Hi-Score Pool (Chicago Coin 1971)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Jesperpark
    Participant
      @jesperpark

I’m just posting to “bump” peoples memories on this table.  I ended up playing this the other day and played for about 2 hours on it.  Just an enjoyable game  :good:

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I so agree with you there Jesper.

Mark70
        Participant
          @mark70

Thanks for the pointer @Jesperpark, I indeed forgot to to load the table when it was released!
          Looks like fun, like the rollover tables.

jbg4208
          Participant
            @jbg4208

For some reason I get lots of micro stutter with this table. I wouldn’t think this would be that demanding of a table. Maybe the rotating shooter, not sure. Any Ideas?  :scratch:

Gwen
            Participant
              @gwen

Has anyone else had issues with the ball rolling animation being very stuttery?  This is the only table I have this issue with- and I have over 300 tables on my cab.

Gwen
              - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

jbg4208
              Participant
                @jbg4208

yep, all systems I have, have this same issue with this table.

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

you could try and select all 15 PrimBalls and under physics check toy never collidable and see if it helps with the stutter? same with Primitive 28….and all the nut primitives. would probably fix the stutter

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                  So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                  for IOS and Android

BorgDog
                  Participant
                    @borgdog
                    MemberContributorvip

weirdly it runs great on my work computer, but is also janky on my home computer.  of course I have settings set much lower on my work computer but I did not expect that.  A couple things going on that I see off the bat (fresh download).  the primitive balls are crazy high poly count, not static because they move, and worst of all for some reason they are set to collideable!?

If someone wants to test it out, select the PrimBalls collection and under physics check Toy (never collidable.. and see if that makes a difference.  I’d test it, but like I say it oddly works fine on my work computer.

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

works fine on my cab too @borgdog but yes all the prims are collidable even nuts and screws :wacko:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                      for IOS and Android

jbg4208
                      Participant
                        @jbg4208

I know I have everything set to a toy. I did remember playing this when it first came out and was super smooth. the massive frame drops came after one of the updates. 1.1 or 1.2. don’t remember which one for sure. Also looked on VPforums and there are others that have the same issue. Some say disabling windows defender fixed the issue. Also others said that the ball rolling sounds caused some issues. very strange for sure. I’m going to try the windows defender and rolling ball sounds and see if either of those help.

EDIT : disabling windows defender made it smooth. but I have never had to do that on any other table. what would cause that to happen with this table only? I havent tried replacing the rolling sounds yet. Will try that this afternoon because my cab is connected to the interwebs.

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

weird.  I don’t have defender running on my work computer, but it is on the laptop that was janky this morning…. I blame it on @stat, he started this table :)  just kidding stat.

jbg4208
                          Participant
                            @jbg4208

Ok, it has something to do with the rolling ball sounds. You can disable the timer and all runs smooth even with defender on.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

comment out lines 782 through 785 and see if that fixes it. those lines read:

For ll = 1 to 15
                              EVAL(“Lighta”&ll).state=EVAL(“light”&ll).state
                              EVAL(“Lightb”&ll).state=EVAL(“light”&ll).state
                              Next

those eval statements do a butt load of work for what they are.  I’ve had issues with them in the past and usually try not to use them, but putting that in a timer of 10 will put a lot of overhead in that’s not needed… will find a better way to sync the lights.  there are basically 3 in each of the balls to give them the look we wanted, and those statement syncs the 3.

jbg4208
                              Participant
                                @jbg4208

Confirmed, that does work. But of course now it is hard to tell what balls are still not hit with it leaving the secondary lights on.

BorgDog
                                Participant
                                  @borgdog
                                  MemberContributorvip

yup.  I’ll figure out a different way to do it and clean up the script some and post an update… and try not to get into doing a full update…

yikes, looking through some more I have a lot of those eval statements in there…

bord
                                    @bord
                                    MembervipContributorModerator

If only you could render a lit and unlit ball texture in Blender and do away with stacks of 2D lighting for a single object…

Or we could all just hold our breath for dynamic lighting in VP11.

jbg4208
                                    Participant
                                      @jbg4208

:good:

Gwen
                                      Participant
                                        @gwen

Wow, thanks guys!

Gwen
                                        - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

BorgDog
                                        Participant
                                          @borgdog
                                          MemberContributorvip

I can’t even get my damn reflective metal wall renders to come out how I want in blender  bah!

that and need the shine on the surrounding table still…. almost got update done…

bord
                                            @bord
                                            MembervipContributorModerator

Gotta do some rendered flashers for the shine on the playfield. B-)

It has been at least a year since I’ve fired this game up but I remember really liking it. Looking forward to the update.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?