Congo (Williams 1995) VP10

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Pinball Shawn
    Participant
      @pinballshawn

Nobody’s forcing anybody to take an update. That’s why I post changes in my own little thread in my own little corner of the vpuniverse. :) If I didn’t post the changes as I make them, the table authors couldn’t get the fixes, and I wouldn’t get feedback to the issues that are exposed with the changes. There are WAY too many tables and combinations of things for me to test all by myself. Your alternative is to simply use the official releases, and wait to play tables like this one and Star Trek LE that take advantage of the new features. You can’t have it both ways folks. Complaining about it absolutely sucks the motivation out of anyone trying to improve things.

I’m not complaining in any way. Just an observation from a casual players standpoint. Like everyone else I like to keep my cab up to date and recently it’s become somewhat of a challenge. I try to read all the threads at least twice a day and keep up with the almost daily updates so the thought of three stable releases sounds very welcoming to me. But please note I highly appreciate all the work that you, and all the devs are doing right now. And I fully realize it’s impossible to know that after a SAM update that plays perfectly something like my 9.2 Centaur won’t have sound (I’m just making that up btw as an example). Again, I get it. I’m just looking forward to having a nice stable system and playing some ball.

Chapel
      Participant
        @chapel78

Curious if anyone is still getting the left flipper solenoid firing constantly? I tried the new upload of the table with the 10.2 beta rev 2825, djrobx’s new vpinmame.dll update 10/30b, the new b2s update, and the new dof config as well. Am i missing something here. Thanks for any thoughts. And as usual thanks for the table and all of the hard work going to the developers updates.

Maddin
        Participant
          @grandlhuber

If anyone got the same problem with a SolModCallback error message like me:

1. Download the newest VP10.2 Version
          2. Estract it into you VP Folder
          3. Seach on your HDD for core.vbs
          4. Delete all core.vbs except the one in the Visual Pinball/script

In my case i had 4 other core.vbs files in my VP folder. After deleting them, vp did not swhot any SolModCallback Errors anymore.

MnHotRod
          Participant
            @mnhotrod

Installed and played this tonight. Love this table. Having owned two of these, one restored with a clear coated playfield, I think I am a good reference point and this VPX table delivers. What a blast to play. Thank you to all involved!

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Yeah amazing how well these builds simulate the real pinball machine so good. Only getting better too!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

vogliadicane
              Participant
                @vogliadicane

fantastic table! really  :good: . Unfortunately I have this left flipper solenoid always firing problem with v1.1, too. Not with 1.0. Donwnloaded the package today, btw.

Actually made a fresh install of VPX2 those days, because all the beta updates had messed up my system, so I think, my system should be as it should be atm. All other tables are ok.

For me I’m fine with the 1.0 version (after changing line 88), so… just wanted to report.

as a sidenote: I like the look of the ramps and feel of v1.0 much more, but this might be due to my personal taste and hardware.

nFozzy
                Participant
                  @nfozzy

New version is up, 1.2

Changelog:

Consider this an apology for the buggy, rushed 1.1

-New flashers, GI, color correction, physics, and sounds.

-Script overhauled, now uses the new “-1” timer for nearly all script updates. Make sure you have the latest beta of VP10.2 or you’ll be in stutter city.

4 users thanked author for this post.
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

Another quality release nFozzy. Can’t understand why you feel you need to apologize for your previous release. I thoroughly have enjoyed it and hadn’t noticed any issues with it. That being said, I’m very happy to hear that there might be improvements to a table that in my mind was perfect.

Ah, yeah – I don’t have DOF ( yet )

Thank you very much.

Drybonz
                    Participant
                      @drybonz

Thanks for the update, Fozzy… great table.  I noticed your stutter city comment so I checked my beta version and I am on 2847, but still getting jitters in the ball movement.  The last version was smooth as far as I can remember.

*edit*  Please disregard this.  I had been running in windowed fullscreen mode a couple days ago to quickly test some tables and forgot to switch back to fullscreen.  The table is, of course, smooth as silk after I switch back to fullscreen.  Sorry for the false alarm.

