Feeling RIPPED OFF! by Steam (Timeshock)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    RustyCardores
      @rustycardores
      MemberModerator

It’s like I’ve been bashing my head against a brick wall  :negative:

Ben Logan2
      Participant
        @benlogan2

Man — worse than Farsight! Makes you appreciate our community all the more. Steam is super impersonal. Hang in there, Rusty!

1 user thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

You must have an awful connection or the server was busy. took me about 5-15 min to download the res files. Even so the game i feel is way over priced! and i paid over $600 for it! look at credits you will see my name(jason Rosenstiel) i still never got any freebies i was promised other then free demos/betas/releases

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
            @rustycardores
            MemberModerator

Steam servers to Australia often go slow like that. I can jump to a speed test and see that Im getting a stable 46Mbps download, but Steam just piddles it out.  Even while Steam is downloading, I can download from here as an example and get large files in just seconds. So it’s definitely not my local connection at issue…. I wouldn’t bother even mentioning that to Steam, as I’m sure they would simply ignore it and give some other “canned response”. It’s like trying to reason with 1960’s robot that’s still be beta development. “That does not compute… Danger Danger… Refund Requested… Danger!!”

and now to the elephant in the room…

600 BUCKS?????? and you got nothing more than the rest of us?  WTF!!!!  :negative:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Yeah. felling dupped to be honest. but my name should be in credits i haven’t even lookedon windows version it was on IOS version! LOL

for IOS and Android

Sliderpoint
              Participant
                @sliderpoint
                MemberContributor

That is a bummer Rusty. On a couple fronts. If you could get it to work and look good for you, it is actually a good game (although I agree it’s overpriced). It is stupid they are trying to count the download time, and it sucks their servers are so slow there. I’m the same as RandR, only about 10mins. I hope you get your refund.

RustyCardores
                  @rustycardores
                  MemberModerator

Cheers Slider… I don’t expect any further response from them to be honest.  I’ll just make sure I “bag and #tag” them every opportunity I get. My mission is now to become their biggest PITA until I feel I have got my $20 worth. ;)

Sliderpoint
                  Participant
                    @sliderpoint
                    MemberContributor

I actually thought of more support you might be able to use for your play time case.

If you can get the game open and get into the operator menu, you can go to

Book Keeping
                    Standard Audits
                    Total Play Time

This will show how long you’ve actually played the table.  Hell, I only have 1:23.07hrs in there, but my Steam shows 4hours as I’ve been downloading all the views and messing with all the settings.

-Mike

RustyCardores
                      @rustycardores
                      MemberModerator

I actually thought of more support you might be able to use for your play time case. If you can get the game open and get into the operator menu, you can go to Book Keeping Standard Audits Total Play Time This will show how long you’ve actually played the table. Hell, I only have 1:23.07hrs in there, but my Steam shows 4hours as I’ve been downloading all the views and messing with all the settings. -Mike

and that’s the problem hey.  Stoopid Steam!  Good idea though. I’ll do it now. Of course Steam will add it to my time, but it’s a lost cause now anyway, but another reason to stick it to them and bug the shit out of them is worth it. ;)

Drybonz
                      Participant
                        @drybonz

That’s crazy, man… I have never had a problem getting a refund from Steam.  Wonder why they are giving you such a hard time?

RustyCardores
                          @rustycardores
                          MemberModerator

That’s crazy, man… I have never had a problem getting a refund from Steam. Wonder why they are giving you such a hard time?

They are just looking at the server, seeing 5 hours play and going “Nup… 2 hours max dude!”  while totally ignoring that the time is actually downloads. It’s almost like a foreign concept to them that the time could be anything other than play.

It’s like talking to Homer Simpson. It doesn’t matter what I say, all they hear is “Mmmmmm… D…O…N…U…T…S….”

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

5 hours of play would not even be possible anyways. I played it 10 min and that was enough. Maybe will give it more time when I get more free time

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                              @rustycardores
                              MemberModerator

Now feeling only “semi” ripped off by Steam.

Thanks to the help of the guys at Pro-Pinball (and I would also suspect some well targeted hashtags around every public sharing forum that I belong to), Steam has refunded my purchase.

Did they refund it to my Credit Card as I selected in their options menu? No, they refunded it to my Steam wallet.

So it’s really not a refund at all, more of a pseudo-refund, a Clayton’s refund, the kind of a refund your get when you’re not getting a refund…. :(

I guess I’ll buy some more tables for FX2. I would rather my money back, but do I really want to go into battle with this mob again? I can only bang my head against the wall so many times before it starts to hurt.

N3roflint
                              Participant
                                @n3roflint

I was on the fence about buying this table but I now have decided not to based on how Rusty was treated as well as Randr not getting anything other than the table for his $600 donation to the cause.It’s also overpriced IMO.

It’s a shame too because I played this to death when it was first released on the playstation.

CarnyPriest
                                Participant
                                  @carnypriest

I was on the fence about buying this table but I now have decided not to based on how Rusty was treated as well as Randr not getting anything other than the table for his $600 donation to the cause.It’s also overpriced IMO. It’s a shame too because I played this to death when it was first released on the playstation.

Too bad! It is the best looking table in my cabinet bar none.

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

I was on the fence about buying this table but I now have decided not to based on how Rusty was treated as well as Randr not getting anything other than the table for his $600 donation to the cause.It’s also overpriced IMO. It’s a shame too because I played this to death when it was first released on the playstation.

I would get game it is very cool! But it is Timeshock its good and well worth having

for IOS and Android

RustyCardores
                                      @rustycardores
                                      MemberModerator

My biggest gripe with the table (besides that the higher resolutions where cab-crashers for me) is that it’s not the “greatest visual representation of real pinball ever” (paraphrasing there) that it was made out to be.  Yes it’s good and I can see that it’s like no other…. but it’s not there yet, if you know what I mean.  Even looking at screen grabs from those who have the table running at the higher resolutions, the lower table is fantastic but it still falls out of focus to an unacceptable level (for me) the further up you go.

Now I gotta say that we all have different visual perceptions and different levels of acceptable standards etc, I get that… and perhaps it’s just me being a professional photographer and one who is super critical when it comes to photo realism, but I would highly recommend to those looking at this table to run on a large screen in a cab, that they seek out real size screen grabs and make an truly informed decision before laying out the dollars.  Dollars that btw, I personally feel are quite high for a single table.

To those playing desktop on a smaller screen… I think you will find what I’m talking about to be much less of an issue, as the smaller screen size will help reduce the ‘out of focus’ issue greatly.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

I agree. The tommy table done here in the unreal engine is WAY better I think!

for IOS and Android

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?