Let me know.

DeathInc

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?