Nemesis

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    batch
    Participant
      @batch

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/nemesis/

Ladies and Gentlemen, I’m glad and proud to propose you the VPX version of Nemesis (Peyper 1986), one of the all fantastic VP9 tables from MFuegemann.

I started this project in october 2019, and I must confess it was very long, because of varied reasons, the main was I wasn’t yet retired !

I did a very soft lighting with no flashers, to show this colorful table to advantage.

Unfortunately, you can’t register your highscore, this issue is ROM related.

This table was built with VP10.6 final.

You can find the B2s backglass and the ROM on VPForums

I wanna thank the following persons:

First of all, MFuegemann, for accepting me to convert his VP9 table to VPX, and for his help.

Akiles for playfield and plastics images from the VP9 version I used as a starting point.

NFozzy for his flipper an rubber physics, and Rothbauerw for his tutorials, his help, and his patience.

Bord for his Drop Target primitive

Wiesshund for his method to delay the ball release

And, of course, big enormous thanks to VPinball and VPinMAME developers.

Hope you like it !

Bertrand (Batch)

Total of 43 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I know that you’ve been working on this one for a while now @batch, so, thank you very much  for that. This one I’ll be saving for tomorrow, getting up, taking my coffee and start to play. :rose:

Preview looks very nice by the way ! :good:

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Goldchicco
        Participant
          @goldchicco

You know I love this tables and I didn’t work on this one because I knew you (you told me )  were working on it.

Time for me to relax and enjoy another Peyper and Mfuegemann table.

Congratulation on this release :good:

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

Congrats, @batch. Such unique art and layout. Looking forward to seeing how it plays.

Thank you for your work!

KrakenByte
            Participant
              @krakenbyte

Historical achievement, a very exquisite work here, so thanks!

KrakenByte Kraken

JR
              Participant
                @jfr1

!  This table is so cool.  Fell in love with it’s layout when Thal let me goof around with his physm version.  Love the hidden tunnels.  Whenever I see large plastic on tables from this era just taking up space, I wonder why a passage or two wasn’t added just for fun like this table has.

Thanks @batch for taking your time and nailing it.  Glad you didn’t rush.  Seems this build really benefited by ‘fermenting’ for a bit.  This is up-all-night good.  And I’m off tomorrow!

kds70
                Participant
                  @kds70

Thanks for this rare table … very very nice. Play and looks awesome; and a very “rare” POV setting too; never thought to set a POV with these settings; but it looks really good. my standard POV settings are 10 / 40 / 60 (inclination, FoV, layback) to finetune it finally per table.

Perfect, thanks :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

So, several coffees later. Really nice job mate. Small thing to consider. Those two kickers that holds the balls doesn’t have a material, so when you the targets and then after hit the balls, you get the “ugly” pink showing. On my end I also changed the sound for the rubbersleeves from fx_collition to fx_metalwire. I guess I’ve played so many games in VP, that I react to sounds re-used and not being what I expect them to be. :rose:

kds70
                    Participant
                      @kds70

fx_collition to fx_metalwire

Noticed this too at this moment and i will change this too. For my setup i will level down some table / rolling sounds (much too loud). But this are small issues; it´s a really good table release. :good:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

batch
                      Participant
                        @batch

Thanks for the feedback, Thalamus, I note your comments and I’ll add these updates to the next revision

And what is your opinion about ball rolling sounds ? (kds70 comments)

PS: good plays and don’t drink too much coffees !

batch
                        Participant
                          @batch

Thanks for your comments too, kds70, I was afraid ball rolling sounds were too low, but, as I’m a little bit old, perhaps I begin to be deaf !

Seriously, as I’ve no cab, I’m a desktop user, I set the sounds for my personal use on my PC

So if some other users think they are too loud, I’ll lower them in the next update

It’s all the same for my POV settings, I just wanted to have a nice view of the table without Xscale stretching

kds70
                          Participant
                            @kds70

And what is your opinion about ball rolling sounds ? (kds70 comments)

Hey batch :yes: ball rolling sound are “personal feeling”; i´ve changed fx_ballrolling sounds to quiter ones i prefer. So no problem.

