KK VUK

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Participant
      @armyaviation
      MemberContributor

Ahhh, was wondering why it was featured in the title, makes sense

Tom
      Participant
        @armyaviation
        MemberContributor

I am doing a table now with 2 of these, and now I know what they are called.  is this the same mechanism used on this table?

maxresdefault

If not does anyone know of another table that uses this piece that I can grab one from

cyberpez
        Participant
          @cyberpez

@armyaviation  Does the ball go up or down?  (it has an arrow pointing down is why I ask) I do not think I’ve seen one quite like that, but would not be hard to make.  When you are ready hit me up and we’ll see what we can figure out.

Tom
          Participant
            @armyaviation
            MemberContributor

I’m not sure but I can find out.

Scotty VH
              @scottt
              ModeratorMember

The ball goes up.

cyberpez
              Participant
                @cyberpez

“small” progress update.  I spent the last little big roughing in all of the plastics and whatnot.  Table is pretty complete and playable minus needing to finish up the redraws.  So I started to try and finish up some of the redraws ;-)   Just finished up the middle of the playfield kong.  (the inking)  still need to go back and color it, but I love when its just the black outline.  Looks so sharp!!!  Also included a few other snippets of other resend details.  Playfield is getting close…  Still need to do the big kong on the bottom of the playfield…  saving that for last.  Need to do most all of the text and insert text..   Getting there…  still a month or two left in redrawing, but getting close.  Good news is by the time I fishing all the plastics and whatnot, I’ll just need to drop them into the table and call it done!!!!

kk6kk5

Shannon
                Participant
                  @shannon1

Fantastic work, as always. I can’t wait to play this rare table.

Scotty VH
                    @scottt
                    ModeratorMember

Not to nag, but do you have any redraw updates to share, @cyberpez ?

cyberpez
                    Participant
                      @cyberpez

Not to nag, but do you have any redraw updates to share, @cyberpez ?

Ha, sorry I move slow.  Upper playfield is pretty much done, unless I decide to go back and tweak some things.  I also colored in the mid playfield Kong.  Working on the “DMD” image now for something different.  Not much to show on that yet though…

MidKong

upper_pf

1 user thanked author for this post.
                      cyberpez
                      Participant
                        @cyberpez

I spent the last couple weeks re-drawing the “dmd area” plastic..  I’m real happy with how it turned out.   I started with just doing the actual DMD area…  but then went back through all my pics and found that the plastic is actually much bigger….  and since I love spending time on things no one will ever see, I expanded my redraw to include the whole thing.  The full sized plastic was very warped, but I think in combination with my original I was able to fill in the blanks pretty good.

Attached pics are my templates, and then the final products.

DMD Display_original_cropped

DMD Display_original

DMD Display_cropped

DMD Display_full

4 users thanked author for this post.
                        cyberpez
                        Participant
                          @cyberpez

Another update, I spent the last bit working on the plastics.  Still need to do the text on them, and a bit of fine tuning, but I’m pretty darn impressed with what I was able to come up with.  Are they exact replicas..  no….  but for the limited resources I’m darn happy.  for that left plastic with the lich king on it (from adventure time I’m sure)  there was only 2 or 3 pics with parts of him visible..  My stitch is scewed a bit but I made an educated guess and fixed it pretty well I think.

plastic3

plastic1

plastic2

Here is what the table looks like as of now.  It’s getting closer and closer.  Not much left on the redraws, then just need to add in all the little details and whatnot.

kk-vuk2

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

Can assure you guys. You’ve got something to look forward to ! ;-)

cyberpez
                            Participant
                              @cyberpez

Been working on a few small details..  Can you find the difference’s?

SidebySide

Dark
                                @dark
                                vipMemberContributor

I know the differences because I watched the video, looks good but I wonder, should the normal flipper version have a plastic ramp instead of the black metal one?

3dcreation

cyberpez
                                Participant
                                  @cyberpez

@Dark Anything is possible.  Would you do a clear plastic ramp or?  The big task was getting everything working together in one table.  You can toggle differt preset option with the manga save or do your own custom settings.  The wire and big metal ramp need redone.. just place holders to get the table working.  I’m totally open for ideas or improvements.  My limited skills only take me so far.

Dark
                                    @dark
                                    vipMemberContributor

I would love to help but sadly I must decline, I already don’t have enough time to see a lot of the things I’d like to do get done.

I’m still working on finishing up the last of the Shadow toys, I’d like to maybe do the engine for corvette, godzilla head, update the skull from ‘hook’, finish the alien model I started for Big bang Bar among other things that I’m not sure when I’ll be able to complete.

3dcreation

Flupper
                                    Participant
                                      @philippe

Did somebody say clear plastic ramp? I can help if you want. You can choose between totan style (pov render) or fake glass (CFTBL style)…

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

@philippe : I don’t know how much work it would be for you. But, I don’t know Blender pre 2.8 very well.

So, I wonder if I could ask you to make a update for the clear plastic ramp tutor for 2.8x some day ?

cyberpez
                                        Participant
                                          @cyberpez

Howdy,  Update time.  Slow progress but lots of progress!!!  Not a ton left on my list.  The Kong in the middle of the table is inked just need to finish coloring that area.  Also found an insert that I missed.  A few missing bits and pieces here and there still.

Spent a bunch of time reworking the wire ramp for the King Sized Ramp version…  Its not a straight shot down like I had, has a few different bends and angles to it.  Probably not perfect, but has to be pretty close.  Also worked on all the different parts for the ball lock area….  so far I’ve got 6 different versions of that area.

A few things I could use a bit of help with…  Anyone want to help do some reflections on the metal bits..  Specifically the sides of the ramp to the upper playfield.. and the metal wall in the plunger lane.  One thing I’ve noticed is even on the beat version the walls are all like mirrors.  -I know this is a big ask so if no one volunteers, not a bit deal..

Notice the black ramp…  I have a hard time making it smooth, (you can see triangles in it)  maybe that’s something Flupper can help with when I pass it to him to do a plastic ramp?

Anyone have some opinions on some GI color mods?  I’d feel guilty not including a couple, but I’m honestly not very clever coming up with those..  I usually just copy a toddturkey video ;-)

kk8

The Loafer
                                          Participant
                                            @theloafer

That looks pretty damn sweet!  Thanks for the update

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?