Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982)

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    TGX
    Participant
      @tgxperience

Not sure if anyone else has this but playfield flippers in upper level are not working at all for me.Other than that this is one of the best tables there is for VPX.  I am running VPX 10.5.

xenonph
      Participant
        @xenonph
        MemberContributor

I think they are activated with Left and Right Magna-Save keys.

You can go into table script and change Line 90 from…

FlipperKeyMod = 1

to

FlipperKeyMod = 2

and the upper flippers will work with regular flipper buttons.

PEandS1Ws
        Participant
          @peands1ws

I had the same issue with upper playfield flippers

Found this in the WIP thread and updated it to the correct line numbers in the current script

To map upper flippers to same as reg flippers…

Starting On LINE 2065 in table script, you will see this…

If keycode = LeftMagnaSave and GameInPlay then FlipperUL.RotateToEnd:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperup”)
          If keycode = RightMagnaSave and GameInPlay then FlipperUR.RotateToEnd:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperup”)

Change to…

If keycode = 42 and GameInPlay then FlipperUL.RotateToEnd:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperup”)
          If keycode = 54 and GameInPlay then FlipperUR.RotateToEnd:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperup”)

Then go down to and starting at LINE 2106, you will see this..

If keycode = LeftMagnaSave and GameInPlay then FlipperUL.RotateToStart:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperdown”)
          If keycode = RightMagnaSave and GameInPlay then FlipperUR.RotateToStart:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperdown”)

Change to…

If keycode = 42 and GameInPlay then FlipperUL.RotateToStart:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperdown”)
          If keycode = 54 and GameInPlay then FlipperUR.RotateToStart:PlaySound Soundfx(“fx_Flipperdown”) 

Upper flippers will now work when regular flippers are pressed.

dartg
          Participant
            @dartg

Thanks cyberpez !

My best tables !

But I have a problem  :scratch:
            I apologize in advance because I am very very new and I do not know the exact terms :whistle:
            I play in VR and it works 98%. B-)
            I have a small problem of display on the vertical panel but it is not too important but the most annoying is that the ball remains stuck in the “holes” to the right of the one who brings the ball to the lower floor. There are 2/3 impulses but it stays there and there is nothing I can do.

boulecoince

:unsure:

Thalamus
              @thalamus
              ContributorMemberModerator

It has been a while since I played this table last. So, maybe something has happened to VP since then. But, first question. Have you maybe changed the z-scale ? Often tables can break if you do.

dartg
              Participant
                @dartg

No i haven’t touched anything
                just FlipperKeyMod = 1 to 2 to works

edit : In No VR , works , no bug … strange

edit 2 : HE WORKS !  :yahoo:     With vpinballx_gl 10.6  (the vpinballx_gl 10.7 bug )

I only have visual problems but the table is perfectly operational in VR

jrockrat
                Participant
                  @jrockrat

Any idea why every time I use the flippers it freezes the ball on the playfield? The ball stops moving but sits and spins. When I use the flippers again it “releases” the ball from the stuck position until I use the flippers again and the ball stops on the playfield again and just spins.
                  Thanks

cyberpez
                  Participant
                    @cyberpez

Any idea why every time I use the flippers it freezes the ball on the playfield? The ball stops moving but sits and spins. When I use the flippers again it “releases” the ball from the stuck position until I use the flippers again and the ball stops on the playfield again and just spins.

Thanks

I wonder if you have one of your flippers mapped to C key.  This table has Roth’s manual ball control code manually added in before it was built into VP.  If so try commenting out this section of the script.

c key

Attachments:
                    1 user thanked author for this post.
                    rothbauerw
                      @rothbauerw
                      ModeratorContributorMembervip

Thanks

Sounds like your key assignments are triggering manual ball control.  Comment or disable manual ball control in the script.

Current Project: Perpetual updates of VPX physics.

jrockrat
                      Participant
                        @jrockrat

I thought it had to be something like that but I didn’t see anything in the key mapping. I didn’t think to look thru the script. I do have a flipper mapped to C. I’ll look for that in the script. I found the Creature from the Black Lagoon does the same thing so it would be great to fix both of these. Much thanks to both of you for the help.

jamosb
                        Participant
                          @jamosb

finding ball gets stuck in holes sometimes..other than that great table and yes i have magna saves for my 2nd flippers.

cyberpez
                          Participant
                            @cyberpez

What holes?  Have a pic?

Dunard
                            Participant
                              @dunard

Look like the upstairs flippers doesn’t work at all. When the ball go into the basement the flippers from upstairs should’ve been working. Now I haven’t play the Haunted House in a while now. I did found a video of the real machine in play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3lhRHXGSiY

I don’t know why the flippers upstairs aren’t working period. You could add a a huge trigger on the upstairs room to enable the flippers when hit and disable when unhit.

I marking this not fully working on the Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982) folder.

Thalamus
                                @thalamus
                                ContributorMemberModerator

@dunard : Read the thread. It is explaining that you should use the magna save buttons. Or, change the script option.

Dunard
                                Participant
                                  @dunard

Which of the buttons to push for the upstairs flippers?

Dunard
                                  Participant
                                    @dunard

Here is the Upstairs flippers fixed. Copy the script from the New Text Document (2).txt and then paste it over the old one. Save as Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982) 1.0 Fixed. Copy just the trigger and light from the SAVE.vpx and then paste those into the Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982) 1.0 Fixed.vpx. Don’t copy and paste the wall. Under the trigger. Take your time doing this.

Works just like this now. Welcome.

I’ll upload another fix later. I forgot to disabled the flippers on the play field when the ball upstairs. lol

If you watch the video. Sometimes the ball go into the basement and then have to come back out. I don’t know why it does that. I mean the target light is lit and the ball went in. This is very confusing.

Dunard
                                    Participant
                                      @dunard

Correct way on the flippers. Basement and upstairs works at the same time. Play field works alone. Upstairs works alone. Fixed #2 and final.

I would’ve done this quicker earlier but I needed to rest.

Attachments:
                                      cyberpez
                                      Participant
                                        @cyberpez

The flippers worked correctly from the get go…..  Do you have Manga Save buttons?  If you do, those control the upper and lower flippers. (exactly like the real table)  If not you can set this option in the script just like Thalamus mentioned above.  (2)

keys

Tom
                                        Participant
                                          @armyaviation
                                          MemberContributor

I read just the third page of the support thread and the flippers were explained at least twice, C’mon man, let’s start reading these things

btw, fun table and I would love to have the real table, anyone comment of the actual table play, is it fun, does it get old quick?.  With 800 tables I hardly ever play the same table frequently

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?