Hook (Data East 1992) VPW Mod

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Vpin Workshop
    Participant
      @vpinworkshop

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/hook-data-east-1992-vpw-mod/

BANGARAAANG!! Hook Table Tune-Up by members of VPin Workshop Discord. This one was supposed to be just a fast physics update, but we ended up rebuilding almost the whole table. Added some Flupper inserts, Skitso-style inserts, new flashers, Fleep SSF sounds, latest nFozzy physics, some new textures, Ramp rework, plastics, VRRoom, countless hours of tweaks and testing.

–          Inserts: iaakki, Skitso

–          nFozzy physics: Benji, iaakki

–          Re-alignment: Sixtoe, Cyberpez, Skitso, iaakki

–          Ramps: Tomate

–          Fleep Sounds: iaakki

–          Lighting: iaakki, Sixtoe, Skitso

–          Plastics: Sheltemke, iaakki, Tomate, sixtoe

–          VRRoom: Sixtoe

–          Miscellaneous tweaks: Skitso, Cyberpez, iaakki, Sixtoe, Tomate

–          Testing: Rik, VPW team

This release would not have been possible without the legacy of those who came before us including, most notably, Javier and Dark. Thanks to all before us.

Thank you to Flupper for 3D insert techniques. Thank you to Rothbauerw for nFozzy physics. Thanks you to Fleep for sounds.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Another great release by you guys. Downloaded it yesterday off VPF I believe, and you guys did not disappoint. Thanks a lot.

makmak
        Participant
          @makmak

Indeed, you make “not so very interesting” tables (for my taste) to addictive ones…!!! Great job again, dudes, thanks a lot for sharing your passion!

Friffy1
          Participant
            @friffy1

In general, I tend to shy away from mods.  I prefer my replicas to look and play as closely to the actual tables.  So, while they look/sound cool, I don’t go in for graphical/aural mods just for the sake of changing them.

I’d love to understand something…   In the case of Vpin Workshop’s modding, I’d really like to understand the team’s goal.  Is it to make tables look and play more like their physical counterparts?  Or is it more about personal preference changes?  Or something else?

Arvid
            Participant
              @arvid84

Thanks for the hard work that went into this! Played it in VR and was blown away by the visuals. The lighting (LUT?) works really well and gives this table the right atmosphere. Now I want to rewatch the movie!

Skitso
              Participant
                @skitso

Is it to make tables look and play more like their physical counterparts?

This. :)

2 users thanked author for this post.
                bord
                  @bord
                  MembervipContributorModerator

Excellent work, VPW! Looks better than it ever has and I love the roth/nfozzy physics, especially.

Sixtoe
                  Participant
                    @kiella

“Mod” just means “Modification of another vpx version”, not modification or altering from the real machine. so this is a “Mod” of Javiers VPX version to update it using all the tricks we’ve learned ;)

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    TNT2
                    Participant
                      @tnt2

Excellent work. Definitely an underrated table.

ragano
                      Participant
                        @ragano

THANKS Guys! Every VPinWorkshop shot is a GOAL!!!!  Your Collection is ever more rich and more Beautiful!

I could say a “DREAM TEAM”!

I’m already waiting for the next!

Joey Beaulieu
                        Participant
                          @godisnothere

You guys are a force of nature! Loving what you puting out! Thank you!

The Overlayer Slayer

iaakki
                          Participant
                            @iaakki

I’d love to understand something… In the case of Vpin Workshop’s modding, I’d really like to understand the team’s goal. Is it to make tables look and play more like their physical counterparts? Or is it more about personal preference changes? Or something else?

So VPW’s original point was just to include NFozzy physics to tables. That single thing(although being quite complex) makes these tables so much better. We got a bit carried away.. Going into details like that ball bounces on flip, when you spam the other flip. Easy way to slow it down and this works on some real cabinets. And we always try to make it look, play and sound as original as possible. There is something really epic stuff in the works and this Hook was just something that we had to get out now.

For our releasing method. We’d like that the original table authors could release our version as an update to their version. Most of the time we end up releasing as a separate mod, especially if the original author is not that active anymore. Mod releases are just waste of rows in the spreadsheet and every one should really think it through before releasing one.

Friffy1
                            Participant
                              @friffy1

This. :)

“Mod” just means “Modification of another vpx version”, not modification or altering from the real machine.

iaakki wrote:

we always try to make it look, play and sound as original as possible.

I very much appreciate those responses!  Exactly what I wanted to hear!  I’m just generally turned off by other mods where the mods are more “I really think blue flippers look better than the original red” or “This music is so much cooler than the original.”  That kind of thing.  Or the worse ones “I made it better” without details what exactly was made “better.”

Anyway, I’m in!!!  Can’t wait to give this one a go!

Thanks again!

Numiah
                              Participant
                                @numiah

For some reason no music is present in my 501 rom.
                                Setting volume with ~ doesn’t make a difference.
                                Odd.

EDIT : I think I figured it out. 501 has the music modded out for PUPPack use.
                                EDIT2 : Uhmm, nope. Not that.

Bally widebody - i5-4690 - 16Gb - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF - Nvidia GTX1660Ti 6Gb - 256GbM.2 - 60Gb SSD (Win10Pro) - Samsung 49" 4K UHDR - 30" LG Backglass - 17" LCD dmd - iPad as topper - Ledwiz - Teensy - iPac32 - 8 Contactors - 5 Flashers - Gear - Shaker - Knocker - Addressable strips and matrix - 2 Strobes - RGB under cab - RGB buttons - 3-axis Tiltbob

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Numiah.
                                • This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Numiah.
                                jas722
                                Participant
                                  @jas722

I need VPW to make VR versions of every table!

Your releases are really impressive, thanks so much.

bombaj35
                                  Participant
                                    @bombaj35

Jeśli ktoś nie lubi mod , to nie musi pobierać :) Jak dla mnie to wyszło idealnie .Mega klimat , kolorystyka fizyka i ogrom pracy .Dziękuję i czekam na więcej :)

Manolo / ICE
                                    Participant
                                      @kamerik

Holy cow ! The table looks great ! Thank you :yahoo:

godrulox
                                      Participant
                                        @godrulox

For some reason the setLUT option in the script doesn’t work for me. It always defaults to the dark natural tint no matter what option I choose. Using magsav works but I want it to be set as default. Anybody else having this problem ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        outhere
                                          @outhere
                                          MemberContributorvipModerator

The Vpin Workshop did a fantastic job on this game

@numiah
                                            @godrulox

Hopefully the LUT will be fixed in the update when they do one
                                          You’re going need some or all of the other hook roms to get the sound

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus
                                            ContributorMemberModerator

If you want to change the lut. Then just disable the selector in the script, pick the one you want in the background dropdown. The routine is using LUT_x_7 – so if you want the first one LUT_1_7 … sencond LUT_2_7 etc.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?