Blackout (Williams 1980) S34 mod

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Schreibi34
    Participant
      @schreibi34

Blackout (Williams 1980) S34 mod

Big thank you once again to 32assassin for letting me mod this masterpiece! He is the guy who did all the hard work on the original table.

GtxJoe added a fantasy mode to the blackout sequence on the original table.
      Blackout achievement only lasts a few seconds,  You can change it so that blackout lasts until the ball in play drains
      change the setting in at the top of the script.

Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

Looks beautiful, Schreibi34. Love this classic shooter. Can’t wait to play it later today…

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Ben Logan2
        Participant
          @benlogan2

Does hitting left loop solidly often result in a center drain for you? I’ve only played real table a handful of times at Pinagogo. Don’t know if this is normal.

Otherwise, I totally love it! Thanks for a fantastic update.

Schreibi34
          Participant
            @schreibi34

It depends on the speed of the ball!

The fast clean shots are dangerous. Maybe too dangerous. If i adjust the right upper rail more towards the right flipper, the slower balls will bounce of the top of the right slingshot. Maybe thats the better solution.

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Ben. Yes, it is a dangerous shot. For me it is almost always savable.

Schreibi34
              Participant
                @schreibi34

Or is the problem when the ball doesn’t make it through the gate and rolls back down the left lane? I left that in to punish the weak shot. Doesen’t happen too often.

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

What happens on the original ? That is what we should try to reproduce. I guess I have to look this table up a bit myself. I was surprised to see how little bounce the flippers currently is set to.

senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Thanks for this upgraded classic :)! Love it!

Schreibi34
                    Participant
                      @schreibi34

What happens on the original ? That is what we should try to reproduce. I guess I have to look this table up a bit myself. I was surprised to see how little bounce the flippers currently is set to.

If i add more bounce to the flippers i have to lower the force to something ike 1500. The table already plays a bit faster then what i saw in videos.

If you have a good solution let me know  :good:

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Thats the thing. You can look at one table on youtube and then adjust for that. Then you find another video where the table has a slightly different inclination and maybe older or newer rubbers. It is not a easy task I know. Just mentioned it since I personally have adjusted that table and I guess you know already. It is more bouncy. I’m not complaining, I think you’ve done a good job.

Schreibi34
                        Participant
                          @schreibi34

v1.1 should be out in about an hour. Thanks for the feedback:

– left spinner had the wrong switch number. Now the orbit thing is working again. Thanks to kirkin2006, nice find.
                          – changed kickercup to kickercup2 with the correct material. Thanks hauntfreaks
                          – liftet the layer 4 lights to hight 28 as suggested by hauntfreaks
                          – the ball coming down from the upper right lane (orbit shot) is dangerous! Take a look at this video at the 6:28 and the 6:55 min. mark.

– more bounce to the rubbers (thanks Thalamus) and flippers. Check the video and you will see what i mean.
                          – lowered the flipper force. Clean shots have way to much power. Don’t worry, i keep it a bit faster as in the gameplayvideo!

Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Thanks for the update, Screibi. Nice research in confirming dangerous loop shot is accurate to real table. I’ll work on my aim accordingly! Awesome release.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?