Shaker Motor Kit – Wiring

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    outhere
    Participant
      @brucev

Thanks for the info

when my H-bridge gets here I will hook it up

HauntFreaks
        @hauntfreaks
        vipContributorMember

Yeah they are around $1.50-$3.00 each work great. Keep in mind you hook this to the ledwiz input. Not the normal outputs of the ledwiz.

90458728-8FCE-4980-B708-71B5B4FA0403

I’ve seen this posted before… why is it only the shaker that needs to be hooked to the chip like this???

TerryRed
          @terryred
          MemberContributorModerator

Yeah they are around $1.50-$3.00 each work great. Keep in mind you hook this to the ledwiz input. Not the normal outputs of the ledwiz.

90458728-8FCE-4980-B708-71B5B4FA0403

I’ve seen this posted before… why is it only the shaker that needs to be hooked to the chip like this???

I “think” it’s because you want to bypass that buffer chip in order to get the full voltage range of the PWM signal.

If you don’t do that, then I think it will still work, but you won’t get as high an output for up to max, and as low as you want for low. So your shaker won’t be working to its full range or potential.

1 user thanked author for this post.
          outhere
          Participant
            @brucev

I have the H-bridge hooked up and working but the maximum voltage going to the shaker motor is 7.8 V

TerryRed
              @terryred

I have the H-bridge hooked up and working but the maximum voltage going to the shaker motor is 7.8 V

Are you connected (soldered) like in the diagram above?

Confirm what your max intensity is set to in DOF Config Tool.

If its not 48…then maybe its normal possibly to have less voltage?Try maxing it out (if not already) to see if it changes.

I’m not sure if that setting only controls the width of the pulses, or if it affects your voltage output.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

Terry replied before I could but he is correct as always…what’s your max and min in tool? How are you testing the shaker? Try the dof test table and see what you get

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

outhere
                Participant
                  @brucev

I have it hooked up exactly like both diagrams…

I use the test Menu in DOFLinx

I also used the new tester from DOF R3++

TerryRed
                    @terryred

I have it hooked up exactly like both diagrams…

I use the test Menu in DOFLinx

I also used the new tester from DOF R3++

DOFLinx is a good tester to use. I never checked my voltage while it was active…so I can’t compare… but my MAX output was simply way too much, even though my heavy as crap cabinet doesn’t budge. :)

Is it running good at all at 7+ volts though?

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

If input voltage is 12v maybe you have a bad h bridge output? You could try the other output on same h bridge and see if it’s same? Are your jumpers setup the same as pictured on the h bridge?

for IOS and Android

outhere
                      Participant
                        @brucev

When I was hook to the solid state relay it was way too fast so it must have been getting 12 V then..

Is it running good at all at 7+ volts though? — half speed

You could try the other output on same h bridge and see if it’s same? — I will check

Are your jumpers setup the same as pictured on the h bridge? — Yes

outhere
                        Participant
                          @brucev

You could try the other output on same h bridge and see if it’s same? — Same thing

This is the one I have

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XR1YNH4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At 12 V the motor pulls 3.2 continuous amp…

The rating on the H-bridge is 2.0 amp ….

So would appear the H-bridge I have is not going to work for this…

Do you have a link to the exact H-bridge you are using?

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Looks like you have the exact same one I have. Mine has been running for 4-5 years with zero issues as have many others setup the same way.  Strange!

You have the wire attached to input of the ledwiz and not output right?

********************************************************
                            for IOS and Android

outhere
                            Participant
                              @brucev

pic

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

So your say running at 12 v it’s drawing to much? Or is it drawing to much at  7v? Did you get it to run at full speed 12v yet?

you have 2 ledwiz’s? or just one but its device ID 2?

for IOS and Android

outhere
                                Participant
                                  @brucev

When I don’t use the H-bridge the motor gets 12 V and pulling 3.2 amps –> Very fast

When I use the H-bridge it’s only getting about 8 V and pulling about 2.0 amps

This H-bridge is a maximum of 2 amps…  So I wonder if it’s regulating…. It will not let me use more than 2 amps

Maybe TerryRed will charm in and give me a link to where he bought his…

You have 2 ledwiz’s?   –  Yes

randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

It’s the same model h bridge that I use perhaps the cap on motor is causing the issue?  Mine don’t have a cap and I’m sure it’s getting full voltage

FC5A6AD4-2D33-42EB-B2F3-B03BC98AE463

for IOS and Android

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Where I got my shaker. I did NOT use the PCB that came with it….well I did at first…. thinking the diode was in parallel, but it was actually in series!

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1352

As a result, poor randr had me pestering him at night…

It wound up blowing one of my h-bridge’s outputs. I used the other output after I saw the error of my ways, and it works perfect!

outhere
                                      Participant
                                        @brucev

It would appear I bought the same shaker motor set up that you did….

On your motor did you leave the capacitor on their?

TerryRed – Do you happen to have a link to To the H-bridge That you bought?

Because the H-bridge I bought is not cooperating

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

Yes, I left that cap on there. I didn’t change anything with the motor.

What I ordered…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/221611672215

outhere
                                          Participant
                                            @brucev

Thanks – on order – We will see if they work for me

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 53 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?