Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 355 total)
  • Author
    Thaoddie
    Participant
      @thaoddie

Thanks Scott and all the others for this amazing work. It looks stunning and plays very nice.

I had a couple of issue with the table: after you played the 3 balls and start a new game the main theme music stops (quit VP and restart solves it until next new game)

Also I had the ball stuck in several places. Luckily the ball is reset and returns in the game after a while.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Pinbot
      Participant
        @pinbot

Amazing work with this table . Lost many hours this weekend to it.  Thank you very much for the amount of work you have put into it.

Only issue I have had , is similar to others , and its the music dropping out on occasions , for me its when  Harry Potter says ” I love magic “. Then like magic the music stops. Sometimes if I keep playing for a while longer the music will start up again.

bil
        Participant
          @bilil1

Hello, this table is quite beautiful, but personally, I have a problem. I play on a desktop and I did not know how to install the modern versions including “pin up player”.
          I’m old school and play conventional vpx tables

Wouldn’t it be possible to have a simplified version like “ckpin” did for the “WOZ” table ?

Obviously, if it requires too much work, it should not be done, I would not want it to complicate the task of the creator !

BIL
          A veteran of gopinball and vpforums

fastdraw
          Participant
            @fastdraw

currently
            the best table of all those offered
            beautiful and innovative.

do not hesitate to change the  environment emission image by hdri 2k, breathtaking result for some.

gtriolet
            Participant
              @gtriolet

Thanks for a great table!!!! :

etakeo
              Participant
                @etakeo

Hi guys. First thing I’d like to thanks for this amazing table. It’s really fantastic.

Want to share my experience. I got the v.50 just now and it keep losing the ball at some time and don’t release other.

Sounds also get mute after some time playing.

Mini game some times is showed some times not. And even when I can see it, I can’t control anything.

Anyway it is one of the best table I’ve played ever. Thanks.

lonchaney
                Participant
                  @lonchaney

Hello, first, thanks A LOT for this incredible masterpiece, I love it. I’m not into Harry Potter, but anyway, I cannot stop playing this great table. :P So again, a big thank you! My only problem is I cannot close pinupplayer in PinballY, only on this table (Transformer, Tron, Jaws, etc work perfectly.). I even tried the kill script from MJR and then I get an invalid pointer error. No problem when I use only VPX. I tried 0.49 and 0.50, with and without realDMD, with and without DOF. When I used 0.39, however,  everything was fine about the exit to PinballY.

Arrestis
                  Participant
                    @arrestis

I love this table but I am unable to get it working with my tilt bob, I can roll the ball arround my Cab with no warnings or tilt. I can make it tilt using tilt keys but not using the analogue tilt. has anyone with a tilt bob had this issue? BTW tilt works with no issue on other tables.

skullmonkey911
                    Participant
                      @skullmonkey911

@Scottywic: Awesome and Outstanding.

@Everbody else: Don’t panic, we are only at version 0.5. So there is much room for bugfixes ;) I just checked the script, I was literally shocked how complex the rules are!

bug report: I’m not sure if it’s just me, but der table version in orbital online score is wrong. It shows table version 0.41 using version 0.50 (my scores tab) ?

mwong168
                      Participant
                        @mwong168

My game will not load the pup pack. is anyone else having this problem.

Read here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/harry-potter-the-goblet-of-fire/page/3/?view=all#post-162378

First off thanks Scottywic for this amazing table and I’ve been enjoying this since downloading the beta last summer.

I’m having the same issue with the PUP pack not loading even after updating to the latest version 1.4.4.  What is weird is if I open the beta the PUP pack loads just fine but on v0.50 it does not.  Other table PUP packs seem to work too and right now i am launching straight from VPX and not a front end.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

lonchaney
                        Participant
                          @lonchaney

My game will not load the pup pack. is anyone else having this problem.

Read here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/harry-potter-the-goblet-of-fire/page/3/?view=all#post-162378

First off thanks Scottywic for this amazing table and I’ve been enjoying this since downloading the beta last summer.

I’m having the same issue with the PUP pack not loading even after updating to the latest version 1.4.4. What is weird is if I open the beta the PUP pack loads just fine but on v0.50 it does not. Other table PUP packs seem to work too and right now i am launching straight from VPX and not a front end. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks.

I had to download the last puppack to make it work. Go to instructions.

Croppie1Kenobi
                          Participant
                            @croppie1kenobi

Such a nice table thank you! I don’t seem to have DOF working for pop bumpers and slings? Maybe something I need to change in script. Running latest DOF.

bietekwiet
                            Participant
                              @bietekwiet

Scottywic, you’re a downright genius!

This table is totally addictive, fantastic! Great artistic design and the choreography and rythm is so good.

I love all the different elements: the potion mixer, the launcher (what a great idea to launch Potter on a Quidditch broom), the lock ball elektro magnetic field, the videos, the mini games, the score board…

The maze of the castle corridors is really well represented in the ramps , etc…

It is not just pinball, it is an experience.

I just finished my first mini pincab a couple of weeks ago and this game feels like a gift for finishing it.

Now I need to play your other two tables as well.

Thank you!!

Here’s a video of playing Harry Potter on my 2 screen pincab. The Pupdmd works really well over the width of the second screen:

marie
                              Participant
                                @marie

Wow thanks Scotty! You are the real wizard, not Harry! :rose:

kaferbeetle
                                Participant
                                  @kaferbeetle

hi everyone, nice table but i Don’t have the puppack ? can anybody help me ?

thanks !

TerryRed
                                    @terryred
                                    MemberContributorModerator

Hello, this table is quite beautiful, but personally, I have a problem. I play on a desktop and I did not know how to install the modern versions including “pin up player”.

I’m old school and play conventional vpx tables

Wouldn’t it be possible to have a simplified version like “ckpin” did for the “WOZ” table ?

Obviously, if it requires too much work, it should not be done, I would not want it to complicate the task of the creator !

BIL

A veteran of gopinball and vpforums

PuP is required for the table. That won’t change. It’s used for all aspects of the table….score…text…audio…music…videos…etc.

May as well get used to installing PuP as any updates I do to FP tables with also be using PuP.

Go here for helpful info and also a link about using this table on one screen.

outhere
                                      @outhere
                                      MemberContributorvipModerator

thanks !

Same place as the game under Installation

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      kaferbeetle
                                      Participant
                                        @kaferbeetle

thanks !

Same place as the game under Installation

oups… i must change my glasses … B-)

thanks

kds70
                                        Participant
                                          @kds70

Such a nice table thank you! I don’t seem to have DOF working for pop bumpers and slings? Maybe something I need to change in script. Running latest DOF.

Screenshot_2020-02-10 DOF Configtool

Maybe you are using a 8 toy config ? Those 8 toy bumpers are not configured at this time. You can do it yourself if you know what you are doing :mail:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

TerryRed
                                            @terryred
                                            MemberContributorModerator

Screenshot_2020-02-10 DOF Configtool

Maybe you are using a 8 toy config ? Those 8 toy bumpers are not configured at this time. You can do it yourself if you know what you are doing :mail:

For 8 toy solenoids… you would be better off just making 2 combos. One for your Middle Left and back Left solenoids, and another for middle right and rear right solenoids.

This way ALL tables with 10 solenoids will work the same as if they supported 8 (since it combines the solenoids)… and you won’t need to worry about tables not having 8 solenoids support (since it’s an old standard now), but they do have 10 solenoid support (the current standard).

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 355 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?