Haunted House (Gottlieb 1982)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    cyberpez
    Participant
      @cyberpez

https://vpinball.com/?post_type=cmdm_page&p=101926

Back not long after I finished up Black HOle.  Someone in a random thread mentioned someone should do  Haunted House.  Hauntfreaks “nominated cyberpez”  I said sure but only if resources were available.  Not long after that bodydump dumped his playfied redraws, plastic scans and ton of gathered images of the table.  Now I was stuck….  so I got to work.

I had a working table fairly quick but doing what I do best I stalled out and moved onto something else.  Arconovum messaged me and asked if he could take a look at where I was with it.  He added his FSS and tons of other visual stuff.  At this ping it was really looking great but not done, so I put out a beta and let it sit again.  That was a year ago…

Fast forward to about 6 months ago as tmnt was wrapping up. I decided to dig back into this hard and finish it up.  With lots of new tricks up my sleeves it came together pretty quick.  Another bonus was getting to play a real one not to long ago.  Lots of last minute tweaks and reworks to add in details from the real table.  I think/hope everyone will agree the wait was worth it.

As always check the top of the script, lots of options.  Also table works with 6 and 7 digit ROM.

So, big thanks to!!

Bodydump – for providing his playfield redraws and plastic scans

Wrd1972 – Countless back and forths. Physics, lots of physics, helping get the table rebuilt and sized right, testing and feedback.

rothbauerw – putting up with Wrd and me.  For also being a code wizard, and making the impossible seem simple.

Arconovum – For adding his FSS, tons of little details here and there.  In general getting me excited to work on this again.

Bord for his awesome new Gottleib flippers (I did the small upper one myself, it turned out to good to not use)

Dark – I’m sure there are some Dark nuts and bolts in here somewhere.

DJRobX: SSF code and thanks to RustyCardores for showing me the way, you can’t go back!!  Ball drop tweaks by Roth and me.

Arngrim – Lots of back and forth to get the DOF just right,  Be sure to update your configs!

Last but not least the developers and other table authors.  This community is nothing without everyone doing their part!!!!!!

Happy Halloween…. Enjoy!!!

-cp

Total of 40 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      BorgDog
      Participant
        @borgdog
        MemberContributorvip

sweet!

BorgDog
        Participant
          @borgdog
          MemberContributorvip

Oh, probably not the best time to mention this, but I have measurement confirmation on 2 system 80 widebodies, Amazing Spider-Man and Eclipse.  the playfield dimensions on both those are 23 7/8″ x 47 7/8″. I have a feeling all the system 80 widebodies are likely that dimension instead of the 23 3/4″ x 46 1/2″ that is in the vp dimension manager.  :unsure:    At some point I will redo my spider-man table (probably not until I strip my real one down to level inserts, clear then scan), oh and I do have a wip on Eclipse as well (single level Black Hole basically) just waiting on some plastics scans a nice pinsider was going to get me.

drickman156
          Participant
            @drickman156

Awesome, can’t wait to try it tonight! Thanks for all your hard work and sticking with it. A happy Halloween indeed.  :yahoo:

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Great table! thanks all who contributed  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

Gwen
              Participant
                @gwen

Great table!  Thanks for the hard work!

Gwen
                - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

arconovum
                Participant
                  @nicholaschristopher
                  MemberContributor

thanks everyone and cyberpez for persisting all this time to finish it off, really enjoying this table, I love Halloween!

Ben Logan2
                  Participant
                    @benlogan2

A real list of all-stars on the list of contributors. Result looks fantastic. Thanks, CP!

Kalavera3
                    Participant
                      @kalavera3

Many thanks to all those who worked so hard to enjoy this great table, the wait was worth it, to enjoy now! :good:

bord
                        @bord
                        MembervipContributorModerator

Really excited for this one. Thanks for all your work and willingness to share your skills.

EDIT: Just played a few games. Man, those saucer physics… so well done.

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

I was blessed to having an opportunity to test this out recently, lovely job done here.  It not only looks fantastic it also plays as good as it looks and it shows you got a chance to play a real one recently

Halloween?  This feels more like Christmas with such a gift!!  Happy Halloween to all

Jesperpark
                          Participant
                            @jesperpark

Looks amazing, and I’m sure it will play just as good as it looks.

Thanks Cyberpez and all other who contributed to this fantastic table :good:

randr
                            Keymaster
                              @randr
                              ModeratorMember

Just tried this on my cab and really is beautifully done. Great job and will get played this week and many other times but it’s perfect table for Halloween.

Thanks again :good:

********************************************************
                              Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                              for IOS and Android

********************************************************

robertms
                              Participant
                                @mophead

Absolutely fantastic, your best table yet CP  :good:

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

Just woke up and found the jewel being shared. It means, I’m getting up earlier than planned so I’ll have time to try it out. Reading the release info, knowing that the beta was already a good table. I can’t be anything less than excited.

Thank you so much CP w/team. :yahoo:

tommygavinrocks
                                  Participant
                                    @tommygavinrocks

Thank you for another great table. Looks and plays amazingly.

Draifet
                                    Participant
                                      @draifet

Thanks! I will remember this table as the best beta ever released.

I love the new Lazyman flippers option haha, I love that as u said there’s lot of things to customize on the script.

wrd1972
                                      Participant
                                        @wrd1972
                                        MembervipContributor

Congrats on the release CP. This one was a real treat to help out on. Everything really came together nicely. I really wish I had the opportunity to play the real thing to better get a feel for the physics, but the last time I did, was likely 1982. LOL. However, I might get an opportunity in late November because I think there is going to be one at the Cincinnati Pinball show coming up.

Bord,

Roth did a terrific job on the saucer physics for the table. I was so pleased with them, I added them to my Bugs Bunny table and my Bride of Pinbot table as well. Unfortunately, they can ONLY work with a raised playfield. That is, until the engine can support a true “hole” on the zero units “playfield’ plane.

My VP Pincab /MAME Arcade Specs: MSI Micro-ATX Z390m MOBO, Core I5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 16GB NVRAM, Nvidia 1660 Super,

40" PF Sony gaming LED TV, Dual 23" monitors in the backbox , Pinscape w. expansion board, Full DOF - Full MAME arcade support

bord
                                          @bord
                                          MembervipContributorModerator

Roth did a terrific job on the saucer physics for the table. I was so pleased with them, I added them to my Bugs Bunny table and my Bride of Pinbot table as well. Unfortunately, they can ONLY work with a raised playfield. That is, until the engine can support a true “hole” on the zero units “playfield’ plane.

I figured as much. Hopefully when development continues we can hold this up as an example of what we’d like to see happen natively with kicker physics. It is a glaring chink in the armor currently.

BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

I figured as much. Hopefully when development continues we can hold this up as an example of what we’d like to see happen natively with kicker physics. It is a glaring chink in the armor currently.

That and the target bank issue, was playing the real pinball pool yesterday and had the ball sweep down the drops and take out 5 of them, no way that would happen in vp without a lot of weird custom script hacks.

Excellent work CP, played a few games on the laptop, can’t wait to get back and try it on the big cab.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 59 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?