This topic contains 71 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  coreduo0099 2 hours ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
     outhere 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

That should not matter

NailBuster 
    ModeratorMember

what if i installed dmdext/1.71 before installing pinup? Can I undo it somehow or…i hate to do a new clean install of vpx. i haven’t installed the pinupsystem yet as i await my cabinet with pindmd3 on wednesday. just have a computer and 2 temporary monitors for now.

good news… when installing PinUP System v1.4 now it is required that freezy/dmdext 1.7.1 is already fully installed and working beforehand.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=install_guide

knightrider 
    Participant

thanks. if i don’t remember which one i installed x86 or 64…can i just install the x86 and it will overwrite the files? i don’t know how i can tell what i have.

i should have just installed everything in the same day.

BlackPredator72 
    Participant

Can I use DMDext also for Serious Sam Pinball (Original 2017).vpx where the (virtual) DMD is on the playfield?

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Don’t see why not. But, you have to rotate it.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Thalamus.
     BlackPredator72 
    Participant

Ok I have dmdext installed in my VPinmame folder, but how does dmdext know when to start when I start Serious Sam Pinball?

Does it work only in the Front End or can I also test it when starting Visual Pinball myself?

Thalamus 

dmdext needs to be started like you suggest. Via a frontend or manually. It’s a external program.

BlackPredator72 
    Participant

I’m a PIN2DMD user, so normally I don’t use Dmdext? At the moment I have the Dmdext 1.7.1 (x86) folder in my C root together with some .bat files like FX3 etc. But also have a Dmdext folder in my VPinmame folder.

When I start Dmdext from Vpinmame nothing happens, when I start one of the .bat files from the C root I see a little part of the top left corner of my playfield screen on my PIN2DMD. Nothing changes when I change the resolution in the .bat file.

I got no clue which folder is the correct one, the C root was suggested by someone and here I read that it has to be installed in the Vpinmame folder.

But for testing, what do I have to do when I want to mirror the DMD from the playfield of the Serious Sam Pinball (Original 2017) table on my PIN2DMD?

Do I start Dmdext manually and then start the table?  And how does Dmdext know which part of the playfield it has to mirror?

And how to implement this when I want to start the table from the PinUP FE?

Thalamus 

How ? You read the documentation for it. Once I see that you’ve actually tried and failed, then I might consider helping.

And, no, it can exist where ever you want on your harddrive. Advice though, keep it far away from any windows system folders.

BlackPredator72 
    Participant

Of course I read the documentation and edit the files but I’m not sure what I to expect. And like I said, I use a PIN2DMD so normally I’m not using Dmdext,

But ok, here it goes. If I execute dmdext.exe I see half a second a CMD screen.

So then I take a .bat file with the following lines:

test bat

And when I start this .bat file, the top left corner of the playfield is mirrored on the PIN2DMD:

PIN2DMD

If I change any of the numbers in the .bat files I see no difference.

And there my knowledge of dmdext ends…

coreduo0099 
    Participant

looks like you have it functioning in a basic way.  What I use for Pinball Arcade on a 4 monitor setup:

mirror –source=screen –position=426 26 1300 368 –d=virtual –virtual-position=4114 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true

coreduo0099 
    Participant

Just read the whole thread.. For serious sam, that is a UDMD table. you need to install and configure ultra DMD.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account