This topic contains 25 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  LynnInDenver 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

OK, B2S is now “added” to the table. For some reason on my system, I can only use the bitmapped LED styles, the “Galaxy7” isn’t visible. I have “lights” for the active player. Naturally, the B2S is very, very slapdash right now, as it just has to function, not look pretty.

My next goal is to get some sort of nvram basically set up.

Attachments:
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

OK, got the NVRAM set up… as well as a nascent menu similar to ScottyWic’s menu system in his first Stranger Things table, which was almost too ambitious for doing all this yesterday. Right now, it saves last game scores, one high score, 3 or 5 ball, and whether or not Free Play is turned on, and the menu lets you change the ball number, ball save time, Free Play enable, and clearing the high score. I also added display rollovers for attract mode like early solid state pinballs would do.

One of the concerns is that I understand that B2S doesn’t as easily support alphanumeric versus straight numeral. Odds are good I’m going to stick with UltraDMD and/or PinUp Player for my tables for simplicity, which means I’ll need to look at what ScottyWic’s done with his setup.

Next up is “player state save and reload” of holding onto things like kickback (basically, one kickback per game to start, not ball, and it carries over) and enabling a Hold Bonus/Multiplier state.

Attachments:
     BorgDog 
    Participant
    MemberContributorvip

b2s can do alphanumeric, my nobs table on here and Jp’s old scarface vp9 found on vpf  both use them.  I had a discussion on vpuniverse about them when i was figuring it out.  It’s not totally straight forward, but it is doable.

I’m currently working through my own table with trying remember player state from ball to ball and am having issues with drop targets and resetting them back to the earlier state, just coincidentally started working on today so hopefully I’ll figure it out.  Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

LynnInDenver 
    Participant

OK, so got Shiva’s state saver installed, with a little added feature to account for the drop target bank. I also altered the kickback, now it saves per player, a player can have more than one “stacked”, and the table has an added setting for whether or not it “refreshes” if you have none left and lose your ball.

In other news, I did attend ScottyWic’s panel at the Pinball Showdown on Sunday. I may or may not dig a little more into his Orbital Pin framework and see if that’s going to be a good starter given that he’s got basics implemented for UltraDMD and the PUP active backglass, as well as RGB lighting.

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

Kind of a minor change (yet a major one), and a bug fix regarding the drop target memory retention where they wouldn’t reset correctly (basically order of operations, changed it so it just reads the light states and sets the drops accordingly at the end of the “set active player state” subroutine, and I stopped doing the regular drop target bank reset in the player change routine). The biggest change is I changed from using VPX’s “save data” functions to writing a text file in the User directory of VPX. I prefer to do this as it’s a quick way to delete or edit the NVRAM file if it becomes necessary. I pulled the knowledge for the routine out of the matching feature in the build for Aztec.

Some users who have liked this topic:

Attachments:
     LynnInDenver 
    Participant

UltraDMD is now implemented. Mostly copied from scottywic’s work in Orbital, I really like the way he abstracted out some of the parameters in the DMD calls so you don’t have to specify all those parameters every time, you just call the sub and pass it four arguments that it then slots in and calls UltraDMD for you. Some of the instances I set up are basically meant to be placeholders for table-specific graphics.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account