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

I still have backglass issues with true full screen in pbx. Any tips?

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

I haven’t really been following the issue, randr, because I was having those problems, but I know a couple people were discussing it on the PBX forums.

Scooby
                          Participant
                            @scooby

This table is a lot of fun, thanks!  One question, I have DOF working for everything on this table except the flippers.  Is there a way to get the flippers firing as well?

Andypc
                            Participant
                              @andypc

Just noticed the instructions are missing from the apron in 1.2?

bb
                              Participant
                                @delt31

Has anyone got this working with flipper feedback on the latest version WITHOUT having left flipper constantly flip?  If so, can you post script?  Thanks

nFozzy
                                Participant
                                  @nfozzy

The flipper polling behavior was removed, you don’t have the latest version.

sniiki
                                  Participant
                                    @sniiki

The flipper polling behavior was removed, you don’t have the latest version.

Flipper DOF doesn’t work at all in 1.2 version.

Script still needs to be modified. Starting from line 1791 replace the code with something like this:

Sub SolLFlipper(Enabled)
                                    If Enabled Then
                                    ‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperup”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.11
                                    ‘PlaySound SoundFX(“FlipperUpLeft”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.0 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT
                                    PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“FlipperUpLeft”,101,DOFOn,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.0 ‘<———— NEW
                                    LeftFlipper.RotateToEnd
                                    Else
                                    ‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperdown”,DOFContactors), 0, 0.4, -0.05, 0.11
                                    ‘PlaySound SoundFX(“flipper_down”,0), 0, 1, -0.05, 0.11 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT
                                    PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“flipper_down”,101,DOFOff,DOFFlippers), 0, 1, -0.05, 0.11 ‘<———— NEW
                                    LeftFlipper.RotateToStart
                                    LeftFlipper.EOStorque = DefaultEOS
                                    End If
                                    End Sub

‘SoundFX(“fx_flipperup”,DOFContactors)
                                    Sub SolRFlipper(Enabled)
                                    If Enabled Then
                                    ‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperup”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.15
                                    ‘PlaySound SoundFX(“FlipperUpLeft”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.0 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT
                                    PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“FlipperUpLeft”,102,DOFOn,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.0 ‘<———— NEW
                                    RightFlipper.RotateToEnd
                                    Else
                                    ‘ PlaySound SoundFX(“fx_flipperdown”,DOFFlippers), 0, 0.4, 0.05, 0.15
                                    ‘PlaySound SoundFX(“flipper_down”,0), 0, 1, 0.05, 0.11 ‘clark <———— COMMENT OUT
                                    PlaySound SoundFXDOF(“flipper_down”,102,DOFOff,DOFFlippers), 0, 1, 0.05, 0.11 ‘<———— NEW
                                    RightFlipper.RotateToStart
                                    RightFlipper.EOStorque = DefaultEOS
                                    End If
                                    End Sub
                                    ‘flipnf
                                    Sub SolULFlipper(Enabled)
                                    If Enabled Then
                                    ‘ PlaySound “fx_flipperup”, 0, 0.5, -0.06, 0.15
                                    ULeftFlipper.RotateToEnd
                                    Else
                                    ‘ PlaySound “fx_flipperdown”, 0, 0.5, -0.06, 0.15
                                    ULeftFlipper.RotateToStart
                                    End If
                                    End Sub

Skitso
                                    Participant
                                      @skitso

Where’s the 1.2?

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/congo-williams-1995-vp10

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Skitso
                                        Participant
                                          @skitso

Uhh, thanks Thalamus, but there’s only 1.0 and 1.1 available… Is there something I’m missing here?

sniiki
                                          Participant
                                            @sniiki

Uhh, thanks Thalamus, but there’s only 1.0 and 1.1 available… Is there something I’m missing here?

Packet has 1.0, 1.1 and one without version number which is 1.2 (you can check the version from the script file to make sure).

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 85 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?