This topic contains 44 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  randr 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Author
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

I just caught another mouse in the house! A big one!! How the hell did it get in?

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

STAT 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

Start the “Bad Cat” Table, and all will be good ;-)

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

I just caught another mouse in the house! A big one!! How the hell did it get in?

If the head passes the rest passes no matter how fat..

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

It’s fat because it’s been there a while already. B-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

B9CB9DB9-0E82-46F0-8C56-92E3DD22F91DHave not been in my lower garage for a while and look what has happened to my cars! Omg I’m building a water trap right now!!!

Currently playing around with FP to VP conversions. Nothing serious just trying to have fun.

Thalamus 

Water traps are very effective and cheap to build.

2 users thanked author for this post.
     randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

414F23C3-7903-4A4B-A209-87043D4C422AHere is my quick build lol.

its been a couple months since I was in lower garage so not sure if patching the roof vents fixed issue as this damage could have been from 2 months ago.

arconovum 
    Participant
    MemberContributor

infamous peanut butter trap!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

DBCA5B97-B7AB-4CD8-A0F7-3E21A25103BF6496FEE8-ECDF-43E4-BE7C-B810050D4C38I’m almost embarrassed to show more damage photos but it’s my lower garage I built in back wooded area.. here is a before and after of my blue 426 hemi charger

I picked up more stainless wool and finish plugging the peak vent shrinkage today and set water trap. Will see if anything is even still in garage? I spent 3 hours cleaning cars and never saw or heard a thing in garage

Thalamus 

Make sure that the stairs to the trap is about 45 degrees. I’ve been told that from some odd reason mouse can’t resist climbing obstacles about that degree. Why ? Don’t ask me. I’m just the messenger B-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Just checked down in shop and whole inside smells of peanut butter(i never have any food in building) and no signs of anything yet. will keep ya posted. Sadly i was hoping for a bucket full. lol

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Well I checked lower garage this morning expecting a bucket full and nothing. No signs of any activity inside so not sure what to say. Will give it some more time but now my whole shop smells like peanut butter and I’m scared I will attract even more now that there is food.

Thalamus 

I see the dilemma – but, your goal is to keep them out and then you kind of have to trust your now wonderful smelling garage is impenetrable. Your previous pictures kind of proves the opposite. I’m pretty sure that if there is mice in there they will fall into the bucket if it is properly made. The rolling bottle is proven to be very effective as long as it is properly made. If it is not, they can often get to the bait without it turning. Why don’t you put your $40 investment towards the bucket ? B-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Yeah I thought about putting motion camera in garage. I don’t think any are in garage now the damage may very well have been done before I plunged peak vent with wool. Time will tell that’s for sure.

the bucket trap will work and if any mice got to bait I would be able to tell I smoothed peanut butter out so I could see if anything got to bait they would leave marks

The Loafer 
    Participant

I put a motion sensor camera in my garage.  In the summer I get daily doses of bugs flying in front or on the camera. Blech!

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Last night at front door!!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/liqas9u9amdu5jh/Video%20Nov%2026%2C%2011%2048%2033%20AM.mp4?dl=0

Thalamus 

I would be more worried if it went up and didn’t come down again ;-)   Maybe it bit into something it didn’t like ? :unsure:   ;-)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

@thalamus that’s my front door of house. It’s like an invasion this time of year! Yet to see another in house but jeezus they are sure trying to get in.

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Ok! Bucket trap update.

one mouse in bucket I will spare you the photo but that’s good news! I’m guessing there may not be anymore in garage but we will see what happens over the next few days. I smoothed out peanut butter again so I’ll know if it fails but it only had one mark on it from that one mouse tonight. At least it’s progress…

robertms 
    Participant

@randr I feel your frustration. My wife went to clean and cover our outdoor grill ahead of the snowstorm yesterday and found 5 mice nested inside! We haven’t used the grill in a few weeks but c’mon! They pulverized and peed on everything inside, what a mess. We’re pretty much ready to set the whole thing on fire, lol. So thanks for all the tips guys, just ordered a 2-pack of the walk-the-plank traps on eBay.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account