Freezy DMDExt 1.7. A universal DLL for real DMD, virtual DMD, and PinUP System!

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    outhere
      @outhere
      MemberContributorvipModerator

That should not matter

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

what if i installed dmdext/1.71 before installing pinup? Can I undo it somehow or…i hate to do a new clean install of vpx. i haven’t installed the pinupsystem yet as i await my cabinet with pindmd3 on wednesday. just have a computer and 2 temporary monitors for now.

good news… when installing PinUP System v1.4 now it is required that freezy/dmdext 1.7.1 is already fully installed and working beforehand.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

knightrider
        Participant
          @knightrdrx

thanks. if i don’t remember which one i installed x86 or 64…can i just install the x86 and it will overwrite the files? i don’t know how i can tell what i have.

i should have just installed everything in the same day.

BlackPredator72
          Participant
            @blackpredator72

Can I use DMDext also for Serious Sam Pinball (Original 2017).vpx where the (virtual) DMD is on the playfield?

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t see why not. But, you have to rotate it.

BlackPredator72
              Participant
                @blackpredator72

Ok I have dmdext installed in my VPinmame folder, but how does dmdext know when to start when I start Serious Sam Pinball?

Does it work only in the Front End or can I also test it when starting Visual Pinball myself?

Thalamus
                  @thalamus

dmdext needs to be started like you suggest. Via a frontend or manually. It’s a external program.

BlackPredator72
                  Participant
                    @blackpredator72

I’m a PIN2DMD user, so normally I don’t use Dmdext? At the moment I have the Dmdext 1.7.1 (x86) folder in my C root together with some .bat files like FX3 etc. But also have a Dmdext folder in my VPinmame folder.

When I start Dmdext from Vpinmame nothing happens, when I start one of the .bat files from the C root I see a little part of the top left corner of my playfield screen on my PIN2DMD. Nothing changes when I change the resolution in the .bat file.

I got no clue which folder is the correct one, the C root was suggested by someone and here I read that it has to be installed in the Vpinmame folder.

But for testing, what do I have to do when I want to mirror the DMD from the playfield of the Serious Sam Pinball (Original 2017) table on my PIN2DMD?

Do I start Dmdext manually and then start the table?  And how does Dmdext know which part of the playfield it has to mirror?

And how to implement this when I want to start the table from the PinUP FE?

Thalamus
                      @thalamus

How ? You read the documentation for it. Once I see that you’ve actually tried and failed, then I might consider helping.

And, no, it can exist where ever you want on your harddrive. Advice though, keep it far away from any windows system folders.

BlackPredator72
                      Participant
                        @blackpredator72

Of course I read the documentation and edit the files but I’m not sure what I to expect. And like I said, I use a PIN2DMD so normally I’m not using Dmdext,

But ok, here it goes. If I execute dmdext.exe I see half a second a CMD screen.

So then I take a .bat file with the following lines:

test bat

And when I start this .bat file, the top left corner of the playfield is mirrored on the PIN2DMD:

PIN2DMD

If I change any of the numbers in the .bat files I see no difference.

And there my knowledge of dmdext ends…

coreduo0099
                        Participant
                          @coreduo0099

looks like you have it functioning in a basic way.  What I use for Pinball Arcade on a 4 monitor setup:

mirror –source=screen –position=426 26 1300 368 –d=virtual –virtual-position=4114 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true

coreduo0099
                          Participant
                            @coreduo0099

Just read the whole thread.. For serious sam, that is a UDMD table. you need to install and configure ultra DMD.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

I think he wants to mirror one of the updated DT versions. I should probably try this myself.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              Siggi
                              Participant
                                @siggi

Just installed DMDExt 1.7.1, everything is running ok, but the frezzy DMD is much slower than the original VPinMAME DMD.

I also got stuttering on the tables. (i use Force exclusive Fullscreen)

Any ideas?

outhere
                                  @outhere

Maybe Try 1.73

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmd-question/#post-115676

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Siggi
                                  Participant
                                    @siggi

I’ve tried 1.7.2 and 1.7.3.

It makes no difference.

elvinu
                                    Participant
                                      @elvinu

1.8 was just released.  I’m afraid of messing up my delicate setup in the update.  Was thinking of waiting for a video tutorial or this section to be updated. . .

For example, do we still stay away from the X64 version?

I’ve got dmddevice.dll in a few folders (like PinDMD1, PinDMD2, etc), replace them all?

What about dmddevice64.dll and dmddevicepup.dll?

Should I just copy most of my dmddevice.ini settings (true, false, locations, values) to the new dmddevice.ini?

Should I use the *.msi to install it all?

TIA

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

I advice you to do the following. Go to pinmame folder – rename dmddevice.dll to dmddevice.dll- or something. Then only take the dmddevice.dll from the 32bit version and put it inside that folder. If it doesn’t work. All you need to do is to delete that file and rename back the old one. But, I can tell you. It will work ;)

If you need dmddext – then do the same. No reason to get the new *.ini if you’ve got a working one already.

Of course, if you use the 64bit version, you have to do it for the 64bit, but I doubt that you are.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred
                                          MemberContributorModerator

1.8 was just released. I’m afraid of messing up my delicate setup in the update. Was thinking of waiting for a video tutorial or this section to be updated. . .

For example, do we still stay away from the X64 version?

I’ve got dmddevice.dll in a few folders (like PinDMD1, PinDMD2, etc), replace them all?

What about dmddevice64.dll and dmddevicepup.dll?

Should I just copy most of my dmddevice.ini settings (true, false, locations, values) to the new dmddevice.ini?

Should I use the *.msi to install it all?

TIA

To answer….

I’m in the middle of passing a kidney stone… so I’m and out of extreme kidney pain…so I can’t test right away.

What I can answer:

• nothing has changed for what files are used and where they should go
                                          • the only place that should have any files from freezy are in your VPinMAME folder…not in any sub folders. The other sub folders in VPinMAME like PinDMD1, PinDMD2, etc contained files installed from the VPX AIO. They are not needed and can be deleted.
                                          • the files in “PinupSystem\PinUPPlayerVPinMame” can be kept there. Those are the files that get copied to VPinMAME when installing pup. So those same files in VPinMAME are to be kept
                                          • backup your dmddevice.ini in VPinMAME just in case
                                          • no need to use the installer if you are fine with using the zip

64 bit files

• never install or use the x64 bit version (dmddevice64.dll). Nothing uses it (that I know of), and it can cause possible problems/confusion
                                          • the only thing that currently needs anything from the 64 bit files is dmdext.exe for TimeShock
                                          • if you have Timeshock and need this, I recommend putting the 64 bit files in a separate location/folder (not in VPinMAME) and running them from there
                                          • this is to ensure you don’t mix it up with the 32 bit dmdext.exe that is used for FX3/2
                                          • you only need dmdext.exe, ProPinballSlave.bat, dmdext.log.config from the x64 zip

outhere
                                            @outhere

I just tried the new Freezy 1.8 r122

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/freezy/dmd-extensions/history
                                            Click on    —->  1.8.0-r122
                                            Then click platform X86
                                            Then click on artifacts
                                            Then download the zip file
                                            I downloaded the Zip file – Installer\Builds\dmdext-1.8.0-r122-x86-Release.zip
                                            Freezy’s Latest Now supports color layer mode — Like the color DMD for White Water
                                            1.8 r122 — The only file I used so-far – DmdDevice.dll
                                            Seem to work fine
                                            Tested on a Pin2DMD and a LCD

A big thanks to everybody that made this happen And of course a big Thank you for all the other thing you do

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 84 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?