PinKadia: Pinball, MAME, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

The pinball cabinet , PC, VR and simpit are all now working together… and after a few years, I finally have pinball cabinet glass! I also have some tinted plexi blades to cover the MX Leds on the sides to match the back panel. It’s going to look real nice when it’s all setup!

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Mega
      Participant
        @mega

I am just getting into this hobby, but I just wanted to say this is my favorite build I’ve seen so far!!

TerryRed
          @terryred

This video finally shows the first reveal of my updates to my virtual pincab.

I reworked the Popper T-Bar to now display on my new Apron screen, and the Text and details to display on my mid-screen.

I also now have animated “grill videos” for each playlist, but you can have them for each table if you want.

I’ll have gameplay demos showing the apron screen being used with PuP-Packs and the mid-screen being used with PUPDMD and PinEvent.

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

I wondered what uses you’d be putting the new apron screen to.

Very tempted to do the same thing you’ve done for Radiant Silverball’s PostDMD screen, at least for game information and location of the DMD itself.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

TerryRed
              @terryred

I wondered what uses you’d be putting the new apron screen to.

Very tempted to do the same thing you’ve done for Radiant Silverball’s PostDMD screen, at least for game information and location of the DMD itself.

For my FP Jaws Ultimate Pro pup-pack…thats exactly what I use it for. It shows text videos that show and tell you what to do at different points in the game,etc. I still need to update that for PinEvent and a 16:9 FullDMD option as well.

TerryRed
                @terryred

This video talks all about reflections on your playfield and how to get rid of them using either privacy / security screen, or a custom glare guard.
                I also show gameplay demos to show how the games look with and without reflections using my crazy custom glare guard and privacy screen on my MX Leds.

@randr
                I remeber you mentioning the use of privacy screen for MX leds in a video long ago. Did you ever try it with your DMDs? I know you have the metal guard.

Kaze1SD
                Participant
                  @kaze1sd

Awesome cabinet @TerryRed!

I would also like to build a hybrid cab as I am limited on space.

Now that you have had PinKadia for awhile would you change anything if you had to do it over again?  I know being a hybrid cab there are definitely going to have to be some compromises to make but are you satisfied with the distance of the arcade controls from the front?  Would you move them further up or back (further back for comfort OR further up to bring pinball playfield closer) if you were starting all over again?  Definitely interested in your opinion.

Thanks again for sharing PinKadia with us.

BTW, I apologize if this is a duplicate post but I posted this question on the Arcade Controls forum a few days ago and it never showed. 

Virtual Pinball... The Final Frontier. It’s CONTINUING mission, to seek new tables and new videos. To explore strange new forums and VP blogs.  To boldy create something you’ve never created before. ?

Conehead
                  Participant
                    @conehead
                    This reply has been marked as private.
                    XenapZ
                    Participant
                      @xenapz

Cool use on the apron screen, and an awesome build over all.

What are your thoughts on using a touchscreen apron screen in the same way? I think it would be a nice way to scroll trough the tables.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?