RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    darthwhat
    Participant
      @darthwhat

Hey Terry,

Ive updated everything (I think) but I get this error, any ideas?

IMG_1999

You didn’t update everything.

• install BAM update (the zip file, not the exe installer)
      • install PinEvent 1.4
      • install the newest table
      • install the newest pup-pack

Then read the PinEvent FAQ if still having problems

I didn’t do the pup pack cause I don’t really want it. Will this table not work without it?

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Hey Terry,

Ive updated everything (I think) but I get this error, any ideas?

IMG_1999

You didn’t update everything.

• install BAM update (the zip file, not the exe installer)
        • install PinEvent 1.4
        • install the newest table
        • install the newest pup-pack

Then read the PinEvent FAQ if still having problems

I didn’t do the pup pack cause I don’t really want it. Will this table not work without it?

Yes, it will run without it…but I’m not a mind reader.

I don’t know if you are trying DOF or pup, which is why I say update everything, then read the FAQ.

darthwhat
        Participant
          @darthwhat

#186518 Reply | Qu

Thanks again Terry all good now :) lovely table.

rodrigo8
          Participant
            @rodrigo8

Hi Terry,

I’m wandering these Pinevent new tables (Jaws,Halloween,Retroflair),  are developed to run via Pinupmenu? I ask this because via FPloader.exe everything works perfectly 3 displays, cabinet, fulldmd. However when I try to run using Pinupmenu it seems that Puppacks are not started just the table with the “old” style.

Thank you anyways, amazing job.

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

are developed to run via Pinupmenu? — Yes
              It sounds like you don’t have something set up right in Pinup popper as far as assigning the right game

rodrigo8
              Participant
                @rodrigo8

I found the problem why pinuppack is not running via pinup frontend only via FPloader.exe. At first I followed these instructions:

7 – Something is up? I can launch a table but can’t exit emulator back to Popper?
                You may have some of your emulators (vpx,fx3..etc) setup to run as admin. its now recommended to run everything on your system as NON-ADMIN, check all apps and remember to turn off admin mode for doflinx, and fploader/FP, and any other tools you may use.Programs Running As Administrator (Admin) And Installing As Administrator are 2 Different Things

So I found out that I must run PinUpMenu.exe and  FPloader.exe as admin. My UAC is off, antivirus, firewall off.  I hope to help someone.

LynnInDenver
                Participant
                  @lynnindenver

You can’t run with UAC off, it actually breaks some things badly because of how it’s been integrated. You need it at least at the lowest level that isn’t off. That’s probably why you’re having to run those two as Admin.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                  Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                  Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Gramps
                  Participant
                    @gramps

I’m trying to run on desktop a single monitor configuration (although I actually have 2 monitors).   Everything runs great except for one problem…..the table runs on one screen (not the one I want it to) and everything else runs on second screen (which is identified as screen one.

I’m on my 3rd install of everything trying to correct this problem.  I thought I had followed all the guides you’ve written and all the videos.  I keep thinking I’ve got to missing something, but I’ll be darned if I know what.  My VPX tables run everything on one screen and the correct screen.

BAM Video/Rendering Option has “Display 1” selected.  Windows 10 display setting identifies the screen in front of me as screen 1 (and selected as my main screen) Everything but the table is showing up on this table.  The monitor to the right of me is setup in windows as screen 2.  Just the table is running on that screen. I want everything to run on screen 1 …the monitor in front of me.

What am I missing?

Other than that, REALLY cool game though.

Thanks.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

I’m trying to run on desktop a single monitor configuration (although I actually have 2 monitors). Everything runs great except for one problem…..the table runs on one screen (not the one I want it to) and everything else runs on second screen (which is identified as screen one.

I’m on my 3rd install of everything trying to correct this problem. I thought I had followed all the guides you’ve written and all the videos. I keep thinking I’ve got to missing something, but I’ll be darned if I know what. My VPX tables run everything on one screen and the correct screen.

BAM Video/Rendering Option has “Display 1” selected. Windows 10 display setting identifies the screen in front of me as screen 1 (and selected as my main screen) Everything but the table is showing up on this table. The monitor to the right of me is setup in windows as screen 2. Just the table is running on that screen. I want everything to run on screen 1 …the monitor in front of me.

What am I missing?

Other than that, REALLY cool game though.

Thanks.

Make sure the Backglass is not enabled in FP Video Settings.

Be sure your Windows Text Scaling is set to 100 on ALL monitors (you will need to reboot after making this change).

Then you simply need to try to change the DISPLAY # in FP Video Settings to the one that will work. Note… the DISPLAY # that WILL work may NOT match what is shown in Windows. You just have to try each one until you get the one that works.

Gramps
                      Participant
                        @gramps

Thanks Terry.  It’s not enabled in FP Video Settings and Windows Text scaling is set to 100 on both monitors.

If I switch the FP Video Settings to Monitor 2 I can hear the game playing but can’t see it. I can see the backglass which is interesting because if I do the same thing with JAWS, I can hear everything, but can’t see a thing.