It´s your table; so keep your table as you like it ;-)

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

I agree partly with @kds70, ball rolling being an individual thing. But, the truth is actually that on tables where you don’t hear the rom very well, you will very often hear the ball much louder than you might at first expect. Just go to youtube, have a look at old EM’s, vs SS and modern. I expect that this would sound more or less like a EM, with quite noticeable rolling sound. Then again, this is VP, don’t like it – change it. I think you should just let it be on this. Or, make it into a Dim variable so it is easy to adjust via the script.

STAT
                              Participant
                                @stefanaustria
                                MemberContributor

Coffee ? I think this will be a good Try to play that with a Beer tonight, what i want to do ;-)

Thank you @batch … great to get all the good Tables for VPX, also by you :good:

batch
                                Participant
                                  @batch

“Or, make it into a Dim variable so it is easy to adjust via the script.”

Thalamus, another thing I’ve to learn to do, but now I’ve a lot of time to learn

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Coffee ? I think this will be a good Try to play that with a Beer tonight, what i want to do ;-)

Thank you @batch … great to get all the good Tables for VPX, also by you :good:

Oh, ah. I’m tempted to do the same – it is not that. Still on call at work this weekend, so, I have to wait until late in the evening. Coming Monday though. I’ve got a lot of holiday left, mostly because of this Covid pandemic. So, actually I won’t be working until next year. Then, who knows. Maybe I’ll replace that morning coffee for a beer instead. :wacko: B-) ;-)

Oh, and @batch. Just hit me up if you can’t figure it out. Everything is easy, once you know how it is done :yes:

batch
                                    Participant
                                      @batch

Thanks, Thalamus, can you write me the Sub, or point me on a table script ?

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

If you look at pr. example JPS 3.0 physics code, he has changed the way that he addresses the volume. He is now using a constant that he names ‘ballvol’.

PlaySound("fx_ballrolling" & b), -1, ballvol, Pan(BOT(b) ), 0, ballpitch, 1, 0, AudioFade(BOT(b) )

So, saying that ballvol = 1 means it plays as loud as the sample is. Setting it to 2 won’t work, well, it will play it, but with a value of 1, because the volume can only be between 0 and 1. It used to be some math going on there, calling the dynamic vol function.

PlaySound("fx_ballrolling" & b), -1, Vol(BOT(b) )*.5, AudioPan(BOT(b) ), 0, Pitch(BOT(b) )+50000, 1, 0, AudioFade(BOT(b) )

and the function

Function Vol(ball) ' Calculates the Volume of the sound based on the ball speed
                                            Vol = Csng(BallVel(ball) ^2 / 2000)
                                        End Function

So, that is dynamic, depending on the balls speed. But, the value is always divided by 2000.  If you divided it by a lower value, the sound would become stronger. For most of the scripts in the github repo, I made that 2000 into a Constant that one could change. But, of course, it would also effect anything else that used that function.

Setting the volume is in both cases though, the third value of the playsound. So, basically.

Const BatchVolume = 0.8

PlaySound("fx_ballrolling" & b), -1, BatchVolume, Pan(BOT(b) ), 0, ballpitch, 1, 0, AudioFade(BOT(b) )

is parameter controlled, but, with a constant volume. You can always just copy that Vol funtion and call it VolBatch or something.

Function VolBatch(ball) ' Calculates the Volume of the sound based on the ball speed
                                            VolBatch = Csng(BallVel(ball) ^2 / 500)
                                        End Function

Then, it would not effect the other copied and pasted calls that use the more common “Vol”. And it will play louder, because of the division is smaller.

Hope this makes sense.

batch
                                        Participant
                                          @batch

Thanks, I will try this on monday, now I need to take a rest ! (and a beer)

Rajo Joey
                                          Participant
                                            @joey2001

Thanks for this nice table.

Here are my two wheels for this table.

As always you find my wheels in my MEGA-account or in the PinUp Popper media-database:
                                            https://mega.nz/#F!IFsxBbCD!04cfuNEJi5hwuYxL6CvQIg

Nemesis (Peyper 1986)Nemesis (Peyper 1986) Logo

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?