Confusing issue with (SOME) SAM tables

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    senseless
    Participant
      @senseless

I will check them all tonight, hope you are right.

senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Well I finally pinpointed the area where the problem lies.

To be certain it had nothing to do with a blocked dll I unblocked all files via the powershell and the <b>get-childitem “<span style=”color: #ff0000;”>full path of folder</span>” | unblock-file </b>command. This had no effect.

I started to fiddle around with the video settings. Lowering the detail and the texture dimensions still gave me the same error.Ultimately I deselected all options and lowered the detail and the texture dimensions to the minimum and checked the box Texture compression. TWD VPX was able to start!

Of course happy that I was able to start it up also raised questions. How come a recent relatively high mid-range GFX card like the GTX 750TI with 2GB of memory cannot run tables like TWD? This card runs Battlefield 4 in full HD ultra mode with average framerates of 28….

Drivers are up to date and ALL other tables run without any problems. This sound like a VPX issue in how it addresses the memory and possible swap textures or something. Would love to hear some other views on this.

Question is now what to do. Just to buy an even more powerfull GFX card doesn’t sound right.

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

I run a 750ti 2gb card and works great. So not the video card maybe you install is doubled for pinmame? or 2 b2sserver instances? must be a configuration issue. windows up to date? virus protection can cause odd issues. show a screenshot of your vp video prefrences?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Daryl
          Participant
            @allknowing2012

If you are running 32bit os you are limited to something like 3GB total OS + video. Did you say you were on a 32bit OS?

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

I’m indeed on 32bit OS (Windows 8). I still have issues with TWD and sometimes Star Trek. I did a clean install and are currently running VPX 10.1 and installed a new videocard (970 GTX, 4GB) but still these tables give me a headache.

Can someone post his working tablefile and rom for me so I can exclude any data issue? Thanks a bunch, I really love these two tables.

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

I have a reduced image size version of twd that I did because it crashed on my cab.  There are some quite large graphic files in that table.  This helped me.  I’ll send you a link to try it and see if it helps you.
                <p style=”text-align: left;”>-Mike</p>
                <p style=”text-align: left;”>Ps.  I haven’t looked at ST yet.</p>
                <p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

1 user thanked author for this post.
                Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

Here try this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84075840/The%20Walking%20Dead%20(Stern%202014).vpx

-Mike

For RANDR: Html code showing on previous post was from posting from mobile chrome on an android phone.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  senseless
                  Participant
                    @senseless

Great Mike, you made my day. This version indeed works. The original size of the table probably combined with the rather large rom file creates instabilities.

I am still a bit puzzled why this should be a problem considering the underlying hardware (i5, 4gb, 970GTX with 4gb memory).

Can anyone share some light on this?

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

I wanted to try that as well on my cab table will crash 2 out of 10 startups but link is dead. reup it id like to see if it makes it work 10 out of 10

for IOS and Android

senseless
                      Participant
                        @senseless

The link is not fully displayed (it does not pick up the extension some reason..). Just copy it completely and enter it in the webbrower.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84075840/The%20Walking%20Dead%20(Stern%202014).vpx

Good luck :). Hopefully large tables with large roms can be addressed via VPX, it can’t be a hardware issue.

Sliderpoint
                        Participant
                          @sliderpoint
                          MemberContributor

hrm…

ShrunkTWD

yeah straight paste doesn’t like the extension.  a-href works I htink.

-Mike

edit: straight paste into the comments here.   I’m sure web address works fine.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                          randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

thanks @sliderpoint! will be interesting to see if this solves random crashing on start of table

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

after fixing the strange portrait mode you use :) it seems to solve random crash on startup! thanks! :yahoo:

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
                              Participant
                                @sliderpoint
                                MemberContributor

Glad to help.  I did notice the ramp helpers were not set to visible.  You may want to switch those, it looked funny to me.

Sliderpoint
                                Participant
                                  @sliderpoint
                                  MemberContributor

Oh yeah, I’ll look at the Star Trek table and see if I see any similar things with it.

TXT11
                                  Participant
                                    @txt11

:bye: I’m on WinXP (Tiny Beast Edition) 32Bit and have the exact same issue as everyone noted here with TWD VPX but my PhysMod5 version runs perfectly – and it uses the same twd_156 rom….!!  I use a R7 260x 2GB DDR5 graphics card and of 440 tables on my cab, the ‘machine terminated’ error is only happening when starting TWD VPX ….!! :wacko:    Star Trek VPX is fine and all AC/DC’s are fine too.

Jesperpark
                                    Participant
                                      @jesperpark

Just to throw in some feedback, a buddy and i have almost identical Cpu’s, only the motherboard is different.  2GB Nvidea Graphics card, Windows 7, 64 operating system.  I can run TWD without any issues, where TWD crashes VP10 almost every time he starts it.  He also has issues with ACDC for PM5, where my CPU has no issues and plays these all great.  Will get him to try the reduced size version to see if that helps him, glad i read this through as he was just complaining about the same thing today

Thanks all  :bye:

TXT11
                                      Participant
                                        @txt11

:scratch: Tried the reduced texture version and had to lower all sliders to the very lowest setting, remove all checkboxes, even down to 512 textures and run Vpinmame and not B2S and finally TWD loads under VPX 10.1 – Looks pretty awful, but it does play OK….. zzzzzzzzzzz :wacko:   :wacko:

senseless
                                        Participant
                                          @senseless

For those who are interested…

I took Sliderpoint’s version (thanks for the initial work on resizing :good: ) and the latest version from fren and reverted back the original playfield and all the plastics. This versions looks good and still runs without crashing. I tried to restore some other grafix but this caused instantly the ‘old’ behaviour and gave the rom error resulting in an unplayable version.

Here’s the link (file is now 76.6Mb) : The walking dead

Happy killing B-)

Sliderpoint
                                          Participant
                                            @sliderpoint
                                            MemberContributor

Interesting,  I don’t remember changing the playfield image.  FWIW, I think the main culprit is the apron map image.

-Mike

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?