Cactus Jack's VPX WIP

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    TNT2
    Participant
      @tnt2

:cry:

Ginsonic
      Participant
        @ginsonic

I really wish, BodyDump would forgive all that happened and that he would continue his great work !

Peace and unity are needed more then ever in this mad world, and I mean it regardless if we get this table or not !

TNT2
        Participant
          @tnt2

I assume this table would be considered missing in action?  :cry:

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

Would really be a shame if it never was finished. I’m sure someday he will release it :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Kalavera3
            Participant
              @kalavera3

The truth is that it is a pity that a person feels bad doing something that should make him feel good, it seems perfect that he takes the time he thinks is necessary to think and rest, we all have a family, some of us have a partner and children and many responsibilities, and we take this as a hobby, the bad is when we feel it as an obligation, hopefully one day recover the joy of making tables. A big hug to Bodydump

Guus
              Participant
                @guus

It’s so sad to see that there’s no clear indication that this table will be released or not.

Because it looks more then AWESOME, we we’re really looking forward to this table! Thanks for all the hard work that you put into this gem, we really hope to play this awesome remake one day !  :yes:

Dark
                  @dark
                  vipMemberContributor

It’s so sad to see that there’s no clear indication that this table will be released or not. Because it looks more then AWESOME, we we’re really looking forward to this table! Thanks for all the hard work that you put into this gem, we really hope to play this awesome remake one day ! :yes:

Allow me to clarify, there’s no plans or mentions of any release to my knowledge.

3dcreation

Tom
                  Participant
                    @armyaviation
                    MemberContributor

I am fairly new to this but I guess I don’t understand the back history???  Some awesome designer decided to start creating this table, along with a lot of help from other people, and someone went and pissed him off and now it will never be released.  If that’s the case, why would you want to withhold something so great from a lot of people who admire you just to spite some other jackass.  I appreciate everyone’s hard work at this hobby so I can sit home and enjoy tables that I would never be able to afford to buy in real life.  I hope someone will pick up with this project so we can all enjoy the hard work that has been put in already.

N3roflint
                    Participant
                      @n3roflint

I appreciate everyone’s hard work at this hobby so I can sit home and enjoy tables that I would never be able to afford to buy in real life.

You and I both. Unfortunately there are a lot of unappreciative goofs in this hobby. This is what happens when they open their mouths.

TNT2
                      Participant
                        @tnt2

I have become more sympathetic to table recreators over time. They put in a tremendous amount of work into these tables and I can understand why they would get frustrated when someone callously updates their work without any permission or credit in doing so.

Sure I am like everyone and would love to have the table but if the painstaking process is no longer enjoyable for someone I completely respect their decision not to complete a project.

The table will eventually get made either with those resources or another person decides to take on the project and has their own.

The VP community here for the most part is a terrific bunch of people.

Tom
                        Participant
                          @armyaviation
                          MemberContributor

sure Hope it does get finished, would be a shame for all that work to be wasted.

Side note TNT2, any relation to tnt amusements in philly?

robertms
                          Participant
                            @mophead

Side note TNT2, any relation to tnt amusements in philly?

Shhhhh, you gonna wake up Hauntfreaks. He adores those guys..

Draifet
                            Participant
                              @draifet

Oh, I really  need that dancing cactus on VPX, maybe some day.  :cry:

TNT2
                              Participant
                                @tnt2

Hell no. And even if I were I wouldn’t want to upset Haunt.

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

This is a pretty machine in real life. not expensive either but yes would be great to have this in vp! is the previous work free to mod? i assume not? has anyone asked? i assume so :)

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

Tom
                                  Participant
                                    @armyaviation
                                    MemberContributor

Someone who knows him should ask.  Hell even if it’s not done it would probably still be fun to play

Karlor
                                    Participant
                                      @karlor

Did this one ever get released? I can only seem to find the older version..

Dark
                                        @dark
                                        vipMemberContributor

I knew him, I haven’t been in contact with him in a long time but I respect his wishes to withhold this and won’t ask anything of him.

You guys need to realize bodydump is a pro, and he’s done shitloads of amazing play field redraws for the community, including the PF redraw for my Jurassic Park table (He fufilled his promise to do the JP redraw after he’d already decided to take a hiatus).  Instead of faulting him for being fed up with some people in the community perhaps you should be grateful for all the contributions he’s already made.

I personally put a lot of work into getting those dancing cactus to dance like they do in real life (with the help of fuzzel adding the primitive animation feature), and while I was a little disappointed to see it never saw a release, I totally understand bodydump’s perspective.  The guy has been putting out professional level illustration work for free for years and from what I gathered he just reached a point where it was more trouble and drama than it was rewarding for him.

After you spend a long time contributing to this community, putting your blood, sweat and tears into projects all just for a love of the game and the artwork only to have to deal with picky critiques from people who contribute nothing, and other internal drama between contributors you may have a better understanding.

Look guys I get it, people have wanted to see a newer version of this table for a long time(myself included), but you need to accept it isn’t happening.  The resources available for this table are trash, you can see from the old version everything is low res and graphics are poor quality.  Bodydump redrew everything for this table himself.

You want a new version of Cactus Jack’s, start redrawing.

3dcreation

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

or you could buy a real one, strip it down and scan it all… @randr says they are cheap.  :good:

randr
                                          Keymaster
                                            @randr
                                            ModeratorMember

They were super cheap! But these days I’m sure people think it’s gold

for IOS and Android

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 115 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?