Why does it all work in visual pinball, but not in future pinball, I wonder.

TerryRed
                          @terryred

Thanks Terry. It’s not enabled in FP Video Settings and Windows Text scaling is set to 100 on both monitors.

If I switch the FP Video Settings to Monitor 2 I can hear the game playing but can’t see it. I can see the backglass which is interesting because if I do the same thing with JAWS, I can hear everything, but can’t see a thing.

Why does it all work in visual pinball, but not in future pinball, I wonder.

Show me a picture of your FP Video settings.

“What” backglass do you see? You should not being seeing the FP backglass at all.

This is a “Windows” problem that causes some programs to get confused with which monitor ID they should use to display, on,etc.

Gramps
                          Participant
                            @gramps

I’m sorry, Terry.  You and I have started a discussion under Future Pinball and BAM mega guide page that’s solving the problem…………and it’s working.  I really, really appreciate it.  I’ve been dealing with this through 3 installs and 3 months.

speedyclint
                            Participant
                              @speedyclint

I updated to 1.4, now i cant get scoring and some textures to show.??

cabinet. dmd lcd.

Fixed. profiles didn match, B-)

sidoious
                              Participant
                                @sidoious

I have 2 college degrees and can’t get this to work despite following all the guides. Everyone’s screenshots look nice I guess.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

I have 2 college degrees and can’t get this to work despite following all the guides. Everyone’s screenshots look nice I guess.

With an attitude like that, screenshots are all you will ever see.

Hundreds of people without any degree have had no problem getting it to work. Those that did have problems at the very least describe their setup…what they are trying to run…. what pup-pack (if using pup)… are they using DOF or PUP…. or only the table and no pup-pack…. any errors displayed…. did you read and follow the PinEvent FAQ…. do other normal FP tables work… did you setup FP and BAM properly first using my FP and BAM guide… what “does” work….

Posting only to say that you are a “smart” and “it just don’t work” is not exactly going to inspire anyone to want to help.

feltz
                                  Participant
                                    @feltz

Hey guys, hoping i got something simple and wrong in my setup. Everything is working with the exception of the mini-screen / aprons using pup stream.

I guess I dont fully understand how the pup stream works, but here’s my hardware:
                                    2 monitor cabinet (a 3rd monitor is plugged in for testing purposes / dummy monitor?)

A couple things I dont quite get, is in the script editor, what should i be setting apron and pf screen to?
                                    more importantly, where are PUPSCREENX defined? Why are default PUPSCREEN2 and PUPSCREEN5?

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Hey guys, hoping i got something simple and wrong in my setup. Everything is working with the exception of the mini-screen / aprons using pup stream.

I guess I dont fully understand how the pup stream works, but here’s my hardware:

2 monitor cabinet (a 3rd monitor is plugged in for testing purposes / dummy monitor?)

A couple things I dont quite get, is in the script editor, what should i be setting apron and pf screen to?

more importantly, where are PUPSCREENX defined? Why are default PUPSCREEN2 and PUPSCREEN5?

PUP Stream “captures” the pup-pack displays (or any window) and streams them “into” FP directly. For cabinet users….they would have the pup-pack showing on their backbox monitors, and PUP Stream would stream “from” the pup-pack displayed on those monitors.

Some things that will stop this from working:

• the backbox monitors are in portrait orientation
                                      • the backbox monitors are connected to onboard GPU instead of your main nvidia / amd video card

Be sure you actually enabled PUP Stream in PinEvent_Setting.vbs for the mode you are running in (it’s disabled by default in all modes)

As described in the PUP Stream sections of the guide / PinEvent_Settings.vbs…. PUPSCREEN 2  and PUPSCREEN 5 are defined by the “windows” that pup stream is capturing from. It can be any window that isn’t obscured. The pup Backglass is pupscreen 2. The pup FullDMD is pupscreen 5.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      feltz
                                      Participant
                                        @feltz

I got it working now, not sure what i did to get it going.

Is it not supposed to work on a 2 monitor setup? For the life of me, it would not work until i outputed the BG/DMD to Monitor 3, and then did a PUP stream of that to 1 and 2.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

I got it working now, not sure what i did to get it going.

Is it not supposed to work on a 2 monitor setup? For the life of me, it would not work until i outputed the BG/DMD to Monitor 3, and then did a PUP stream of that to 1 and 2.

You need to decide what permanent setup you are using. 2 monitors or 3 monitors. PUP Stream should be disabled at first.

Your “FP Backglass” should be disabled when running PinEvent tables and pup-packs (described in the install instructions on how to properly do it).

Then you would run a pup-pack option that displays the pup-pack BG on your backglass monitor and the FullDMD on your 3rd monitor.

Only “after” you have this all working correctly, do you attempt to enable PUP Stream. You should only need to enable it with the default settings and it should work (except for what I noted in the above post).

tmagni78
                                          Participant
                                            @tmagni78

I updated BAM to 1.5 and now I’m getting multiple errors with all my PinEvent tables.  For Retroflair, I’m getting the line 456 “initrakedballs” error.  Any ideas?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 91 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?