Pirates of the Caribbean PuPPack

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    trochjochel
    Participant
      @trochjochel

change the script yes .

trochjochel
      Participant
        @trochjochel

little update on Pinup1.4. the order of the screens was changed so that there are no problems if you have  any screens in your basic setup rotated. copy the files from potcpinup1.4update.zip in your potc_600af(potc_600as)folder and overwrite the existing files.

and changed PuPOverlay with better textures as the old (big thank to Todd Adams who made this overlay for me)

charlieshakur
        Participant
          @charlieshakur

Think I need to do my colour ROM on this one still

ChuckD
          Participant
            @chuckd

Same issue as some others here. Choppy video and poor performance “sticky flippers”. Works fine if I switch back to b2s. I only have a 2 screen setup so I disabled the screens not in use in the pup editor. I have the same issue with Star Trek but other packs play butter smooth. Any ideas? I suppose I can try converting the video to 480p like another poster did. Just seems strange that other packs with 1080p video are fine.

Thanks

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

check performance by running pack outside of vpx (or other apps)

exit everything/all apps. run in pinupsystem the pinuppacktester.exe and load up the pack rom. put task-manager on your playfield monitor, and send all sorts of D# events and see what type of cpu/gpu usage you get.    Like send d1 then d2 then d3…etc.

coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

I’ve also got a GTX1060 runing 4 monitors and this is the only PUP pack that makes the table stutter/jitter badly.  6 core HT xeon.. sending commands does spike two of my cores.  I was running pinaffinity.. Disabled that and now table plays fine.

Looks like I need to fine tune the setup or perhaps with 1.4 I don’t need it any longer.. will do some testing…

lost soul
                Participant
                  @lostsoul

hi great work on this thank you, is there a way to have the dmd on top of the border, i always have mine over sized for my eyes and parts of dmd is behind the border

20190601_122353

outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

Try this

In your DmdDevice.ini file Change to true

; virtual dmd stays on top of all other windows
                    stayontop = true

lost soul
                    Participant
                      @lostsoul

i gave that a try outhere and it was set to false so i changed that to true, but it still didnt fix the problem, the bezel is still on top

i am using dmdext freezys dll

NailBuster
                        @nailbuster
                        ModeratorMember

i gave that a try outhere and it was set to false so i changed that to true, but it still didnt fix the problem, the bezel is still on top

i am using dmdext freezys dll

you cannot get freezy (or anything) above the overlay.  you won’t be able to do what you want without making your own new overlays with bigger dmd/areas.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                        lost soul
                        Participant
                          @lostsoul

NailBuster thanks,

mon72
                          Participant
                            @mon72

How do I rotate my playfield without messing up for the other games?

I have Pirates coming up on the playfield rotated with the flippers to the left and top to the right.

BR

Magnus

SOLVED I downloaded the Pirates update with POV file included… In VPX with game opened click file/ import ->POV.  DONE.

trochjochel
                            Participant
                              @trochjochel

If you load the table in the vpx editor. click backdrop then click options. then enter at xy rotation 270. then in cameraLight mode set the table as you want it to be. or search for a POV file for the table, copy it into the tables folder and name it the same way as the table – that’s even easier.

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

This table comes with a POV –
                                https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pirates-of-the-caribbean-stern-2006-sp-1-1/
                                Pirates of the Caribbean (Stern 2006) – SP 1.1.zip

More info
                                https://vpinball.com/vpx-cameralight-mode-tutorial/

Badazzwi
                                Participant
                                  @badazzwi

20190813_21450820190813_214947

Great PupPack! Only issue I am having is with the color rom included in the downloads. It doesn’t give full color. I ran it without the PupPack and same thing. Top image is colored with patch from vpu and bottom is the one included in downloads.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

trochjochel
                                  Participant
                                    @trochjochel

the color rom in the download was the newest when this pack was created. In order for the pack to work with the new full color rom I have to completely redesign the pupcapturing, but I have not had time yet.

Badazzwi
                                    Participant
                                      @badazzwi

Ok I see. I’ll just use the rom included then. Thank you for all your hard work. Love your PupPacks.

NailBuster
                                        @nailbuster
                                        ModeratorMember

@trochjochel   colour roms don’t affect pupcapture.  the captures are always pre-colour (orange).

trochjochel
                                        Participant
                                          @trochjochel

I know, but something does not fit with the colorrom (with blue wave), i had briefly tested. But the videos were not correctly triggered. Maybe this is just a wrong romversion. Or maybe the coloring pixel changed no idea but something does not fit there.

Badazzwi
                                          Participant
                                            @badazzwi

Yeah the videos definitely weren’t triggering right with the new colored rom. I played with both roms a few times and that was the only reason I brought it up in the first place.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 88 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?